• Blog Entries

    • By Destino in ES Coverage
         1
      We’re still doing this?  Absolutely!  Despite all the compelling reasons to just let everyone go home and enjoy and extended offseason, this is not an option.  The games must be played, and therefore we the long-suffering fans will feel compelled to watch.  Even games no reasonable football fan would choose to watch like, for example, today’s Redskins Jets game.   

      Today’s convergence of sadness features the 30th ranked scoring offense (Jets 14.4 ppg) versus the 32nd (Redskins 12.0 ppg).  The first team to 15 wins!  With no playoff aspirations the compelling story lines for this game are largely limited to watching young players (hopefully) develop.  Dwayne Haskins gets his first home start and Derrius Guice is back from injury.   
       
      My, reasonable, goals for today’s game:  
      1- Score a touchdown 
      2- Score more than 17 points.   
      3- Haskins throws for 200 yards or more with no interceptions  
      4- Guice runs the ball at least 10 times and finishes at 3.5 yards per carry and healthy.  
       
      Hoping for a win at this point feels like setting myself up for disappointment, so I’m happy to settle for an entertaining loss.  
       
      Special thanks to @pez for some excellent Guinness beef stew.  If you absolutely have to stand in a frozen parking lot at 9am, the best place to do it is at the Extremeskins Tailgate with Pez and @Huly.  Great fans, great people. 
       
      The Redskins have declared for the following players as inactive: 
      Paul Richardson  
      Colt McCoy 
      Deshazor Everett 
      Chris Thompson  
      Ross Pierschbacher 
      Vernon Davis  
      Tim Settle  
       
      The Jets declared the following players as inactive  
      Nate Hairston  
      Darryl Roberts  
      Paul Worrilow 
      Matthias Farley  
      CJ Mosley  
      Jordan Willis  
      Leo Koloamatangi 
       
      1st Quarter - Redskins 0 - 6 Jets
      If you wanted to sit in the cold and watch a football game with some Jets fans at FedEx, but were worried that there were not enough seats available, I have good news.  There’s plenty of space available, so come on down and prove you’re a real fan by sitting though this in person.
       
      Jets dominated the 1st quarter even though they only scored 6 points.  The reason being that Washington managed only 13 yards of offense and a single first down.  
       
      Question: Is it still a check down pass if the QB never looks at anyone else?
       
      2nd Quarter - Redskins 3 - 20 Jets
      The Jets have achieved an insurmountable 13 point lead early in the 2nd quarter.  All hope is lost.

      Is there a more perfect example of the Redskins offense than their first scoring drive in the 2nd quarter?  Interception gives the Redskins the ball on the Jets 16 yard line.  They proceed to march 10 yards backwards before kicking a field goal from the Jets 26.  It's perfect.  Two or three more field goals we can call it a day. 

      The Jets score again and if feels like they are are just piling on at this point.  Three touchdowns in the first half for them, just three points for the redskins.  Our streak of no touchdowns has now extended to 15 quarters. 
       
      3rd Quarter - Redskins 3 - 20 Jets
      There is a spider slowly descending from the ceiling in the press box and it's the most interesting thing that's happened during the third quarter of this game. 
       
      I have decided to allow the spider to live, provided it does not touch me.  I'm off to get some more caffeine. 

      4th Quarter - Redskins 17 - 34 Jets
      The first wave of Redskins fans, the few that are here, started streaming towards the exits after that 4th Jets touchdown.  As if the Jets didn't have this game wrapped up in the 2nd quarter. 
       
      Jet have now more than doubled their average points per game and have matched their season high of 34 points (and they missed two field goals in this game). 
       
      TOUCHDOWN REDSKINS!  THE DROUGHT IT OVER!  Guice took a short pass from Haskins  all the way to the house.  2 point conversion is successful on a pass from Haskins to Quinn. 
       
      The Redskins score another touchdown!  This feels like an embarrassment of riches, even if we are still certain to lose this game. 
       
      End of Game.
       
      Let's review those reasonable goals I mentioned earlier:
       
      1- Success.
      2- Close enough, I'm counting it
      3- Haskins did throw for over 200, but unfortunately did have an interception. 
      4- Guice was not given the opportunity to run the ball ten times today.  He did however score on a 45 yard TD pass and finish the game healthy.  I'll take it.
       
