Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

8 hours ago, owa said:

I like the Taylor signing and hope he pans out.  On a different note, just discovered the ignore user feature and what a godsend!  It is awesome that they let you specify what to ignore also (something I haven't seen on other forums yet).

Edit: A negative nancy...boom...gone!  Love it!

The sinnaclism in this thread is becoming a beaut day by day I LOVE IT ! ?

22 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

To be fair, the Cousins part wouldn't be THAT surprising to people in 2012, but that's because people thought he would be flipped for draft picks.

If just saying "Cousins ends up with the Vikings", you're right.

it's the explaining HOW he ended up with the Vikings that would be hard to explain to someone back then lol...

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

Saw this tweet and cracked up lol...

Hines @HinesmanTrophy

Imagine trying to explain this to someone in Washington in 2012. #RedskinsTalk #Redskins

Training Camp hasn't even started. Heck, OTA's havn't even started, so it could be a little early to call RG3 a Raven, especially with his history.

On another topic, with several weeks of daily fan inquiries of "Any word on Hankins yet", almost beginning to wonder if this guy deserves his own thread : "The Hankins Watch".

5 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I don't see how our OL is currently a disaster, some make it out to be.

Currently 4 out of 5 of our OL are either studs or above average.

Obviously our LG position is not, but even if our LG is average, or a little below average, it's still a very good OL.

I'm not saying we should not try to improve the position. Of course we should look for a really good LG. I'm just saying the overall OL is not a train wreck that some people describe it as.

I am not saying our OL is a disaster. I just don't get taking a RB at that position though. Maybe he will get couple of more yards. You really need an impact player at that pick. So is a RB at #13 impact player that will get us 3 or 4 more wins? Are we looking at Zeke Elliott and thinking what if? 

This is why a DL make more sense to me. 

49 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Training Camp hasn't even started. Heck, OTA's havn't even started, so it could be a little early to call RG3 a Raven, especially with his history.

It was less about whether or not he makes the Ravens' roster than it was about him no longer being with the Redskins.

14 hours ago, dyst said:

But don't you want to sign players that are MORE likely to stay healthy and actually contribute while possibly helping this team win? 

No doubt, but we haven't found one of these guys, let alone a backup so there's that. I can only think of Knighton and Neild who were true NT's since we went to the 3-4. So if he can stay healthy and make the team there is some value there and a good story. Seems pretty unlikely though. 

8 hours ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

I'd be excited with Guice, but I hope we draft Sony Michel.....

Personally, I would love it if Nick Chubb fell to pick 44. IMO, that would be the absolute best value for the Skins.

Still think Chubb is being highly overlooked. I have him essentially tied with Guice on my board. Sure, he had a major injury, but he is now 2 years removed, and looking close to the guy blew up SPARQ scores and was a freshman sensation. Chubb is bigger, stronger, and faster than Michel, runs with a much lower pad angle, and has better vision and burst than Michel, IMO. Thinking he could be a steal in the mid second round, if he falls like some have projected.

17 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

Personally, I would love it if Nick Chubb fell to pick 44. IMO, that would be the absolute best value for the Skins.

Still think Chubb is being highly overlooked. I have him essentially tied with Guice on my board. Sure, he had a major injury, but he is now 2 years removed, and looking close to the guy blew up SPARQ scores and was a freshman sensation. Chubb is bigger, stronger, and faster than Michel, runs with a much lower pad angle, and has better vision and burst than Michel, IMO. Thinking he could be a steal in the mid second round, if he falls like some have projected.

Yeah, but if we draft Chubb, while having Fat Rob on our team we might have to cut Chris Thompson in order to sign a third down back named Tubby.

56 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Yeah, but if we draft Chubb, while having Fat Rob on our team we might have to cut Chris Thompson in order to sign a third down back named Tubby.

I really wonder what we're looking for in a back. We've drafted & signed a few backs over the years (Kelley, Thompson, Perine, Bibbs, Brown, Daniels, Marshall, Ogunbowale, Jones, Marshall, etc) .

