Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Politics Sexual Assault Thread

No Excuses

So, the Moore/Breitbart camp appear to be trying to frame this as a liberal / Washington Post conspiracy .... has anyone tried to characterize this as an establishment Republican / Mitch McConnell power play from the start?

That makes as much sense or more than the alternative.  McConnell is, by all accounts, locked in a battle for the GOPs soul with Bannon.  Moore is a Bannon guy. McConnell is, by all accounts and whether you hate or love the guy, a savvy political operator who knows how to play the game and, importantly, is not above playing dirty.  The guy blocked a ****ing SCOTUS nominee for nearly a year, with no credible precedent.  Moore DIRECTLY campaigned as an anti-McConnell candidate and is guaranteed to be a HUGE headache for Senate leadership if he gets sat.  

• Like 1

understand i think a lot of harsh **** about all things left, and don't let them off any non-nutter hook in anything, but the my typing priority goes to this:

the gop, of which there is still a reasonable percentage of members and a much smaller percentage of elected officials I like and see as positives, must nevertheless be totally and utterly decimated politically, if at all possible, for the best interests of the usa and the world

so make it happen, es! :P

25 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

has anyone tried to characterize this as an establishment Republican / Mitch McConnell power play from the start?

If cannibalism, lynching and human sacrifice breaks out as part of the GoP infighting, which side are you cheering for?

Is it like the COwboys against the Eagles when you hope both sides will lose after fighting to the last man? 

4 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

If cannibalism, lynching and human sacrifice breaks out as part of the GoP infighting, which side are you cheering for?

Is it like the COwboys against the Eagles when you hope both sides will lose after fighting to the last man? 

In this case it's like the Cowboys versus LITERALLY NAZIS AND PEDOPHILES.  I don't agree with establishment Republicans on nearly any issue, but this is an easy choice. If I, for some reason, had to meet with Mitch McConnell and shake his hand, I could do so without audibly gagging.  I would feel comfortable if my daughter had to serve Mitch McConnell lunch.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ExoDus84 said:

Is pedophilia a Republican tradition or something?

Nah.  It's an evangelical conservative rural tradition. 

As twa never tires of pointing out, that demographic used to be called Southern Democrats, and they opposed civil rights.  Now they are all Republicans, but otherwise they haven't changed very much, if at all.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

So I'm guessing the deadline for being on the ballot is past, so if Luther Strange wanted to mount an independent campaign, it would have be as write-in ?

Correct. Hes saying he wont tho.

https://www.google.com/amp/thehill.com/homenews/senate/360198-strange-highly-unlikely-ill-run-a-write-in-campaign-against-moore%3famp

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

the gop, of which there is still a reasonable percentage of members and a much smaller percentage of elected officials I like and see as positives, must nevertheless be totally and utterly decimated politically, if at all possible, for the best interests of the usa and the world

so make it happen, es! :P

Glad to have you on board.

as everyone gets up to speed on the story, let's make sure we remember to hold all these vermin on both sides of the aisle responsible for crafting and allowing to exist the "process" for filing a harassment complaint if you're a congressional aide...it's perfectly designed to serve sexual predators..

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Is this multiple choice or essay or what?

originally it was matching. here's 4 policy issues, assign the right ideas to the right ticket.

i'm not really opposed to any ideas as i believe anything will weed out majority of the problem.

simply writing your legal name correctly would be a step in the right direction.