Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Evaluating Jay Gruden in 2018


Voice_of_Reason

Recommended Posts

Saints Run defense doesn’t look so bad but that could be because they score so much it forces teams into throwing it and their secondary isn’t so hot.

 

Ideally the Skins want to run the ball, keep Brees off the field, and bend but don’t break in the red zone.  The Skins will not even come close to winning a shootout.  It’s the only formula for success.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Saints Run defense doesn’t look so bad but that could be because they score so much it forces teams into throwing it and their secondary isn’t so hot.

 

Ideally the Skins want to run the ball, keep Brees off the field, and bend but don’t break in the red zone.  The Skins will not even come close to winning a shootout.  It’s the only formula for success.  

They have one stud in the secondary in Lattimore, who shut down OBJ. But I think we match up well with them because we're more of a spread it out team. Their run D only looks good because the Bucs and Falcons passed the ball at will on them. We have to come out aggressive and do the same. I think this is the game we see Thompson go off more than Peterson, and the TEs as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

They have one stud in the secondary in Lattimore, who shut down OBJ. But I think we match up well with them because we're more of a spread it out team. Their run D only looks good because the Bucs and Falcons passed the ball at will on them. We have to come out aggressive and do the same. I think this is the game we see Thompson go off more than Peterson, and the TEs as well.

The WRs are going to have to contribute.  If they don't force the Saints to at least respect the outside receivers, they're going to just clog the middle and dare Alex to throw outside.  Crowder and Reed are best in the middle, as is the running game.

 

If they can get some passes outside early, that forces the defense to respect more of the field, which will open up things for the running game and inside routes which Reed and Crowder do so well. 

 

I don't care if it's Mo Harris (assuming he's back), or Doctson, or Richardson, or whoever, but SOMEBODY on the outside is going to have to make some plays. 

 

In addition to running the ball well and getting the ball to CT, Reed and Crowder. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Five years in and not ready for prime time. Sure, the refs cheated big time in the first half, but the Redskins also sucked and were completely outcoached and out- gameplanned

 

I really did expect us to lose, but does it have to be that humiliating?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see nothing from Jay Gruden to justify his continued employment.  Doesn't mean the next guy will be even better. Doesn't mean the real issue isn't the front office & ownership, but that still doesn't change how awful Jay Gruden seems to have this team prepared on a routine basis.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In the words of the great Julius Campbell from remember the Titans “attitude reflect leadership captain”. 

 

not only do the Redskins not have the talent to beat some of the better teams in the NFL they don’t have the coach. This team will never win with the no urgency having, “aw shucks” coach like Gruden. So tired of seeing him look lost on the sidelines. This team gave up at halftime.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I see nothing from Jay Gruden to justify his continued employment.  Doesn't mean the next guy will be even better. Doesn't mean the real issue isn't the front office & ownership, but that still doesn't change how awful Jay Gruden seems to have this team prepared on a routine basis.

How the F are we always so bad after a freaking bye week? Other coaches feast on that week, it seems to curse Jay Gruden like Ricketts and pop-up ads.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Did anyone hear Gruden's presser?  Once again he did the "I take the blame, I didn't have the team ready" routines.  My gawd.  How many more times do I need to hear this.  

 

At some point shouldn't openly admitting over and over again to not doing or being able to do your job put that job on the line?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

This team in 9-15 after a win under Gruden.   

And theyÂ’ve gone 9 games in a row without a 3rd quarter TD

 

BUT THE INJURIES!!!!!

 

At some point you have to call a spade a spade.

 

i said before that I would judge the 4 games (Saints, Carolina, Dallas, Giants) as a group.  I said I’d be ok with a tough fought loss to the saints.  It’s a tough place to play.

 

Well, we got a Gruden Dud.  

 

But the question is, can they go 3-1 over these 4 games.  I said that this morning.  

 

Carolina isnÂ’t great, they should beat Dallas at home and NYG on the road.

 

If they go 3-1, and get to 5-3, that would be a good mid-way record.

 

i doubt they get to 5-3.  Most likely 4-4. Why?  Because that’s Gruden.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Did anyone hear Gruden's presser?  Once again he did the "I take the blame, I didn't have the team ready" routines.  My gawd.  How many more times do I need to hear this.  

His demeanor reminds me of the Eli Manning's pics in that thread here on ES.  He always looks and sounds like he just smelled a fart. Never any substance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Jumbo locked this topic

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...