Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Josh Doctson the new 50/50?

Redskinscub

On 4/20/2018 at 5:43 PM, HTTRDynasty said:

Like this:

My has football changed. The poor corner cant jam or even touch him as Doctson does the salsa in front of him. Playing corner has to be the toughest position to play nowadays. Deck stacked against them.  

This is the year for Doc. Year 3. Should be healthy. Put it all together young man. Lets go.

7 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Well....Thank Christ we now have a real gunslinger in...<checks roster>

Ooooohhhhh, right.

Fair point in general about Smith, but I think he's more adaptable than Kirk and we know he's better at improvising so maybe with a guy like Doctson he'll be more willing to take those shots. That definitely seemed to be one of Gruden's big gripes with Kirk...how rigid he was and how he didn't like doing plays unless he felt that they were 100% perfect (I'm paraphrasing but that came from a Gruden quote...he chucked about it a bit but you could kinda tell it was a 'joking, not joking' comment).

I guess we'll just have to see. But I have no clue how long it would have taken Kirk to get comfortable with him. I watched All-22 of some games last year because I was wondering why Doctson wasn't targeted more...maybe he wasn't getting open? Maybe he just wasn't in the play's design? Those two happened sometimes but there were also plenty of times where Doctson had a few steps on his guy (especially on deeper plays like deep posts, fly routes, etc) and Kirk looked to him but then quickly went to another target who was more open but it was for a much smaller gain.

Again, we'll just have to see what happens.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Currently in a Twitter argument with somebody who thinks Josh Doctson has been a “bust” so far. I hate idiots....

Uh, I suppose it's too early to call him a bust, but if the guy added the "so far" caveat, it's tough to disagree. I'd also be lying if I said I wasn't worried about an MRI being needed before camp starts...

I’m hoping that,with Smith throwing him the balls now it’s what he’ll need to get it going!!..hopefully that with a different arm getting him the ball paired with Smiths experience it turns on the light switch 

11 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Not gonna needlessly worry if it's both "precautionary" and he's expected to begin practice in 2 days, when everyone else does.

But you would think there has to be a reason for it right?  What they don't trust him?  Why not give everybody a precautionary MRI?

1 hour ago, Vanguard said:

But you would think there has to be a reason for it right?  What they don't trust him?  Why not give everybody a precautionary MRI?

Yes there's a reason, but precautionary means it could be determined that it's not a "valid" reason (for lack of a better term).

Since we're talking about Doctson, it could be the most insignificant of reasons,

Maybe the staff is almost as fueled by paranoia as the fans.

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

I don't think an MRI qualifies as 'treatment' lol...

You’re right, i couldnt find the right word to use, but basically what i meant was how is his leg needing to be looked at already before practice has even happened. Treatment sounded like the closest word to what i was trying to get at.

15 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

You’re right, i couldnt find the right word to use, but basically what i meant was how is his leg needing to be looked at already before practice has even happened. Treatment sounded like the closest word to what i was trying to get at.

It's probably not that unusual for players to get hurt outside of official practices.

Especially, certain players.

Hard to still be excited or optimistic with him. I’m hanging on a thread with cautious optimism. I don’t think he will ever turn out to be an elite #1 at this point. I see his ceiling being Marvin Jones’ish. 

Hope Im wrong. I definitely hope we have a solid plan b this year for his position. If not I’m with bringing in Dez. Plays the same position and if not judged on the curve from when he was on the cusp of elite #1 I think he is still better than Josh at this point. 

14 minutes ago, EasternNCbywayofNOVA said:

Hope Im wrong. I definitely hope we have a solid plan b this year for his position. If not I’m with bringing in Dez. Plays the same position and if not judged on the curve from when he was on the cusp of elite #1 I think he is still better than Josh at this point. 

No more former Cowboys.  Please, please, please no more former Cowboys.  Especially not Dez, and his big mouth.

It gonna be interesting with Doc this season because if J Reed & CT are healthy for a majority of the season I think Doctson will have similar numbers to last season. I can also see another scenerio where Crowder is the leading receiver. At that point do you think the team should move on or should they continue to use Doctson as a Marvin Jones type WR?  

I was also thinking about how some fans are ready to move on from Crowder. If that happens and Doctson doesn't work out,  this WR group may become one of the worst in the NFL very fast. 

8 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Uh, I suppose it's too early to call him a bust, but if the guy added the "so far" caveat, it's tough to disagree. I'd also be lying if I said I wasn't worried about an MRI being needed before camp starts...

The argument the guy is trying to make is that it’s been “two years”. When last year was essentially doctsons rookie year, in terms of having to learn the playbook. He’s not even taking into account that it takes some WRs 3 FULL seasons to actually show their full potential. 

The dude is a total joke. 

Archived