      Even though the Redskins lost, it was good to see the offense show some faint signs of life and end the streak of games without a TD.  The team looked competitive for much of the second half, and perhaps they could have made this a fun game if they carried that same energy throughout.  It was good to see Guice and Mclaurin show out today.  I think both of them have a future with this team that I look forward to seeing. 

       
       

       
       
       
       
       
Makaveli

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

 

 

There's no monopoly on good ideas so I'm not saying that I've got the only ones, but the guy sees success staring at him in the face. Just look at Jerrah and what he did - he brought in Parcells then appointed his son as GM. Now, its not like they're world beaters but I'd love to be in their position instead of ours. Not to mention what the Giants and Eagles have done. Look at what the Ravens have done, right up the river. Its like hes hanging onto a Beta Player because it belonged to his dad, not realizing that the entire world went to VHS, then DVD, then Blu Ray, then streaming. And he's trying to run a franchise with that Beta Player type ideas. And when somebody comes in and says "Beta players can't compete today" he fires them for insubordination. 

 

I recall Dan saying in one interview that he appreciated Vinny's constant optimism.   The impression that gave me is Vinny was always telling him they were close.  Cleary Bruce and Jay are telling Dan they are close.    Marty was a tell him like it is kind of guy.  My impression from meeting Scot -- ditto. 

 

He seems to want to believe in that delusion.  To me one of the upsides of this crashing on him this time is his latest delusion IMO is likely his greatest.  We got Jay saying on the record that this team is as good as anyone in the NFL. We got Bruce saying 3 years in a row bad luck has foiled the Redskins from making the playoffs.  They have given Dan the hope they are an off season a way from the promised land or close enough.    And I don't really blame either one for doing it, they are doing it for their own survival. 

 

Looks like Bruce also convinced him fan unrest isn't about him or Dan per se but its purely passionate Redskins fans who can't emotionally deal with the injuries and the 7-9 season.  Personally I think its going to go spectacularly wrong and just on cue for the 10th anniversary for the last time it went spectacularly wrong.  Will Dan learn from it?  He typically learns a little temporarily and shakes things up.  But like I've been saying maybe him playing in the sand box with Schaffer and or Kyle Smith versus people who feed his delusion might help.

 

More importantly, I think this will be real rock bottom because I don't think his brand was ever in danger before.  People still came to games and watched on TV.  Bruce can blame that all on Lafemina for not flooding Stuhbub with cheap tickets and fans were just discouraged by the injuries -- but if this off season doesn't have some serious splash (and I hope it doesn't) this year is going to make last year I think look likes child's play.

 

And his brand for the first time in his eyes will be in jeopardy.   Here is him talking about branding 8 years ago.

 

 

 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm jealous the raiders landed Mike mayock...I know rumors started last year of him coming in here..wish it would of happened..I just learned Mike doesn't believe in following Twitter..I like him more now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

I recall Dan saying in one interview that he appreciated Vinny's constant optimism.   The impression that gave me is Vinny was always telling him they were close.  Cleary Bruce and Jay are telling Dan they are close.    Marty was a tell him like it is kind of guy.  My impression from meeting Scot -- ditto. 

 

He seems to want to believe in that delusion. 

 

 

The irony is, every team in the NFL is close...One offseason of making all the right choices and you can go from bottom dweller to contender. You just have to, you know, make the right choices. One of which being not keeping status quo with mediocrity or worse. I think they are missing that part of the narrative. "We are so close, all you need to do is hire a good coach and GM and draft a franchise QB"

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha he doesn't like to be called Daniel

 

**** you Daniel **** you!...

 

 

I truly feel awful for you and you and you,me, my father, you, you, you, and you. Going from Jack Kent Cook to "Daniel" ****ty ass owner Snyder.

Edited by bakedtater1
Edit content

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, dballer said:

 

 

The irony is, every team in the NFL is close...One offseason of making all the right choices and you can go from bottom dweller to contender. You just have to, you know, make the right choices. One of which being not keeping status quo with mediocrity or worse. I think they are missing that part of the narrative. "We are so close, all you need to do is hire a good coach and GM and draft a franchise QB"

 

Agree, you are close if you have a QB.  They don't have one.  IMO they are deluded that Colt is the guy.  Will see.  I think the only think they get about Colt is his questionable durability.  Otherwise they think they can win with him.

