Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2018 Thread (An Adult Finally Has the Gavel)

PleaseBlitz

4 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Romney announced for the Senate today.

R-Money would be fine in the Senate.   This is Utah - they ain't electing any Elizabeth Warren's out there.  Romney has decorum and isn't a lunatic extremist.  That's the most we can ask for from the GOP these days.  

22 minutes ago, Predicto said:

R-Money would be fine in the Senate.   This is Utah - they ain't electing any Elizabeth Warren's out there.  Romney has decorum and isn't a lunatic extremist.  That's the most we can ask for from the GOP these days.  

The narrative will be something like “well if Mitt is okay with it, it must be okay.”

”It” this week is the POTUS extramarital relationship with Karen MacDougsl. “It” will be some new bull**** every week. 

Better to have the corpse of Orrin Hatch. 

Sacksonville‏ @JohnEkdahl Feb 16

More

2012: Romney literally gave people cancer.

2016: I sure do miss the quiet respectable Republican politicians like Romney

2018: Look at this inbred hick driving a pickup running for the senate.

10 replies183 retweets503 likes

:ols:

Pennsylvania Supreme Court released the new redistricted maps for 2018 today. Completely gets rid of the GOP gerrymander. Right now the Penn House delegation is 13 GOP - 5 Dems, but in the 2018 election it's very possible that it flips 12-6 Dems. 

It also puts the # of Clinton voting districts in GOP control at 25, which is enough to flip the House if they vote for Dem House candidates.

55 minutes ago, visionary said:

Looks like it followed county lines as much as possible.  Which to me seems like a much better way to go.  One of the things I notice that says "gerrymandering", to me, is districts that have complex boundaries.  (Because I assume that said complex boundary was deliberately chosen.)  

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

What is the actual argument by the PA GOP about the new map? That it isn't gerrymandered enough in their favor?

I think that the Legislature alone has the authority to draw the maps.  If the Courts new map creates a 12-6 Dem delegation, and the votes dont match that percentage, will the GOP have the same argument to make that the Dems are using now?   

Either way, the SCOTUS is going to rule on this issue before the next election.  

8 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

That's essentially what they will be deciding.  Is it legal to draw lines based on political parties.  

They already essentially affirmed that was OK fwicr, it just can't be too far.

where the line is in dispute, not the lines existence in favor of one party.

46 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

What is the actual argument by the PA GOP about the new map? That it isn't gerrymandered enough in their favor?

CNN is reporting in that drawing a "fair" map some decisions had to be made.  In the court's map, every one of those decisions appear to have favored the Democrats.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/20/politics/pennsylvania-map-q-and-a/index.html

Based on CNN's reporting, their court has drawn a better map, but it is still partisan.

Archived