Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

Just now, FrFan said:

We were so stupid we didn't tank in 2012 and paid a king's ransom to move up. I'm also concerned meddling Snyder would be enamored with the wrong QB (Sanchez, RG3, McNabb).

Oh ... you can take that to the bank! 

We will definitely do something stupid regarding the QB position that will hamper the team for years to come (as if the Smith contract wasn't enough). 

Doesn't really matter who the QB is, though. The organization is rotten to the core. No QB will succeed here until that is cleaned out.

5 hours ago, bird_1972 said:

Riggo, I am so in this camp. Also pulling for McVay.

I think the Browns could become my team if Snyder doesn't either sell or turn this ship around in 5 or so years. 

How sad is it that we're all getting to that point. 

I can't tell you how close I came to buying a Bears jersey last week. I've come to terms with the fact that I think I need a second favorite team to start enjoying football again until little Napoleon sells the team. 

27 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

How sad is it that we're all getting to that point. 

I can't tell you how close I came to buying a Bears jersey last week. I've come to terms with the fact that I think I need a second favorite team to start enjoying football again until little Napoleon sells the team. 

Maybe it is time for a “Second Team” sub-forum for Skins fans who want to place their devotion in escrow until Lord Farquaad is no longer owner, so they can enjoy football again. 

Maybe we are going about this all wrong.

Maybe we need to direct this angst to the league office in New York and let them see how it has affected all of us what these bumbling dumb ****s have done to our team. The only way to really draw attention to it is to make it national news.

After reading back in the thread about how the other owners dont really respect Snyder because he doesnt earn more money for them maybe making a plea to them would draw some league attention. Maybe making a plea something along the lines of bringing in new ownership will bring the fan base back and cause revenues to rise.

I would love it if Fred Smith got fed up and bought Snyder out. He would turn this team into a dynasty.

18 minutes ago, squatch66 said:

I would love it if Fred Smith got fed up and bought Snyder out. He would turn this team into a dynasty.

At least based on Chris Russell's narrative, its the minority owners just in general who have the best shot to knock sense into Dan.  One of his points was Dan really really likes Bruce but the minority owners not so much.   Wonder what's the easiest way to contact Fred Smith without going through Redskins Park.  

51 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Wonder what's the easiest way to contact Fred Smith without going through Redskins Park.  

I doubt you could ever reach him but you could try contacting him thru FedEx.

Hell, maybe if enough people did that then Fred would get pissed because it would affect his business.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

At least based on Chris Russell's narrative, its the minority owners just in general who have the best shot to knock sense into Dan.  One of his points was Dan really really likes Bruce but the minority owners not so much.   Wonder what's the easiest way to contact Fred Smith without going through Redskins Park.  

This was back in 2014.. Redskins part owner says he'll keep his opinion private, but that his company's stadium sponsorship deal is a good one.

i think it would be conflict of interest on his part to interfere because he is also the president of FedEx. 

10 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Got to thinking about this the other day... We may have had our chance to defeat the evil that is Bruce Allen and we missed it.  Think about it.  

Before the season, Dan did something he never does... he brought in an outsider in Brian Lafemina.   Lafemina came out and made it public that he was looking long term, he wanted to get REDSKINS fans back at Fedex, and he wanted to re-build the image of the team.  We started out 6-3 with some ugly wins, but a 'commanding' lead in the division none the less.  All I heard on local radio, was that the wins were 'boring' and 'not entertaining enough to get fans to the stadium.'  On here I heard more and more (and it's probably accurate) that it was a hollow 6-3 and that there wasn't really anything to be truly excited about (which was also apparently true).  

Dan zigged when he usually zags.  Had there been a REAL buzz about this team, with full stadiums at that point... I'd bet Dan see the optics differently and he realizes that Bruce's way isn't the best one.  We all said "NO" to supporting the team because we wanted Bruce out... when in reality had we supported the team MORE when Lafemina was putting his plan in place, it very well could have further painted the negative picture on Bruce, causing Dan to make a move.  Instead Lafemina's efforts were lost, and 5 mos later that project is ejected because it clearly appeared to not be working. 

Just a thought. 