 

They have 4-5 teams ahead of them in the draft who are talking about taking a QB.  They seem to want one to backup Colt.  

 

Doesn't feel like it is going to come together for them at the position.  

 

Hence at the moment I see this as a 5-11, 4-12 kind of team.

 

I have had some argue with me on this saying they have too much talent on defense for that to happen and heck we aren't going to have the same injuries on offense this year.  My response to that is the same defense which was very healthy last season and actually had Swearinger and Preston (I think Preston will be gone) went 1-6 in the home stretch.  The one win was about barely beating the lowly Jaguars led by Cody Keesler. 

 

And that offense couldn't score points when they were healthy.  Alex at least didn't turn the ball over and they beat some weak opponents.  But otherwise I think the 7-9 team if anything was a bit overrated.   Were they better with Alex albeit weren't that hot?  Sure.  But he's unlikely going to be back.  So a Colt-Johnson led team with 2nd rate weapons I don't think is taking them anywhere this season.  Will see.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dballer said:

 

 

The irony is, every team in the NFL is close

Which is why it’s absolutely mind boggling to me that Bruce is still able to get away with selling this to Dan.

 

It’s sadly hilarious that the few times you hear Allen speak, he talks about early season records of 4-2, 6-3, etc. as if that’s some sort of accomplishment.  I might understand it a little more if they were 6-0 or 8-1 at some point, dominating like legit contenders.  But that’s never happened.  Only here is it acceptable to talk about having a .667 record early in a season as if that’s some symbol of success or being “close”.  I bet the guys like Jerry who Dan considers a friend, also keep telling him how close and unlucky they are, only to burst out in laughter after hanging up the phone.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
"My family had season tickets for this football team from 1955 until 2010. I saw my first game in 1979 when I was not more than a toddler, and many, many more after then. Dan Snyder and his policies drove me and us away, with a bungled season ticket holder process when they moved from RFK; with expensive, nasty food; with a subpar stadium experience; and most importantly, by fielding a poor product year after year.

We will never give that team a single penny until they are sold."
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

 

 

As much as talking heads like Florio annoy the crap out of me, this is why I'm checked out: I have no faith whatsoever that Snyder and Allen (or his eventual replacement) can make the right moves. Snyder breeds incompetence. Those who are credible and competent don't last here. It's the lackeys and incompetent yes-men that do.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

  He goes to his dad's grave supposedly every game day. 

 

Quote

 

 

 

Dan goes to his dad's grave every gameday?

 

Somehow I seriously doubt that but either way what we really need is for some Redskins fan to start putting hints on the grave like scratch "Sell The Team" into the stone or plant a Redskins pennant in the ground stating his W-L record or Bruce's and his and Vinny's.

 

Or somebody could bring out a box full of vanilla ice cream sunday morning.

 

Or an empty trophy case with a Daniel Snyder and Bruce Allen bobblehead on each corner with an mp3 player inside blasting the Benny Hill theme song on loop.

Edited by SkinsFTW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SkinsFTW said:

 

Somehow I seriously doubt that but either way what we really need is for some Redskins fan to start putting hints on the grave like scratch "Sell The Team" into the stone or plant a Redskins pennant in the ground stating his W-L record or Bruce's and his and Vinny's.

 

giphy.gif

 

...if only...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get a kick out of the "only 2 games out of the playoffs" bit that Brucey spouted.  They only play 16, so 2 is actually a lot.  In baseball terms, they finished 20 games out.

 

Yeah, they're close.  Right.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a disaster our front office is. Our only hope is that Doug keeps doing good things which forces Bruces hands, and ultimately opens up Daniel's eyes. Like when he brought in AP, I can't help but wonder if Daniel thought 'Bruce should have done that'. It's that type of thing we need more of, before we can expect Bruce to get relieved of duty.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tsailand said:

 

DVOA says we were the 29th best team last year.

 

I'm guessing DVOA doesn't include injuries into the mix?

