Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2018 Thread (An Adult Finally Has the Gavel)

PleaseBlitz

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/midterm-exit-polls-2018-n932516

The president’s handling of the issue divided voters relatively closely, with 48 percent calling them too tough, 16 percent saying they weren’t tough enough, and 32 percent saying they were just right.

In an unusual break from recent history, only 21 percent naming it as their leading concern. It was the first time in more than a decade that a plurality of voters had not named it their number one issue in exit polling and comes after weeks of positive headlines on job and wage growth.

This is not good. The left has hammered on Trump's immigration moves as being anti-american, racist, etc. It's been their #1 rallying cry.

Only 48% of people who voted (the only people that matter) agreed with them. That's not good for the left. They not only disagree with you about it being bad, many of them don't even think it is the #1 issue.

5 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Rural voters obviously had access to a Minority Report precog in 2016 and made the decision to vote for an obvious conman based on seeing into the future and knowing that a handful of people on ES would rightfully insult them after they demonstrated how (insert any synonym for “easily misled” that you like) they are

It’s funny but you obviously don’t believe rural voters are only insulted in ES, and only after Trump won

the mentality of liberals looking down on conservatives is not new nor unknown. 

And conservatives look down on liberals - but we don’t see them confused about why liberals don’t vote for them :)

and i I look down on everyone but I don’t need support from anyone. Especially lessers. ;) 

7 minutes ago, tshile said:

This is not good. The left has hammered on Trump's immigration moves as being anti-american, racist, etc. It's been their #1 rallying cry.

Only 48% of people who voted (the only people that matter) agreed with them. That's not good for the left. They not only disagree with you about it being bad, many of them don't even think it is the #1 issue.

Let me get this straight...You sat up there in Loudoun and watched Corey Stewart run a zillion TV ads about MS-13 and “Terrorist High”

and decided that Dems made immigration their “#1 rallying cry”?

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Let me get this straight...You sat up there in Loudoun and watched Corey Stewart run a zillion TV ads about MS-13 and “Terrorist High”

I don’t live in Loudoun. 

I didn’t watch any political ads. 

I’m basing it on everything I read, and the people I know. Including what I read here. 

Yeah, the left made immigration issues a pretty big rallying cry from what I saw. 

And the result is only 48% of people think they’re right about the policies, and only 21% thought the overall issue was the most important one. 

12 minutes ago, tshile said:

#1 rallying cry was healthcare, and by a huge margin.  Dems hammered healthcare so much that Republicans had to make untruthful ads saying that they were for Obamacare.  

57 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

The left needs to accept and then figure out how to change this fact-  There is a huge percentage of people who hate their ****ing guts for no good reason.  But they still hate them.  Bill Maher is one of the few people on the left trying to get this point across.

I understand the problem but I dont understand how you fix it. If there is no good reason to hate the Dems then how to you change that? 

I honestly dont think those people are worth the time. You can beat them by moving more center and getting their friends. 

The way our political system was set up was the Senate gave a more equal voice to less populous states and the house made sure that the voices of the total population would be taken into account also.  The issue is we don't expand the house any longer.  So that means electoral votes are static and not increasing in total.  It used to be common to expand the house as the population expanded.  That has been stopped.  So now you end up with a state like Wyoming with a population of 580,000 having the same number of senators as CA which has 40,000,000 people.  This was as the framers intended, however the congressional districts have not grown to account for the population increases so the masses also get correct representation.  

Basically put, we are giving a relatively small number of people a LARGE say in the direction of our country.  All because we won't expand our house, which would also create more electoral votes.  

It's hard to get a good read on a certain portion of Trump supporters because when pressed, even they seem to believe half the stuff he says is nonsense, but ultimately feel he is Team (R) so he retains their support regardless.  So on something like immigration, you have the racist types who are voting for Trump because they think he is actually sending the military to go mow down the caravan, then you have the other Trump supporters who think he is full of it, but at the same time don't care because "Republicans good, Dems bad"

3 minutes ago, HOF44 said:

The way our political system was set up was the Senate gave a more equal voice to less populous states and the house made sure that the voices of the total population would be taken into account also.  The issue is we don't expand the house any longer.  So that means electoral votes are static and not increasing in total.  It used to be common to expand the house as the population expanded.  That has been stopped.  So now you end up with a state like Wyoming with a population of 580,000 having the same number of senators as CA which has 40,000,000 people.  This was as the framers intended, however the congressional districts have not grown to account for the population increases so the masses also get correct representation.  

Basically put, we are giving a relatively small number of people a LARGE say in the direction of our country.  All because we won't expand our house, which would also create more electoral votes.  

Actually, when was the last time we expanded?  When we added Hawaii and Alaska but that was only adding those 2 states. Adding for population increases, probably been since the early 1900's??

