Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

No doubting the guys talent. There is also no doubting the guys baggage. He is due 8.4 million this year and has already said he wont step onto another football field with out a new deal. What do you think is gonna happen with his next contract? Two years in you will be facing the exact same thing over again.

Exactly what I meant in my earlier post..great talent,just too much extra crap that comes with it..dont tell me it’s just passion-he’s a drama queen period!!..if games,plays,now contracts don’t go his way then watch out!!..Here comes the tantrums!!..

O'Dell is coming off an injury so there is that, he is also a basket case and to clarify has said he wants to be the highest paid player in football, not the highest paid WR, the highest paid player.  The best thing that could happen to us is for him to stay on the Giants and get that fat contract because it will cripple them for years to come. 

1 hour ago, Mr.Will said:

The writing is on the wall..Hank ain’t singing here,hate to let all those down who post every 15 mins asking for updates but if the man was gonna sign here,he would have last season-or would’ve already put the pen to paper the other day when he was here.

But you could say the same thing about all the other teams he has not signed with. Which would be every other team in the league.

Not to mention, McPhee initially left town without signing a deal, too.

45 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Since when are the Giants in on Suh?   The Giants from what I recall have now signed 12 FAs and are right against the cap.  The have the top run stuffer in the league in Harrison and an up and coming run stuffing stud in Tomlison.  They are looking for more?

Team to watch is Titans if they lose out on Suh, I think.

27 minutes ago, Dexter said:

I would give up our 1st round pick for O'dell if we could assure he would sign a long term deal.  He is an unbelievable football player and there's not arguing that.

Oh **** imagine him and Smith...ya I'd definitely love his talent on this team..if that means having to have Odell Beckham than f it I'll take it.. 

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

JP Finlay on just now.  He goes he had some hope about Hankins getting done initially.  But the vibe he gets is that its not happening with Hankins.   He didn't really specify though if that's from what he hears or just his gut feeling.

Been feeling that ever since he left DC from his visit.  Then again we are talking about JP Finley:

Team source tells me #Redskins “trying hard” to get deal done with Johnathan Hankins. Pernell McPhee a secondary option.

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

JP Finlay on just now.  He goes he had some hope about Hankins getting done initially.  But the vibe he gets is that its not happening with Hankins.   He didn't really specify though if that's from what he hears or just his gut feeling.

To me its simple. Everything comes down to numbers. Not enough spots for McPhee and Hankins unless they are going to cut two players, and not enough money to sign both guys.

Said it this weekend once the rumor started that McPhee was joining the team. Hankins is gone, forgetaboutit. No way in hell they sign Hankins and McPhee. It was one or the other all along.

5 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I dunno, but I can tell you that child care out in the burbs near Redskins Park isn't remotely cheap.  Especially where the 'Skins players like to live...  :)  (Economies are smart that way, they know where the money is, and services surrounding those communities are more expensive...)

Yeah I was kinda thinking it was that way, so it's based on Metro areas, not the cities in general....

2 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

To me its simple. Everything comes down to numbers. Not enough spots for McPhee and Hankins unless they are going to cut two players, and not enough money to sign both guys.

Said it this weekend once the rumor started that McPhee was joining the team. Hankins is gone, forgetaboutit. No way in hell they sign Hankins and McPhee. It was one or the other all along.

We have plenty of cuttable players though.  The DL has about 3 of 'em all by itself.

21 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Eh, probably just cuz Hankins isn't in a hurry.  Has everybody thinking he's out. 

I dont think it's much less likely today than it was when he left. As long as they stay strongly in the mix, I give it a 60/40 shot, 50/50 at worst.  I probably had it 70/30 when he was in the building.  

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:
JP FinlayVerified account @JPFinlayNBCS
FollowingFollowing @JPFinlayNBCS
More

Pernell McPhee expected to finalize deal with #Redskins today, per sources. Outside linebacker will help in pass rush and set run edge.

Great, I'd be happy with that. I think the next ES drama is just around the corner when the terms of his deal are announced. I'm gonna take a guess he is going to be well paid....

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Great, I'd be happy with that. I think the next ES drama is just around the corner when the terms of his deal are announced. I'm gonna take a guess he is going to be well paid....

Believe they were going to pay McPhee the same as Galette or close to it, 74.

11 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

There clearly is a place for both. My guess is that Poston is/was using us for leverage. I hope I'm wrong.

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

There clearly is a place for both. My guess is that Poston is/was using us for leverage. I hope I'm wrong.

Yeah, I don't see why a linebacker signing would impact a dlineman signing unless it made us run out of money which I don't think is the case.

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Believe they were going to pay McPhee the same as Galette or close to it, 74.

Id be surprised if it's less that 5mil per year.

5 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

There's 2 Big Macs on the DL we could cut and save some money.

And Hood being cut saves money.

4 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

There's 2 Big Macs on the DL we could cut and save some money.

One Big Mac is probably worth keeping though. He played pretty well. The other... well, it's always possible it takes two years for a free agent to acclimate to a new system, but the jury's out on him.

34 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Oh that ship definitely sailed.  Skins look to have boxed themselves into a corner with their 1st round pick.  Almost has to be Vea or Payne at this point.

Not a favorable position to be in.

6 minutes ago, LightningBuggs said:

Oh that ship definitely sailed.  Skins look to have boxed themselves into a corner with their 1st round pick.  Almost has to be Vea or Payne at this point.

Not a favorable position to be in.

Nah, there are other options.  Lot's of good stuff out there on Tim Settle, BJ Hill and Foley Fatusaki that are later round picks.  They'll figure the position out.

8 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I'm thinking between 2 to 3 mill on a 2 year deal.  We'll see. :)

Go on then I will say 3 year 15 mil max contract value. Will see which one of us is way off base :rofl89:

Wonder when the Browns will trade for Beckham then. Couple of high second rounders.

27 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

Actually that was one angle Finlay didn't hit -- he talked about them being room to sign another D lineman.  The vibe he gave was that the negotiation lost momentum. He didn't say it wasn't happening but he more or less said he doesn't have a good feeling that it does.

Archived