 

In week 11--as many of the injuries started to occur--the Skins were ranked 16th. For context, the Cowboys were ranked 22nd and the Eagles were ranked 23rd.

 

We all know what happened to the roster the rest of the way.

 

Also, it appears that through weeks 1-10, the Redskins were ranked 19th...Eagles were 17th and Dallas was 23rd. Through weeks 11-16, Skins were ranked 30th. That ranking coincides with when most of the injuries occurred.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RandyHolt said:

What a disaster our front office is. Our only hope is that Doug keeps doing good things which forces Bruces hands, and ultimately opens up Daniel's eyes. Like when he brought in AP, I can't help but wonder if Daniel thought 'Bruce should have done that'. It's that type of thing we need more of, before we can expect Bruce to get relieved of duty.
 

 

Most people who cover the team say Doug is mostly a morale booster behind the scenes  and facilitator as opposed to an evaluator. 

 

On the Peterson thing, Doug said it was Schaffer's idea but he agreed to follow through on it.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

100% is extreme.  I don't think Dan needs 100% dumb luck either.  He has some redeeming features.  It's not like what he does is 100% wrong across the board.   

 

Like what?

 

Let's hear a few of these redeeming features...

 

Don't start with "he wants to win" either. Clearly between wanting to win and making alot of money he's chosen the money over the winning and there are all kinds of examples of this like raising prices whenever he puts out a slightly better mediocre product that his average. Buying multiple naval sized vessels over investing in the training facilities or scouting or anything else that the team needs. In fact he could do both but still only purchases yachts. He keeps cheapskate Bruce around to allow fans an excuse to point the finger elsewhere. His team finishes the season 1-6 to total silence while Dan bolts to his private resort in the Bahamas.

 

The dude is pathetic but I patiently wait for your list of his redeeming qualities as the NFL owner of all of our favorite football team.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Through weeks 11-16, Skins were ranked 30th. That ranking coincides with when most of the injuries occurred.

 

 

 

 

When almost everybody you sign is injury prone you can't really use the injury excuse.

 

It's like when we used to make fun of Dallas and their drug addicts who got shut down after getting busted once again. It's pretty hilarious that these buffoons expect anything else. And those Dallas teams usually won more than 7 games.

 

 

Edited by SkinsFTW
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree, you are close if you have a QB.  They don't have one.  IMO they are deluded that Colt is the guy.  Will see.  I think the only think they get about Colt is his questionable durability.  Otherwise they think they can win with him.

 

They have 4-5 teams ahead of them in the draft who are talking about taking a QB.  They seem to want one to backup Colt.  

 

Doesn't feel like it is going to come together for them at the position.  

 

Hence at the moment I see this as a 5-11, 4-12 kind of team

I have had some argue with me on this saying they have too much talent on defense for that to happen and heck we aren't going to have the same injuries on offense this year.  My response to that is the same defense which was very healthy last season and actually had Swearinger and Preston (I think Preston will be gone) went 1-6 in the home stretch.  The one win was about barely beating the lowly Jaguars led by Cody Keesler. 

 

And that offense couldn't score points when they were healthy.  Alex at least didn't turn the ball over and they beat some weak opponents.  But otherwise I think the 7-9 team if anything was a bit overrated.   Were they better with Alex albeit weren't that hot?  Sure.  But he's unlikely going to be back.  So a Colt-Johnson led team with 2nd rate weapons I don't think is taking them anywhere this season.  Will see.

 

 

Yeh I don't really see how that can be argued. Sure, IF Colt and the O Line and D Line all stayed healthy...and IF Guice and Dunbar return healthy and ready to go, I could see this team squeaking out an 8-8 year. That would be the ceiling. Floor, even healthy, 4 wins. Floor with injuries? Yeh.

 

If these knuckleheads really want to compete, they have to address QB. The only thing that makes me think they will...they went out and over payed for Alex Smith last year because someone didn't believe they could go into the season with McCoy. Dismissing the discussion of if it is the right decision long term or not, this administration needs a new QB THIS year if they want to succeed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

 

Like what?

 

Let's hear a few of these redeeming features...

