Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Harvey Weinstein, Fired Amongst Sexual Harassment Allegations

Spaceman Spiff

1 minute ago, Zguy28 said:

My wife and I like to watch old sitcoms on Hulu. Last night we queued up Laverne and Shirley. It was an episode where they were volunteering as nurses in order to meet and hopefully marry a nice doctor. Shirley says she is going to meet a doc in the supply room for some antics, and then comes back a few minutes later with clothes all torn up and laughing. She says that he jumped on her with an ether mask as she came through the door and she fended him off and used it on him instead and left him there. It was all a big joke. We were like "What the heck?"

We have evolved. Its slow and it almost easy to miss it. But we as a nation are always changing. 

1 minute ago, Zguy28 said:

My wife and I like to watch old sitcoms on Hulu. Last night we queued up Laverne and Shirley. It was an episode where they were volunteering as nurses in order to meet and hopefully marry a nice doctor. Shirley says she is going to meet a doc in the supply room for some antics, and then comes back a few minutes later with clothes all torn up and laughing. She says that he jumped on her with an ether mask as she came through the door and she fended him off and used it on him instead and left him there. It was all a big joke. We were like "What the heck?"

i rewatched the (somewhat) classic 80s movie private school (phoebe cates, matthew modine) a few years ago and im having the same reaction. guys climbing up buildings to watch girls showering, dressing up as girls to go into the showers, etc. the craziest thing was the way the girls reactes- usually with a laugh or an eyeroll. 

not to mention movies like porkys.

funny at the time. hasnt aged so well. 

8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

We have evolved. Its slow and it almost easy to miss it. But we as a nation are always changing. 

Indeed, and in this area, its a good thing. Just look at how women are still overly-objectified in movies and TV though. Watch Transformers movies or Game of Thrones...

Edited by Zguy28

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

Dont really doubt a drunk Jamis Winston behaves like the president. Due is a douche when hes sober. 

Don't have enough Trump already?  Gotta drag him into this one? ;)

It's a shame that Jameis already has enough transgressions in his past because I'd like to believe that he didn't do this.  But he's already shown poor judgement multiple times.

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Don't have enough Trump already?  Gotta drag him into this one? ;)

I mean he literally grabbed her by the ****. He a star and he was under the impression they let him do it. 

I think its applicable. I know it triggers you people but chill its a JOKE lol

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I mean he literally grabbed her by the ****. He a star and he was under the impression they let him do it. 

I think its applicable. I know it triggers you people but chill its a JOKE lol

Lol I hear ya man and I'm sorry I couldn't help myself, I should have refrained.  Just tired of hearing people bring every life problem back to Trump, even if it's a joke.   I do believe there's an unhealthy obsession going on with people loving to hate him.  

10 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Lol I hear ya man and I'm sorry I couldn't help myself, I should have refrained.  Just tired of hearing people bring every life problem back to Trump, even if it's a joke.   I do believe there's an unhealthy obsession going on with people loving to hate him.  

Oh im totally obsessed but I feel like if I have to live with it I might as well learn to enjoy it lol. 

• Haha 1

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 10:50 AM, grego said:

i rewatched the (somewhat) classic 80s movie private school (phoebe cates, matthew modine) a few years ago and im having the same reaction. guys climbing up buildings to watch girls showering, dressing up as girls to go into the showers, etc. the craziest thing was the way the girls reactes- usually with a laugh or an eyeroll. 

not to mention movies like porkys.

funny at the time. hasnt aged so well. 

There's a very early episode of MASH where the resolution of the plot is Frank Burns being falsely accused of rape. Hawkeye even makes a "Wow...I've never been to a rape before" joke.

That one had turned sour in the 90s when I saw it on a re-run.

13 minutes ago, Zguy28 said:

Not saying any of this isn't true, because Hollywood is full of this I'm sure; but I think we are going to reach a saturation point soon. Am I the only one who thinks this?

I agree.  I don't want to belittle some of the claims here but I do believe there's going to come a point where you'll hear about "Well he looked at me a little too long" or "he asked me out on a date, twice"   IMO, that's a point of saturation.

Again, not to belittle the  #metoo movement because it should be a good thing where women feel that they can come forward...but we live in a "Me, too" culture where people want to feel like they belong.  There's certainly a group think, pack mentality that where people want to belong.  You don't have to look very far on social media for dumb white kids using the term "my "n-word"".  You'll soon be seeing dumb people looking for any/all opportunity to be a part of this for the absolutely wrong reasons.

16 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I mean, what are they gonna do?  They let murders and wife beaters into the league.  This is nothing compared to that.

I was speaking more broadly.  On the field, off the field, his history, etc...

Life might be getting away from him.

Edited by TryTheBeal!

19 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I agree.  I don't want to belittle some of the claims here but I do believe there's going to come a point where you'll hear about "Well he looked at me a little too long" or "he asked me out on a date, twice"   IMO, that's a point of saturation.

Ehhh. I don't know. Maybe.

When I think of reaching a saturation point with this, it's that a new person hits the news on Tuesday and by Friday it's on to someone else. Plenty of people are going to get lost in the wash because their actions weren't as bad, or weren't against as many women, or just because of the timing. 

Additionally, the 'care level' might start going down... every day that passes and a new story comes out it has a chance of causing less outrage, etc.

Honestly, if I was a Hollywood star that knew I had a history of this... I might want it to come out now... might be better than later, when there aren't tons of people being outed to get lost in...

People like Lena Dunham really don't help with this.

In case anyone is out of the loop:

1. A senior writer for the Show "Girls", in which Dunham starred, has been accused of raping a black actress. 

2. Dunham puts out a statement saying she has "insider knowledge" through her personal connection with the writer, that this is one of the "3% of false accusations"

She's rightly getting roasted from all sides since then. She issued a half-assed apology on twitter, which she subsequently deleted.

Just keep your damn mouth shut when people in your circle are accused.