Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

30 minutes ago, kwitt said:

Serious question.  When does the league step in here?  He is/has destroyed a flagship franchise.  I think next season is going to be a huge embarrassment for not only our franchise but for the league.  

It is the league's passive aggressive way to get the name changed without looking like anyone caved.  Team moves to a new city and has to take a new name.  At best we get an expansion team (or a current team that is looking for a new home).  Jaguars or Bucs are pretty generic so team wouldn't need to be renamed for instance.  New team could also be called the Warriors and everybody is happy,

44 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

That sounds like one big waste of time.

It depends on where value exists for the fan. For example, a playoff appearance is of great value to me, so I can get behind it another year and see if we can be one of the 6-8 average to above average teams to punch a ticket.

The Eagles and Cowboys are playing in round two (18th game for each/2 extra games of value). Both teams are average, but fans are enjoying tremendous 2018 season value. I’m down. Skins will be right there with them next year, again. 

5 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

Prison bathrooms are better than jail bathrooms actually. Jail is usually some ****ty metal bowl in your cell (Alexandria Jail) or you're sitting there in the open air taking a **** in front of everyone, because they got 5 toilet bowls in the common area (Orange County, VA Jail).

It kind of feels like your peeing right in front of everyone at FedEx.

2 minutes ago, wit33 said:

It depends on where value exists for the fan. For example, a playoff appearance is of great value to me, so I can get behind it another year and see if we can be one of the 6-8 average to above average teams to punch a ticket.

The Eagles and Cowboys are playing in round two (18th game for each/2 extra games of value). Both teams are average, but fans are enjoying tremendous 2018 season value. I’m down. Skins will be right there with them next year, again. 

Pass that ish to the left hand side...

2 minutes ago, Darth Tater said:

Sadly, we are too dysfunctional to do that bad unless the potential draft class is bad.

I think they got it in them.  I used to be on the roster isn't bad enough to sink below mediocrity or for that matter good enough to do much better than mediocrity.

But I think the Swearinger release was a good start.  And they've started the off-season on fire.   Looks like the staff might be coming back -- but maybe without Tomsula and Callahan. Bruce will run FA -- and that likely means mostly bargain basement signings.  A lot of things happening for a 4-12 kind of year.  Granted, its early.

As I am typing this am listening to a Dallas reporter who used to live in DC lamenting how Bruce-Dan has made the franchise a sad joke.   Called bring Bruce back a sports crime.  Says that Bruce and Dan hide like weasels and are spineless jellyfish.  They are both cowards. 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think they got it in them.  I used to be on the roster isn't bad enough to sink below mediocrity or for that matter good enough to do much better than mediocrity.

But I think the Swearinger release was a good start.  And they've started the off-season on fire.   Looks like the staff might be coming back -- but maybe without Tomsula and Callahan. Bruce will run FA -- and that likely means mostly bargain basement signings.  A lot of things happening for a 4-12 kind of year.  Granted, its early.

As I am typing this am listening to a Dallas reporter who used to live in DC lamenting how Bruce-Dan has made the franchise a sad joke.   Called bring Bruce back a sports crime.  Says that Bruce and Dan hide like weasels and are spineless jellyfish.  They are both cowards. 

The thing to remember is with just 4-5 "lucky" plays the Giants would have won the division this year and just two "unlucky" ones would have the first pick in the coming draft.  If just couple of plays had "gone our way" we'd have won the division.  That is part of why it is so hard to tank in the NFL!

2 minutes ago, Darth Tater said:

The thing to remember is with just 4-5 "lucky" plays the Giants would have won the division this year and just two "unlucky" ones would have the first pick in the coming draft.  If just couple of plays had "gone our way" we'd have won the division.  That is part of why it is so hard to tank in the NFL!

Yes, but it is easier to tank when we are winning off the field

Bravo!   The Redskins have won the title of worst run sports team in history.  We are now lower than the Cleveland ‘Factory of Sadness’ and the New Orleans ‘Aints’.   I saw this coming years ago when I started noticing people wearing more jerseys from other teams than the Redskins.  It became even more obvious when the most popular Redskins jerseys were numbers 56, 21 or 28....all players long since retired and gone.   As if there are no current players worth the money.  But what I saw this past season was the final nail....people are now OPENINGLY MOCKING you for wearing a Redskin jersey. I witnessed this in a crowded store near Redskins Park.    Never thought it would get this low.  Never.  But there is a whole nother level this seems to be heading towards and that is when Allen, Snyder and Tony Wylie start facing belligerent confrontations from angry former fans in public.  Like in restaurants, bars, movie theaters, stores etc.. similar to what politicians like Ted Cruz had to go thru.   Allen, Snyder and Wylie are going to have to go into hiding.  It is coming 

6 minutes ago, XtremeFan55 said:

But there is a whole nother level this seems to be heading towards and that is when Allen, Snyder and Tony Wylie start facing belligerent confrontations from angry former fans in public.  Like in restaurants, bars, movie theaters, stores etc.. similar to what politicians like Ted Cruz had to go thru.   Allen, Snyder and Wylie are going to have to go into hiding.  It is coming 

That’s assuming Bruce or Dan go out in public and frolic with the common folk.  I don’t think most fans would recognize Wylie.