 

Don't start with "he wants to win" either. Clearly between wanting to win and making alot of money he's chosen the money over the winning and there are all kinds of examples of this like raising prices whenever he puts out a slightly better mediocre product that his average. Buying multiple naval sized vessels over investing in the training facilities or scouting or anything else that the team needs. In fact he could do both but still only purchases yachts. He keeps cheapskate Bruce around to allow fans an excuse to point the finger elsewhere. His team finishes the season 1-6 to total silence while Dan bolts to his private resort in the Bahamas.

 

The dude is pathetic but I patiently wait for your list of his redeeming qualities as the NFL owner of all of our favorite football team.

 

On occasion, you've cherry picked parts of posts to make it look like I support Dan.  And its probably unintentional but in case it isn't, I am not taking the bait here.   I'll just say I've put in as much fresh material and dug up old items on this thread as anyone to make Dan look like a buffoon.  And I've probably took on Dan-Bruce's few supporters on this board more than anyone. 

 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the final answer is that he has redeeming qualities but despite your Stephen King approach to posting you are taking the 5th? 

 

That great man. Totally answered my question.

😂🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

On occasion, you've cherry picked parts of posts to make it look like I support Dan.  And its probably unintentional but in case it isn't, I am not taking the bait here.   I'll just say I've put in as much fresh material and dug up old items on this thread as anyone to make Dan look like a buffoon.  And I've probably took on Dan-Bruce's few supporters on this board more than anyone. 

 

 

Hello there!

 

Jump aboard— we have the largest movie screen on a vessel the worlds ever seen and we are full of optimism. 

 

Good to have you on our side ;)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

 

 

Dan goes to his dad's grave every gameday?

 

Somehow I seriously doubt that but either way what we really need is for some Redskins fan to start putting hints on the grave like scratch "Sell The Team" into the stone or plant a Redskins pennant in the ground stating his W-L record or Bruce's and his and Vinny's.

 

Or somebody could bring out a box full of vanilla ice cream sunday morning.

 

Or an empty trophy case with a Daniel Snyder and Bruce Allen bobblehead on each corner with an mp3 player inside blasting the Benny Hill theme song on loop.

 

I think that #desecratethegrave won't take off quite as well as #firebruceallen has. It's almost certainly illegal as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

Looks like Bruce also convinced him fan unrest isn't about him or Dan per se but its purely passionate Redskins fans who can't emotionally deal with the injuries and the 7-9 season.  Personally I think its going to go spectacularly wrong and just on cue for the 10th anniversary for the last time it went spectacularly wrong.  Will Dan learn from it?  He typically learns a little temporarily and shakes things up.  But like I've been saying maybe him playing in the sand box with Schaffer and or Kyle Smith versus people who feed his delusion might help.

 

More importantly, I think this will be real rock bottom because I don't think his brand was ever in danger before.  People still came to games and watched on TV.  Bruce can blame that all on Lafemina for not flooding Stuhbub with cheap tickets and fans were just discouraged by the injuries -- but if this off season doesn't have some serious splash (and I hope it doesn't) this year is going to make last year I think look likes child's play.

 

See, this was probably the straw that broke the camel's back for me. And the story now that its because the hail victory stuff. If he had hired some joe schmoe from around the block who had no resume, or an ex-con who was looking for redemption, or an unproven guy who didn't have a leg to stand on, maybe. But he went out and got who was considered the one of the best guys in the game. Then fired him less than a year later, and then comes the smear campaign. I don't see signs of learning. I see signs of us doing things differently (draft instead of free agency). But I've been fooled by this guy too many times before to think he's learning. Just look at the last two years. I thought things had changed and then we trade Fuller and let Breeland go. Why did we leg Breeland go? Did he question coaches too much? Why did we let DJ go? Did he question coaches too much? How much better would our secondary have been had we kept those guys? 

 

I'm seeing patterns. You don't go up to Snyder and say "nice weather we're having today", you go up to Snyder and see what he's thinking about the weather and whatever he says you agree with. If not, you're going to be collecting unemployment sooner or later. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For an owner who spares no expense on his $100 million yacht....or jet...or house....he sure is cheap when it comes to the training facility called Redskins Park which was built years before he bought the whole package.  The current Redskins Park was one of the premier facilities when originally built by Jack Kent Cooke and it was his second to build in less than 20 years.  Dan got it as a package when he bought the team and stadium for $800 million and has done little to improve it.

