Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2018 Thread (An Adult Finally Has the Gavel)

PleaseBlitz

And have we mentioned that she smiled and danced, too?  

(Right now, I'm having trouble thinking of anything that would be worse for the GOP than three attacks against her a week, featuring a teenaged AOC smiling and dancing, I sure wouldn't want the icons for the two sides to consist of a grinning, cute, dancing teenager, and two bald guys in suits glaring at the video and scowling). 

Damn, isn't there anyone left on the right that can see just how insanely bad this whole scheme to disparage AOC is working?.....and why am I even asking that.....

Here's my take, AOC is just one voice among many, kinda cute, charismatic and personable and getting a ton of attention. This serves to be a lightning rod for the rest of the incoming class, bolsters them by seeing someone take every shot and turn it back on the attacker, and encourage her type of demographic and supporter to stay engaged and imagine that they too might have a voice in things. All good stuff at this point. When I hear people saying AOC for Pres, even jokingly, I roll my eyes so hard they about pop right out my head, but at this point she is winning so hard she may hurt herself. I am so looking forward to the next pearl-clutching revelation about her drawing hearts on a bookcover in third grade or missing a pinata at a birthday party.

9 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Can anyone verify if this is a true post or not?  Need to make people feel dumb on FB.

https://www.politifact.com/facebook-fact-checks/statements/2019/jan/09/blog-posting/no-rashida-tlaib-did-not-tweet-about-raping-and-pi/

send them this too https://m.facebook.com/help/spotfalsenews?_rdr

optionally, you could choose to let them know they are braindead lemmings.

Republican Dorrie O’Brien is leading a group of colleagues in an attempt to unseat Shahid Shafi, a trauma surgeon in Forth Worth, the largest city in Tarrant County.

“We don’t think he’s suitable as a practicing Muslim to be vice chair because he’d be the representative for ALL Republicans in Tarrant County, and not ALL Republicans in Tarrant County think Islam is safe or acceptable in the U.S.,” O’Brien wrote in a Facebook post.

Way to send this guy back to Congress, Iowa.

Sorry, but Ocasio-Cortez is the left-wing version of Sarah Palin. Photogenic, flirtatious, and terrific at cheerleading the favorite slogans of the hardcore ideologues, but with no understanding or grasp of policies. Just as with Palin, anyone who points out that she's clueless with the intellectual depth of a post-it note gets slammed as misogynist, intolerant, etc., as people who espouse her views will vehemently insist she is being unfairly maligned.  I will at least give her credit for not being the horrible human being and hypocrite that Palin is, but she's still dumber than a bag of rocks...though probably still not as stupid as our GOP President.

8 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Sorry, but Ocasio-Cortez is the left-wing version of Sarah Palin. Photogenic, flirtatious, and terrific at cheerleading the favorite slogans of the hardcore ideologues, but with no understanding or grasp of policies. Just as with Palin, anyone who points out that she's clueless with the intellectual depth of a post-it note gets slammed as misogynist, intolerant, etc., as people who espouse her views will vehemently insist she is being unfairly maligned.  I will at least give her credit for not being the horrible human being and hypocrite that Palin is, but she's still dumber than a bag of rocks...though probably still not as stupid as our GOP President.

This is probably not your best take

9 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

This is probably not your best take

I realize it will anger many on this site,  but it's my honest assessment. I don't think anyone who knows my history here would accuse me of being a partisan hack - I am critical of both parties, though my greatest ire has certainly been directed at the odious policies of the current GOP.

Archived