Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 8

Voice_of_Reason

It was a great episode. 

I have a little problem with how this works over the next 3 episodes.  If the WW/Army of the Dead truly are finished, it will be a bit disappointing.   This has been building up for 8 seasons and all they managed to do was force the wildings to flee south, blast a hole in the wall, overrun Last Hearth and then get defeated at Winterfell ?   Meh.  Thats barely more damage than the Ironborn or any other factions did.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

It was a great episode. 

I have a little problem with how this works over the next 3 episodes.  If the WW/Army of the Dead truly are finished, it will be a bit disappointing.   This has been building up for 8 seasons and all they managed to do was force the wildings to flee south, blast a hole in the wall, overrun Last Hearth and then get defeated at Winterfell ?   Meh.  Thats barely more damage than the Ironborn or any other factions did.

What else would they conquer or defeat? There’s no army between Winterfell and KL. There’s no relevant location other than KL left.

Helms Deep>>WW battle

There were some super cool scenes but some serious stupidity in the battle plan. Arya was a beast. Melisandre coming back was great, but too many of the main characters lived. Did they forget the entire, gotta burn people that die thing?

42 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Did Bran do ANYTHING?

Also, is Dany now down to just one dragon?

Both dragons lived. They were in the preview for next week.

• Like 1

Just now, Hersh said:

Helms Deep>>WW battle

There were some super cool scenes but some serious stupidity in the battle plan. Arya was a beast. Melisandre coming back was great, but too many of the main characters lived. Did they forget the entire, gotta burn people that die thing?

Melisandre coming back at that moment really felt like a Deux Ex Machina by the writers

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

Helms Deep>>WW battle

No way. Helms Deep, when the rohirrim show up there are way more than what was supposedly left.  Not sure that they would’ve made a difference since there were so many UH. 

5 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

No way. Helms Deep, when the rohirrim show up there are way more than what was supposedly left.  Not sure that they would’ve made a difference since there were so many UH. 

I mean if we are comparing stretches, 10 people just managed to fend off thousands of undead that the NK raised during the battle. Also, the previews for next week seem to show a lot of people. Where were they hiding?

Edited by Hersh

The many lessons of episode three:

1- Sending your cavalry riding into the dark, to face an unknown enemy, whilst holding torches right in front of their eyes (rendering them effectively blind) should be avoided. 

2- Stand behind the great big walls, that's what they're for, and remember your great big army is needed to properly man the walls.

3- Protip: catapults can also go inside the walls.   

4- If your dragons are your greatest asset, don't give one to the guy that just abandons it in a field somewhere. 

5- Screaming at undead dragons, a poor choice in battle strategy. 

6- When fighting an enemy that literally raises the dead, don't hide in a crypt. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 6

amazing episode with a **** ending. It wasn’t earned to have Arya killing the Night King. She comes flying out of

nowhere. 

I have serious issues with this story structure. It was incredible spectacle with the only other thing that really bothered me was bringing ghost back just to run him into death. Whatever that’s garbage too but oh well. 

The rest of the episode was incredible but they built up the WW and NK for 8 seasons and then kill them in the first battle by somebody that just found out about them a month ago that came flying thru the sky.

It’s just ridiculous and disappointing. No lore advancement, no past or motive explained. Just show up, wreak havoc and die. It was exactly what I feared 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Melisandre coming back at that moment really felt like a Deux Ex Machina by the writers

Sure, but it’s what she does.  Because it was her I think it was perfect.  We knew she would be back at some point, as she said.