 

They had to be the last team to build an indoor practice field and even then they went cheap with the inflatable bubble that actually collapsed under the heavy snow in 2016.  Even their outdoor fields are built on a floodplain and once were under water when the creek next to it flooded.  SMH.

 

I drive by this dump almost every day and see an ugly tool shed with equipment spread out next to the street.....a parking lot that is in desperate need of re-paving....window shades that look broken and pulled half way up at an angle.....weeds and tall grass everywhere....etc.   This place is an embarrassment and actually lowers the value of the neighborhood IMO.   First time I went to training camp at Redskins Park I was shocked that a major league team facility could look so run down and that had to be well over ten years ago.

 

All this talk about passion and wanting to win is just empty words because actions speak louder.   Owners main responbility it to spend money to give the team the best managers, coaches, players and facility in order to win.  Dan doesn’t do that and then speaks about passion and wanting to win.  There is nothing I can see that shows that he cares enough to do what is required.  

 

Dan is the polar opposite of Jack Kent Cooke and I cringe every time I think about John Kent Cooke being unable to buy the team from his fathers estate leaving us with this wannabe imposter.  With John Kent Cooke in charge I feel strongly that we could have been infinitely more successful instead of in this hopeless position we are now.

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SkinsFTW said:

So the final answer is that he has redeeming qualities but despite your Stephen King approach to posting you are taking the 5th? 

 

That great man. Totally answered my question.

😂🤣

 

Just tough for me to buy that its a serious question.  Just about everyone has redeeming qualities short of ax-murderers, etc.   I'll play:  he does a ton for charity, I've spent thousands on it myself via auctions I've done with their Charity Foundation.  He's the dude that started the whole breast cancer NFL movement.  I dealt multiple times with the person Jane Rodgers who deals with the charity work for him, great lady.  They have a lot of great people working under her.  They aren't wasting draft picks the way they used to and not going for long term big money contracts that kill their long term cap situation.   It's not like the front office is just teeming with blithering morons.  They've had some good drafts.  On the aggregate they do a poor job and I of all people don't need to elaborate on that point since I've done so plenty.  But not EVERYTHING they do is poor. 

 

You from what I recall are the only fellow Bruce-Dan critic who I from time to time have to defend my position on that point to.  And from what I recall our dispute centers on Bruce.  You don't think he's as big of a problem as I make him out to be and instead he's mostly just a dupe acting out on Dan's orders.  I 100% disagree.  Neither of us know one way or another since the real answer is a mystery.  So its just going with our guts.   My gut is different from you on it.   

 

As for Dan exclusively, I've said over time including recently:

 

Worst owner in sports

He's dumb

He's incompetent

He's a douche

He's arrogant

He's delusional

He is immature

He has the emotional maturity of a teenager

He's a social misfit

Uses his position to create a social life that I suspect he wouldn't have otherwise

He's a chicken who can't face the music

Sounds like he's a bit of a drunk

He wouldn't know how to build a winning culture if it smacked him in the face

100% of the culture issues with the team is him

Even if he wants to win he's too dumb to figure out how to do it

Only way he will ever win is if he's struck by dumb luck

 

Not harsh enough?  I am not sure what else you need me to say?  But sorry if our disagreement remains about Bruce -- I am not backing off that he's a big problem in that FO irrespective of Dan's own issues. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The one main question we all have to ask ourselves is this....do the Redskins have the right people in charge for long term success?

 

I don’t think so.

 

I can see the Redskins squeaking into the playoffs with a 9-7 or 10-6 record someday which will have Champaign bottles popping everywhere in Redskins Park.  But then the following year they fall back to 5-11 again.

 

They just don’t have the culture like the Patriots, Steelers, Seahawks, or New Orleans who seem to be in the hunt every year.

 

Redskins are not built like those teams nor will they be until they find the right GM/President who actually knows what he is doing and Dan does what Jimmy Hallam was told to do....go away for 2 years and don’t even come to the games.

Edited by XtremeFan55

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now