Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If you love Tailgate, don't lose your privilege

ExtremeSkins Staff

All-

Be advised that the Mod Squad has a new tool in their bag of ban hammers.

In the past, all the Mods could do was either ban a trouble maker or put them on read only.

Now, there's a new tool which will allow them to simply remove your ability to post here in tailgate while allowing you to continue to post everywhere else on the board. You'll still be able to read the Tailgate forum, you just won't be able to make that over the line post or whatever it was that originally got your privilege revoked. 

It hasn't been used on anyone yet, and there's no one currently active in particular that it was implemented for. 

It was actually designed on the off chance that currently banned member might be able to earn their way back to an active status. However in designing the way this works it seemed like a better idea to keep it as some of you are continually getting in trouble here in Tailgate and we like you enough not to completely toss you off the board. 

It's really simple. If you don't want to lose your Tailgate access, behave and respect each other.

Ok, before this spins off the rails into yet another fount of bull**** as so many threads seem to do, here's a thought.

Just speaking for myself, I know what a snarky snotty SOB I am at times (and the times we live in seem IMO to justify most of it) but exactly where/when/if I am dancing along the edge? I have no clue. Honestly, I don't have the faintest idea whether I am on a watchlist or completely invisible as regards this, so howsabout a regular, gentle "word to the wise" when people say or do something that doesn't quite rise to level of action but might be indicative of the kind of excess that could lead to it? Just to give us some benchmarks. I am sure that the troublesome members have heard from the mods, probably more than once, but the rest of the vast, amorphous sludge field of posters, probably not. So, just a report card kinda thing, you're ok, you're not ok but you don't have to worry, you DO have to worry, we have to worry about YOU, WTF is your problem,  etc., etc.data points.

14 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I know I have seen the mods more than a few times fire off warning shots in threads when people are getting close.  I think as long as you pay attention, you should be able to tell your standing.

They @ you too lol

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

Let's hope that the 12 people that post here don't have differing opinions than the mods.

Well, then let's go ahead then and discuss Timmy's choice to channel his inner lemming here. 

Timmy has been hit a few times over the years by different mods with basic rule violations.

Timmy was recently hit with a standard rule violation (brief ban). 

Funny how we can get tired of people (repeatedly) violating the most basic rules that have been in play here fo-evah and even after regular warnings which occur in threads as a matter of course on this site. 

Timmy thinks his penalties are because of his  opinions---mainly his hard political leanings, not real uncommon among hard-leaners left or right---and, being kind here, not a very observant/discerning/intelligent conclusion. Objective observation and detached  analysis may be a challenge, if ever indulged, among diehard partisans of any stripe. 

Now editorially speaking, just for myself as an es'er, I have found timmy's posts in both main forums over the years to be mainly mundane and frequently just dumbass with the occasional redeeming effort, and amazingly (one could say obviously)  none of that has had anything to do with his being able to post all this time.

This is some brain-stretching stuff--really hard for certain folks.   

Now community-wise, from my vantage, timmy has seemed to have little connection with others in the stadium (no prob of course) and his main contribution, when he does stand out, is drive-by trolls or jabs, usually in the tailgate.

To close, the rules have also always informed that we have a feedback forum and pms for mods or e-mail contact if you think you have a problem with mod actions.  The rules have also always informed that making false accusations (as in show me your proof---i.e. posts/pms etc.) against staff is not ok.  

So we will retire this mutual struggle for the common good.

I guess we're now down to eleven.

11 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I very much enjoy the tailgate and find the differing backgrounds/opinions of our various members to be profoundly enriching!

Everyone I know hates you except mary. She loves everyone. Like some hippy.

I'm worse. I love the vast majority of ya. But I love like Carol on WD loves with a little Madison from FWD mixed in, so keep your left up.

30 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Everyone I know hates you except mary. She loves everyone. Like some hippy.

I'm worse. I love the vast majority of ya. But I love like Carol on WD loves with a little Madison from FWD mixed in, so keep your left up.

18 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I have no idea what these words mean but they give me a warm and nurturing sensation.

10 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

ask dan t. for translation via images

WD134.jpg

41FABAF100000578-4660054-image-m-9_14990

Can you feel the love?

Archived