4 minutes ago, HOF44 said:

I've been preaching this for years.  Quadruple the house.  It solves almost all of the nations political problems.

7 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Republican president sent 15k soldiers to the boarder but it's a dem rallying cry. 

Oh and all those Republicans being worried about the caravans and those unknown middle easterners all over Fox news and from the white house Twitter apparatus. 

But it's totally the DEMS big talking point. 

1 hour ago, tshile said:

Btw I prefer liberal northern va to rural Va. rural VA ****ing sucks. Loudoun is awesome. 

1 hour ago, tshile said:

for where I live, which is hardly representative of all of rural VA, I just live on the outskirts of Northern VA.

I love NoVA. Loudoun particularly.

4 minutes ago, tshile said:

I don’t live in Loudoun. 

I didn’t watch any political ads. 

I’m basing it on everything I read, and the people I know. Including what I read here. 

Yeah, the left made immigration issues a pretty big rallying cry from what I saw. 

And the result is only 48% of people think they’re right about the policies, and only 21% thought the overall issue was the most important one. 

You’re a very silly young man.  But it’ll get better as you age. You have the tools, just need the will.

And you absolutely watched political ads.  Cause they were everywhere.  Nobody’s buying that.

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Pelosi will get Speaker again but I hope like hell they groom Joe Kennedy and other younger members to take over in the near future. She's an effective leader but she's also to easilyy a target for GOP campaigns.

That's insane. She hurts the Dems as much as she helps them now. If people in rural whatever know who she is from the ads that say "This Dem will bring your Pelosi taxes and liberal whatever", and it appears to work for the 3rd cycle in a row. Why would it not be the same in 2 years?

100% do not support her being the speaker.

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

You’re a very silly young man.  But it’ll get better as you age. You have the tools, just need the will.

And you absolutely watched political ads.  Cause they were everywhere.  Nobody’s buying that.

I had a kid recently. I haven’t watched any tv. I’m building a new house and because Comcast is incompetent they cut my service off as part of their build out. Multiple time. 

I know you think you’re all smart and clever but you simply don’t know what you don’t know. Doesn’t stop you from pretending. 

1 minute ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

That's insane. She hurts the Dems as much as she helps them now. If people in rural whatever know who she is from the ads that say "This Dem will bring your Pelosi taxes and liberal whatever", and it appears to work for the 3rd cycle in a row. Why would it not be the same in 2 years?

100% do not support her being the speaker.

Even if she's not Speaker, nothing is going to prevent people on the right from saying the exact same thing about Pelosi, and also about the new Speaker.  Why let the opposing side make your choices for you?  And i say that as someone who is agnostic about Pelosi.  

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

That proves my point.

You do not have to go to those people with a moderate message. Goto those people and talk about improving their lives. Talk about building green factories and building hospitals, drug treatment centers, guaranteed wages, etc. National Dems problem is they think pushing the same candidates in those parts of the country over and over again is going to win and it hasn't. 

Dems figured out how to focus on local issues in the suburbs, even if rural is so different then usually deal, it's the only formula that will work.  If they dont focus on the issues this will stay personal forever.

4 minutes ago, tshile said:

I had a kid recently. I haven’t watched any tv. I’m building a new house and because Comcast is incompetent they cut my service off as part of their build out. Multiple time. 

I know you think you’re all smart and clever but you simply don’t know what you don’t know. Doesn’t stop you from pretending. 

Congrats on the new baby!

9 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

The left wing media sites talked much more about Trump and his claims about the caravan then they did about candidates running on healthcare.  The disconnect is real.  

The narrative from the left after the election is weird. 

Im way more on their side than the right, at the moment. But they’re being delusional about a few things. 

10 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Even if she's not Speaker, nothing is going to prevent people on the right from saying the exact same thing about Pelosi, and also about the new Speaker.  Why let the opposing side make your choices for you?  And i say that as someone who is agnostic about Pelosi.  

The real 400 iq plan is have her announce she's not seeking re-election next marchish and hand over the speakership at that time.

Oops, no naughty Nancy to kick around anymore.

Edit: I meant March 2020 not March 2019.  If she was gonna step back that early she should have done it this year.

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Dems figured out how to focus on local issues in the suburbs, even if rural is so different then usually deal, it's the only formula that will work.  If they dont focus on the issues this will stay personal forever.

exactly

You can go left by being left for that community and tailoring a leftist message that caters them. Its not hard. Dems are so comfortable with being scared of right-wing and extremists.

3 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I agree with this. The right will absolutely use the same playbook. Problem is Pelosi is 80 years old. Also she usually seems out of touch and at times says completely dumb ****. Like last night at her rally she mispoke n cheered on pre existing conditions. 

Pelosi has had her time imo. Now let someone else have theirs.

Archived