Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

25 minutes ago, volsmet said:

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Dolphins' trade of DB Minkah Fitzpatrick is "likely to be wrapped up" at some point Tuesday.

Take it for what it's worth, but La Canfora mentions the Redskins, Cowboys, Chiefs, Steelers, Eagles, and Seahawks as teams buzzing on Fitzpatrick. JLC adds the Dolphins are expected to get a first-round pick back in return for the 22-year-old 2018 first-round pick. Fitzpatrick can definitely be a difference-making asset wherever he lands.

Sep 16, 2019, 8:02 PM ET

Well Dallas doesn't have a 1st so....

21 minutes ago, TK said:

Well Dallas doesn't have a 1st so....

They’re going to win the SB so their first is basically a 2nd?

302FE62C-3C0A-45CE-B7EA-4CDC18D36AB1.gif

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I got some serious mixed emotions about this.  On the draft thread that year I practically had a shrine going for Minkah 😀.    But I really really don't want to give up a first round pick for any dude including Minkah -- not this year.   If somehow Trent is involved and they give up nothing, then great. 

If Sip is happy, at least something in this cold cruel football world is going right. The Vols stink, the Skins are terrible, 

4CE61271-B8FA-4426-85C3-99A95B52DAA2.gif

28 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

You sure?  I know they didn't have a first last draft but as far as I recall they do have their 2020 first. 

Might have mixed the years up, but we are in on him. Haven’t confirmed that they’re hard after a 1st for him though. So there’s that. 

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Big Ben is out for the season with an elbow injury, they trade for a DB, I asked if he could play QB...

it wasn't a good joke, but it was a joke...

Indubitably; this falls into the category of communication breakdowns on the net.

FDD27872-B461-407B-868F-7CF6B95BA19F.gif

2 minutes ago, dyst said:

If we would have traded Trent for that rumored 1st, we would have had an extra 1st to trade for Minkah if we wanted. 

He may turn out to be worth a 1st or not, but you have to at least put yourself in position for the possibility, which trading Trent would have given us.

E690A85F-C52E-45CA-8705-82E245C38AAE.gif

If we would have traded Trent for that rumored 1st, we would have had an extra 1st to trade for Minkah if we wanted. 

He may turn out to be worth a 1st or not, but you have to at least put yourself in position for the possibility, which trading Trent would have given us.

What does it say about the Skins organization that two head coaches (McVay and Shanahan) were both assistants in DC before taking head coaching jobs and are both 2-0? McVay has even taken his team to the Super Bowl. It tells me that we had some serious coaching talent here that our GM let get away so he could keep Jay Gruden. 

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

What does it say about the Skins organization that two head coaches (McVay and Shanahan) were both assistants in DC before taking head coaching jobs and are both 2-0? McVay has even taken his team to the Super Bowl. It tells me that we had some serious coaching talent here that our GM let get away so he could keep Jay Gruden. 

Not that I believe Dan or Bruce are capable of identifying talent before it hatches, but with Kyle it was never going to happen for the sake of the RG3 war.  That bridge was burnt completely to ashes by midway 2013 if not earlier.

30 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

It also shows how much this organization, namely Bruce Allen, stifles winning and breeding a champion's mentality.  We had two great assistants that took over under-performing teams and got them on track right away.  I know some of Bruce's family members will say they had better talent on their teams to work with, but that goes to my point.

Archived