Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: Redskins at Chargers

TK

1 minute ago, Travdaskin said:

Why McDaniels? I've seen his name brought up a few times which is why I ask. I'm tired of us having offensive coaches besides Gibbs of course. I think we desperately need a hard nosed defensive minded HC to at least get this defense respectable. We can't win without it. The passion on this squad and overall intensity is nonexistent for the most part. 

Because the system, from offense to defense, will not keep changing even  if any of the coordinators get fired.  There will be more consistency. So Josh mcD will bring not just an offensive system, but also a defensive system that New England runs.  

2 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

Buffalo currently has a winning record and are in the hunt to secure a playoff spot.

We were in the hunt a week ago. lol  

And it's where they finish is what counts, and I'd bet they miss the playoffs again.  Currently having a wining record (barely) doesnt erase the previous decade-plus of not making it.

I picked the Skins to win this game based on how the Browns played the Chargers last week.  Now I realize right now the Browns are a better team.  If the Skins played the Browns next week the Browns would win.  Even with Kizer making boneheaded plays like he did against the Packers today, the Browns would still beat the Skins.  That’s how bad it is right now.  Gruden, Allen and Williams should not be safe.

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

They do.  Which is why we have won 5 games. 

most of the five games we've won were before the injuries began in force.  That means he has not elevated the backups that were forced to play

7 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

Because the system, from offense to defense, will not keep changing even  if any of the coordinators get fired.  There will be more consistency. So Josh mcD will bring not just an offensive system, but also a defensive system that New England runs.  

The only move that makes sense if we choose to blow it up is hiring a credible GM and letting him create a plan to succeed.  One that includes hiring his own coaching staff.  Preferably one that doesn't require turning over the entire roster because they don't fit the new coaches system.  

Personally I think a season with this many injuries makes no sense to treat as a reason to go into a rebuild.  Get healthy, get better (via the draft), and see where you are.  I think this team is closer to being good when healthy, then they are to being bad enough to blow up.

Just now, carex said:

most of the five games we've won were before the injuries began in force.  That means he has not elevated the backups that were forced to play

If you think he’s part of the problem, then there’s no reason to continue to discuss.

we could have a discussion about value, is he worth 30 million?  I think he’s worth as much as Stafford and Carr but I can understand a counter argument.  

But it he’s not in the top 10 reasons the team has struggled this year...

11 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

It is a very good time to start rebuilding.  I would fire everybody and hire Josh McDaniels.  He would not hesitate to let the younger guys play.  He sucked at Denver, but at least that's what he did.  He probably learned a few things from that debacle.

His non-Brady coaching career has been rather pedestrian, to be kind.  There was Denver and then a season as OC and QB coach in St. Louis that wasnt good either.  

Archived