19 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

Dan zigged when he usually zags.  Had there been a REAL buzz about this team, with full stadiums at that point... I'd bet Dan see the optics differently and he realizes that Bruce's way isn't the best one.  We all said "NO" to supporting the team because we wanted Bruce out... when in reality had we supported the team MORE when Lafemina was putting his plan in place, it very well could have further painted the negative picture on Bruce, causing Dan to make a move.  Instead Lafemina's efforts were lost, and 5 mos later that project is ejected because it clearly appeared to not be working. 

Just a thought. 

I get where that thought comes from, the only point I’d make is that I believe LaFemina’s firing was about way more than just empty seats and fan apathy.

I think LaFemina’s approach was way too hot and heavy for Dan.  LaFemina wanted to bring transparency, Dan hates transparency.  LaFemina’s plan was long term, Dan hates long term.  I think LaFemina’s approach was insulting to both Dan and Bruce.  Dan didn’t really want the truth, he just wanted a magic fix.  That’s consistent with what we’ve come to know about him.

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I get where that thought comes from, the only point I’d make is that I believe LaFemina’s firing was about way more than just empty seats and fan apathy.

I think LaFemina’s approach was way too hot and heavy for Dan.  LaFemina wanted to bring transparency, Dan hates transparency.  LaFemina’s plan was long term, Dan hates long term.  I think LaFemina’s approach was insulting to both Dan and Bruce.  Dan didn’t really want the truth, he just wanted a magic fix.  That’s consistent with what we’ve come to know about him.

I get that, but if us as fans truly wanted to make a point... it was to support the new guy when we had a chance.  Show Dan that the stats quo is not the preference.  

5 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

I get that, but if us as fans truly wanted to make a point... it was to support the new guy when we had a chance.  Show Dan that the stats quo is not the preference.  

Dan would first have to care about the fans.  I’d venture a guess that both Dan and Bruce actively hate the majority of fans.  

https://thefandc.radio.com/articles/news/40-seconds-explains-redskins-dysfunction

"I mean, this is an organization that had (Matt) LaFleur, (Kyle) Shanahan and (Sean) McVay in the same building," he said, referring to the trio of Redskins offensive coaches that have gone on to become head coaches of the Packers, 49ers and Rams, respectively. "And the only person that's still there from that year is Bruce Allen. So that's really all you need to know about how the Redskins are operating.

"I mean, I've gotta think Bruce has some kind of dirt on Dan Snyder. There's no other explanation for him still being around and running that organization."

Sad, but true.

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Dan would first have to care about the fans.  I’d venture a guess that both Dan and Bruce actively hate the majority of fans.  

i dont think it's the care of fans that would get him... it would be the care of optics and money.  Full stadiums on national TV are the things that really (imho) get him going.  Large crowds in Richmond at Fan Appreciation Day so it makes the news.  

9 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

https://thefandc.radio.com/articles/news/40-seconds-explains-redskins-dysfunction

"I mean, this is an organization that had (Matt) LaFleur, (Kyle) Shanahan and (Sean) McVay in the same building," he said, referring to the trio of Redskins offensive coaches that have gone on to become head coaches of the Packers, 49ers and Rams, respectively. "And the only person that's still there from that year is Bruce Allen. So that's really all you need to know about how the Redskins are operating.

"I mean, I've gotta think Bruce has some kind of dirt on Dan Snyder. There's no other explanation for him still being around and running that organization."

Sad, but true.

I think there is another explanation.  The older fans here will remember the Seinfeld episodes where George changes his life around simply by doing the exact opposite of his natural instincts.  If Dan could just make that one crucial change in his leadership decisions, we could be looking at a Super Bowl by 2022 at the latest. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKUvKE3bQlY

1 minute ago, OVCChairman said:

i dont think it's the care of fans that would get him... it would be the care of optics and money.  Full stadiums on national TV are the things that really (imho) get him going.  Large crowds in Richmond at Fan Appreciation Day so it makes the news.  

I definitely get your point.  No doubt the empty stadiums were embarrassing for him.  Just sad that he thinks the empty stadium and fan apathy is the result of the marketing scheme and not his piss-poor job as an owner.  It’s why when a lot of folks are holding out hope that he can change with time, I just don’t see it.  It’s hard to change a billionaire, which is why it’s important that the right billionaire buy your team.  They all have egos, they have to.  But you atleast want a smart one that made their money the right way.

Archived