Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2018 Thread (An Adult Finally Has the Gavel)

PleaseBlitz

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

McSally in her heart a decent person, and even though she tried Trump tactics, probably has had enough of those shenanigans. Remaining silent is a good thing.

Perhaps, but also there may be more of a chance she gets appointed to McCain's seat after Kyle re-retires if she doesn't piss off Cindy McCain and keeps in line with the governor who called for all legal votes to be counted.  

7 hours ago, visionary said:

Perhaps, but also there may be more of a chance she gets appointed to McCain's seat after Kyle re-retires if she doesn't piss off Cindy McCain and keeps in line with the governor who called for all legal votes to be counted.  

This seems like a bad move to me. The governor would be directly going against the will of the voters to install someone that they just rejected. It's what people hate about politics. Makes it feel like the voters didn't matter.

1 minute ago, Cooked Crack said:

This seems like a bad move to me. The governor would be directly going against the will of the voters to install someone that they just rejected. It's what people hate about politics. Makes it feel like the voters didn't matter.

uhhh, they really don't, hadn't you noticed? They make the voters they want voting "feel it", the rest? naww, not so much.......

And when Carl Hiaasen speaks, I listen.......

Whenever you see the words “Florida” and “recount” in the same headline, it’s time to start self-medicating — and cover your chads.

https://www.miamiherald.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/carl-hiaasen/article221439400.html?fbclid=IwAR2_CH5YoRAiplbeaQv7XeOdcxFXgcrivPU3RMInjhAJTpHRqnPJ68AMDCY

Always been an avid observer of US politics and I called Obama as a future president in 2006 - before he even announced he was running... I'm calling it now - Beto will take the Whitehouse within the next 10 years.

Interested to hear the American opinion on him though, as I'm playing Nostradamus from 5000 miles away.

Do you think he could win the 2020 Dem nomination? Do you think he could win the presidency?

5 hours ago, UKskins said:

Always been an avid observer of US politics and I called Obama as a future president in 2006 - before he even announced he was running... I'm calling it now - Beto will take the Whitehouse within the next 10 years.

Interested to hear the American opinion on him though, as I'm playing Nostradamus from 5000 miles away.

Do you think he could win the 2020 Dem nomination? Do you think he could win the presidency?

No clue.  I'd prefer some more experience. We've already tried that with Obama and much of what Obama did has been undone by his successor.  

The best thing would be someone with experience as the nominee for 2020 and Beto or someone like him, the veep-nominee. Groomed to take over in 2024 or 2028. If the nominee is Joe Biden/ Bernie Sanders or even Elizabeth Warren; they should only be a one termer and then have their younger veep run in 2024.

Whoever is running next year, should have already made up their minds to run. Beto did well in Texas but how would play elsewhere and against other Democrats with similar ambitions?

So what is the proper solution to those 225 Broward ballots that were contaminated by the Broward Election Supervisor? (Still don't understand how she is/was still in that position after previous problems). It is known that she mixed 20 invalid votes in with 205 valid ones. Dems are arguing all have to be counted now to protect the 205 valid votes and Repubs want all thrown out.  Frankly not really sure if anything fair can be done in this particular case (Hope they don't find too many other issues she caused).

Archived