Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor Tribute Thread

LetThePointsSoar

2 hours ago, Dissident2 said:

Thank you, that means a ton! It helped me get through it, too. There were so many videos that were great, but they were just so gut-wrenchingly sad and depressing. Which obviously couldn't be helped. Not that this one is really cheerful, but I really wanted to do something that celebrated what the man did and that left some sort of positive feeling at the end. I remember that morning so well when it was announced that he'd died.  I went to bed hoping he'd be OK, as they were reporting that he was responding somewhat to the treatment and may be coming out of his coma. I was so shocked to hear that he'd died. I was also really surprised by how upset it made me.  Not that I wasn't going to be upset for the death of a fellow human being way too soon, but I didn't know the guy, had never met him. But man ... something about the way he played was just so inspiring and uplifting. So pure. He just had an aura about him on the field. To have him representing OUR team inspired so much pride. 

Anyway, I'm making myself veklempt now ... thanks for the kind words. :)

dude that's your video!?!?! I remember when I first watched it I was like omg this is amazing this guy has like stock practice footage in here, behind the scenes stuff. I liked it so much I freaking downloaded the song from it LOL skindred right??? can't believe whoever took it and put diff music to it. 

Thanks for posting man I'm gonna watch this 100x now and bookmark it lol.

5 hours ago, Dissident2 said:

Thanks!

Here's a link to a good quality version. I've seen other people upload it and change the music, which sucks, because even if you don't like the song, it was edited directly to the music. 

Anyway ... sad day. 

Wow I have been a huge fan of this video since you originally posted it! I have Skindred- Alright on my "workout playlist" and every time I hear it I think of Sean. Thank you for the quality work!

The guy was an absolute ball hawk and beast on the field.

What I wonder about is if he did attend the rookie symposium, would it have made an impact on him? 

To be totally honest, I don't think it would have.  And I'm not trying to sound like a dick or be cruel in any way, because it really saddened me to hear of his death on tv, but people like Sean are strong minded men, directive-driven, and at times feel impervious to the outside world's influence.

In pretty much every man's life, there is that one singular point in their life where it is a true crossing roads, a big choice in life than will eventually affect you one way or another without your control. Sean seemed like he found that point with the birth of his daughter, and it was the right choice.

The rookie symposiums are there for a reason; to help those who are about to enter a whole different world, and how to handle it; the ' do's and dont's ' in life, how distant family and friends will suddenly become self-appointed close friends, and the huge target that every player will have to wear. They show the players how to hide the target, how to reflect on your past and look to your future, and even how to remove the target.

Honestly, I don't give a **** if its a Dallas Cowboy player; I would expect that rookie to really listen and let it soak in to their heads, because what happened to Sean , I wouldn't wish that on anyone, not even a Cowboys player, and I hope that something like this never happens again.  Yea, I might be a bit naïve, but its my nature.

Even in Colin's comment, as coarse, and uninformed as it was, had a very real message, and some may take it as an attack on Sean, but in a way its a plea to other players entering the league to really take seriously what goes on in the RS, because life is unexpecting, every single moment of it.

I was watching his NFL films football life the other day just reminiscing.  It was on the part where Williams talks about how Sean had 2 ints vs Green Bay I think and could have had 4 or 5 had it not been raining that day. My buddy was watching with me and just seeing how much Sean would bait Fave to throw it and then be able to cover so much ground and pick it off .. he was like damn man that dude was amazing.  Of course I responded with I know ..first ballot hall of famer no question about it.  He truly was built for football as Gibbs said .. a man amongst boys. I miss watching him on Sunday's man he was truly the best.

This dude was like a LB that played safety, but could cover like a corner.  There wasnt anything he couldnt do on a football field.  And didnt he play some offense a few times?  

The mid-late 2000s was such a great period for safeties.  Taylor, Polamalu, Reed, Bob Sanders for a little while.  

I have yet to see a player of his caliber take the field...I mean, try to help me think of a safety since the beginning of the NFL that ...how to say? played just like Sean..maybe Steve A****er/Ronnie Lott..if ya morphed the two maybe..****ing bull **** that all we have is memories...here go again sorry...there's alot more meaning behind that Tattoo than hey this was my favorite redskin of all time..

Just an absolute freak of nature. As my screen name would suggest, dude was a warhead. Just absolute devastation. In that 07 season his game was really rounding into form too, wasn't just a hitter but was shutting down the entire deep section of the field with his coverage. I still remember the crazy coverages Gregg Williams would call with Taylor playing single high like 30 yards off the LoS and could still cover end to end. And his hard hits on the likes of Keyshawn and TO, made those guys crap their pants.

If he were still alive today...man we'd be talking about the end of a possible HOF career. He'd be 34 and still probably playing. Our D has never been the same since his passing. Such a tragedy.

I still think the best punishment for his murderers would have been to make them play scout team for us for a few years and let our players crush them over and over and over...

Even to this day, I have some anger at the Buffalo Bills for their first play from scrimmage when we put 10 players on the field.  It was a moment for healing and moving on, but the Bills seemed to gash it up the sideline on us.

Watching the play today, it doesn't seem as low-class as I recall, but still....

redskinstaylor10man.jpg

On 11/27/2017 at 4:33 PM, SeanTheHitmanTaylor said:

As you can see from my username, he was my favorite player. I went to the Bills game after he died. I will never forget the tribute video that played before the game with the Gladiator theme playing in the background. To this day, I get choked up whenever I hear that song.

RIP #21

I was at that game with my Dad.  I feel the exact same way when I hear the Gladiator song.  I swear there was not a dry eye that I could see in the stadium that day.  The 6'5" 250lb dude in the row in front of me had to sit down and put his head down because he was about to lose it.  That was a tough game all around.

But I'll never forget when Portis scored a TD and pull up his jersey to show his ST shirt underneath, and then he made the angel wings with his hands.  I was sitting only 3 rows away in that end zone and it was so awesome to be that close.  It was a special moment that I think about when ever Sean Taylor is mentioned.

10 hours ago, petey hodge said:

Even to this day, I have some anger at the Buffalo Bills for their first play from scrimmage when we put 10 players on the field.  It was a moment for healing and moving on, but the Bills seemed to gash it up the sideline on us.

Watching the play today, it doesn't seem as low-class as I recall, but still....

Yeah, I was hoping that maybe they could talk beforehand and agree to have a false start, we put Doughty on the field, and then we do an encroachment.  Nobody loses yards or downs.

But business is business and I think, now, that Sean would've been fine with how it went down.

Plus Doughty is/was awful and would've probably given up a touchdown had he been on the field, anyway.

Archived