They seem to be so many different styles. I'd think they were looking more for the Keith Marshall / Matt Jones style, a big back who's got some speed and can make guys miss. And I get that we didn't get all these guys on the same scale or at the same time, but how much do they look at vision and durability or pass catching? I thought Marshall (not the draft pick but the guy we picked up late this year) did a good job and later Bibbs did an even better job. But that's on a limited sample size and nobody really looked dominant.

I'm just afraid we're going to get another Kelley / Perine who will take the ball and run into a wall. I thought Bibbs (and earlier Brown) showed so much more in terms of making that first guy miss and the ability to catch passes. If we draft another 230 pound guy who runs into walls with the hopes that he'll run them over, I won't have much hope in terms of our running game this year.

5 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I really wonder what we're looking for in a back. We've drafted & signed a few backs over the years (Kelley, Thompson, Perine, Bibbs, Brown, Daniels, Marshall, Ogunbowale, Jones, Marshall, etc) .

Yeah, it seems to me that they have been drafting backs that run in opposition to their overall offensive theory. West Coast offenses are generally based off quickness. The backs we draft are three yards and a pile of dust guys. They lack speed, they lack quickness, but they do have power. If Jay really wants to run a pass heavy, play option based offense with runs thrown in to keep defenses honest... then you need more of a Marshall Faulk than you do a John Riggins.

I think ideally a back with good power, but demonstrates great shiftiness, speed, and hands is what we ought to look for. Instead, we seem to grab that guy with power and okay to no shiftiness, minimal speed, and questionable hands.

11 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I think ideally a back with good power, but demonstrates great shiftiness, speed, and hands is what we ought to look for. Instead, we seem to grab that guy with power and okay to no shiftiness, minimal speed, and questionable hands.

Exactly, I'd think we're looking for Thompson / Bibbs / Marshall. In some sense I'd think that Matt Jones was this, which may be why we were so aggressive in letting Morris go and giving the starting job to Jones. But Kelley and Perine are not this. And those are the last two guys we've had as the heavy hitters on offense. Will we draft another like this? I see the draft reports on guys and I can't tell the difference between them and what we have. K. Marshall was supposedly all of the above in terms of size, pass catching and speed (4.3 40 yard dash). I compare that to Perine's 4.65 40 time and I wonder where some of the top draft prospects or top free agent running backs line up.

I honestly am not excited about many of the big names in either group and wonder if we still have Keith Marshall and if there's any chance of him winning our RB role this year.

11 hours ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

If we trade back, yes. But #13 is too high for Guice. Michel could be had in the 2nd or 3rd(which we don't have) round. Besides base on previous reports, Gruden is not going hard for a rb in the early rounds. 

7 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Make sense? For who, the Redskins? Base on history its more likely we would give up a 2nd pick and another conditional second pick to get a guy like Howard. We always get the rip-off in deals like this. I'll pass!!!!

2 hours ago, Burgold said:

Yeah, it seems to me that they have been drafting backs that run in opposition to their overall offensive theory. West Coast offenses are generally based off quickness. The backs we draft are three yards and a pile of dust guys. They lack speed, they lack quickness, but they do have power. If Jay really wants to run a pass heavy, play option based offense with runs thrown in to keep defenses honest... then you need more of a Marshall Faulk than you do a John Riggins.

Agree. At this point just draft someone that is “good”. I don’t care about measurables. Speed and shiftiness is preferred. Speed kills in this league.

12 hours ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

I think both players represent the same thing, being an effort to have a better running game. I'd be happy with either pick. 

8 minutes ago, pjfootballer said:

Agree. At this point just draft someone that is “good”. I don’t care about measurables. Speed and shiftiness is preferred. Speed kills in this league.

We have speed and shiftiness in Chris Thompson.

Fat Rob is the guy Jay likes because he has great vision and he is quick and elusive in the hole.  His only issue is that he lacks power to finish runs and he can't catch out of the backfield.  Jordan Howard has all the skills Fat Rob has, plus the catching ability, power to finish runs and quite a bit more speed.

It looks like the Bear and Skins have two 4th round picks.  They don't have a 3rd round pick so I would assume they are seeking a 3rd.  But surrendering one of our 4th round picks and swapping our second 4th round pick with their second 4th round pick should get it done. 

Archived