Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

Not only is he not fired...HIS ROLE IS EXPANDED.

tenor.gif?itemid=5334763

I'm not even mad, I just laugh. This organization is so completely out of touch and inept. Manusky will be retained because they can't convince anyone to come here. And how they are going about it is ridiculous...

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Basically Dan is just spitting in the fans faces again.  

Again implies he ever stopped.

Not a surprise that Bruce is staying put. I only watched a handful of games this past season as I opted to cancel Sunday ticket after having it for twenty something years. I also did not attend any games for the first time in in quite a while. Sadly I'm not planning to watch any games next season and I doubt any smoke and mirrors offseason will change that. The world won't end with my declaration to quit watching Skins games, and I could be wrong in my impressions, but I just can't get behind routing for a team that is owned and operated by 2 individuals that I consider to be bad people. 

They’ve literally taken on an us vs. them mentality against the fans.  I can see Bruce now in the conference room with Dan and Wiley, “We have to be a united front, show solidarity, and confirm that my role was never in question.” 🤣

This whole ordeal is like the twilight zone.  So Dan hired dudes to fix what Bruce broke, fires them, and puts Bruce back in charge of more stuff, when he’s shown no ability to succeed at either job.  

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Basically Dan is just spitting in the fans faces again.  

So the off season plan so far is this:

Fire Lafemina

Double down on Bruce and increase the scope of his power

Thus far not even a fun defensive coordinator hire (not that I personally cared much on this)

The special teams coach makes a lateral move to another team that isn't even that good

Rumors that their highest rep assistant coaches -- Callahan and Tomsula might want out

If this is their off season plan to rebuild some buzz and excitement with fans, then its making all these narratives of heavy drinking at Redskins Park even more believable. 

Listening to Keim on Sheehan's podcast, he said he heard that Bruce has known for quite some time that fans don't like him but he is confused about why.  Dan just recently got wind of the depth of the distaste for Bruce and was surprised by it.

Sheehan said he heard Bruce is finally going to break his long silence around Superbowl week and take questions from the press.

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listening to Keim on Sheehan's podcast, he said he heard that Bruce has known for quite some time that fans don't like him but he is confused about why.  Dan just recently got wind of the depth of the distaste for Bruce and was surprised by it.

Sheehan said he heard Bruce is finally going to break his long silence around Superbowl week and take questions from the press.

Cowboy, Eagles, and Giants fans are rejoicing at this news.  Lol.  What a dumpster fire.

The problem to Dan-Bruce is us.  We aren't supportive of a 7-9 team who would have easily gone 11-5 if they didn't have bad luck.  They'd probably be playing the LA Rams this weekend and beating them.  We will stew and complain but we will come around next year when they go 11-5.

I'd put money that's the narrative over there specific to the fans.

If we just looked at the last 4 years of the Redskins history we would have a much more positive take on this 7-9 season, the thought that a highly successful 11-5 division championship year was aborted by a horrific string of injuries would ring true.  Since we are all sick of Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen because of the previous 15-16 years of nonsense the claim that a great season was ruined by injuries is absurd.

5 minutes ago, Csup said:

Cowboy, Eagles, and Giants fans are rejoicing at this news.  Lol.  What a dumpster fire.

I doubt it. I moved to Dallas recently, and to my surprise..... they don't really care about the Redskins. Cowboy/Eagle/Giant fans in the DMV are aggravating, but after living in Jersey and Dallas for the past 10 years, I've learned that the Redskins are largely irrelevant to the hometown fans of our 'rivals'.

1 minute ago, Tay said:

I doubt it. I moved to Dallas recently, and to my surprise..... they don't really care about the Redskins. Cowboy/Eagle/Giant fans in the DMV are aggravating, but after living in Jersey and Dallas for the past 10 years, I've learned that the Redskins are largely irrelevant to the hometown fans of our 'rivals'.

This makes sense because the Skins haven't accomplished enough in the last 25 years to warrant enmity.

Freeman, national reporter.  Redskins going full local and national as a clown show.  Enough people who cover the team give the vibe that they are laughing at everyone who is laughing at them and thinking about how great the season is going to be and how all these critics are going to look like buffoons in 2019.

My only glimmer of optimism is I think they are poised for a bad season and the 2020 draft is the perfect draft to tank for.   Bruce and Dan looking like buffoons will be a nice bonus to this.  And every day I get more and more confident that they are working their way towards this. 😀  though maybe they will surprise me considering the off season is young but they are off to a rousing start for my tank for tua dream.

9 minutes ago, Tay said:

Were the new Cardinals of the NFC East

If looking at it objectively, Gruden is on his last year, the “star vets” (Williams, Kerrigan, Norman) are on last legs of prime level play and will be easy to get out of deals after next year, and roster is middle of the road.

Give it one last go, if team has similar success, then it makes sense financially and organizationally to rip the foundation out on all levels and rebuild. 

3 hours ago, kwitt said:

Per Kevin Sheehan source:

Bruce Allen isn't going anywhere.  Dan and Bruce are aware of #FireBruceAllen movement and do not care.   As always they are completely oblivious to the fact that they are a clown show tag team. 

Screw you Dan Snyder.  Enjoy your embarrassing home crowds next year. 

Why should the home crowd be embarrassing next year?

There should be NO home crowd...

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The problem to Dan-Bruce is us.  We aren't supportive of a 7-9 team who would have easily gone 11-5 if they didn't have bad luck.  They'd probably be playing the LA Rams this weekend and beating them.  We will stew and complain but we will come around next year when they go 11-5.

I'd put money that's the narrative over there specific to the fans.

They probably believe that winning cures all.

#FireBruceAllen too... Or almost, but it's way easier than the former, and way faster.

Do you think they're riding the narrative that Josh Johnson can win the SuperBowl?

36 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I would love for the reporters to call him "Bryce Allen" during the whole presser.

Or something like that...

Archived