While I hardly have confidence that it will work, for the first time they are truly publicly doubling down on themselves. They seem to be willing to roll the dice on their “team.” 

By that I mean it is now acknowledged that they recognize the fan anger/apathy and understand Bruce is disliked/hated. But they aren’t taking any half-measures which was my biggest fear. I was afraid they’d do something halfway to try and placate the fans and insulate themselves while really not making any change. 

Doesnt look like they are doing that. Not bringing in someone new (whether a FO guy or coach) that they can buy time with and then ultimately blame. 

They are all in on themselves. They KNOW this is going make things worse in short term yet they are moving forward anyway. In an odd way, for the first time I kind of respect it. Oh, I don’t think it’s going to work at all, but at least there is transparency now even if they’ve gotten there by accident. 

I am actually mildly relieved. Because I think this will get us out of purgatory. It either miraculously works and injuries etc really were holding them back and the team surprises next year or it completely blows up and Dan will essentially have no choice but to clean house— in that case the house may even clean itself. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not happy about this in any way. But I’m also not deveststed. I thought they were going to find whatever solution kicked the cab down the road the farthest. They didn’t do that. I’m surprised. And a tad intrigued. It might be in the way your drunk Uncle intrigues you at the family reunion, but it should at least be funny. 

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Pass that ish to the left hand side...

I ain’t bullish on the point in the least, as I’m disappointed with current state of the franchise and open to change at any position in the organization. 

I guess the uncertainty at the QB position now puts the team below average. Forgot about the Skins now dire situation at QB.

So ya, I get the passing of meth you referenced. 

1 hour ago, Darth Tater said:

It is the league's passive aggressive way to get the name changed without looking like anyone caved.  Team moves to a new city and has to take a new name.  At best we get an expansion team (or a current team that is looking for a new home).  Jaguars or Bucs are pretty generic so team wouldn't need to be renamed for instance.  New team could also be called the Warriors and everybody is happy,

Not this guy.  Not to turn this in to a name debate but if they change the name and I am done.  Makes it easy to move on at that point.  

17 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

1958402284_FanCard2018.jpg.0d1f47248bc45609ca0165f358c87492.jpg

Just to think that this was suggested again recently. Feels more needed than ever. 

I filled one of those out in '09 when I was angry.  Now I don't care enough to bother.  That is what he doesn't understand.  Permanent and irreversible erosion of the fanbase.

6 minutes ago, kwitt said:

I filled one of those out in '09 when I was angry.  Now I don't care enough to bother.  That is what he doesn't understand.  Permanent and irreversible erosion of the fanbase.

I hear you.

I did feel amazing to wake up and hear Vinny was fired. Never would have thought his teams built with Snyder would have similar success compared to anyone else. 

3 minutes ago, celticsalmon said:

What an incredible F---You! to the fans of the Washington Redskins. I'm done! 

That is exactly what it is.  Anyone.  ANYONE who shows up at FedEx Field next year is part of the problem.  Sorry but that is where things stand now.

I've come to the conclusion that the owner isn't a winner. He's content being mediocre. Just happy to be playing with the big boys but it isn't part of his make-up to keep tinkering until he builds a winning organization. "He's a fan he wants to win and he will spend the money" is not the same thing as doing what it takes to win. Making hard decisions (like firing your friends), etc.  Not a winner.

Any fan going to FedEx field will only show his lack of self respect and self esteem... this team just slap you in the face and told you they don’t give a f*** about you, what you think and what you want... 

I’m not only not buying any more gear, I’m putting away all the gear I have, I’m not watching any more games... those to things don’t change anything for baby Snyder, he gets his money anyway from TV... but I’m not letting my kids get anywhere close to this team, they see me and they cheer with me, I won’t inherit my fandom, they deserve better. 

Matter of perspective.  I consider anyone that doesn't show as the real problem.  Need more real fans and less whiners imo.  Too many fans have been brainwashed by the WP and all their negativity.  I feel like Bruce and Synder both want to win badly and have put everything into it but just haven't hit on the right formula yet.  I can't fault them for trying.

1 minute ago, owa said:

Matter of perspective.  I consider anyone that doesn't show as the real problem.  Need more real fans and less whiners imo.  Too many fans have been brainwashed by the WP and all their negativity.  I feel like Bruce and Synder both want to win badly and have put everything into it but just haven't hit on the right formula yet.  I can't fault them for trying.

LOL.  Or are you serious??

Archived