Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Harvey Weinstein, Fired Amongst Sexual Harassment Allegations

Spaceman Spiff

7 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

As too your post previously, Spacey doesn't get a pass because he was drunk, closeted, or abused by his father. We are all responsible for our actions as adults. 

And I want to point out that you are the one who raised the creepy statement about the two women sailors being Lesbians and your creepy mind went places and you actually articulated those creepy thoughts in public here on this board. How juvenile is that?  

I didnt say spacey should het a pass, quite the opposite.  I was pointing out why he DIDNT get a pass.  Your theory is that he didnt get a pass because his accuser was a man, and nobody believes women.  My theory is that he didnt get a pass becajse he handled it in a way that made it even worse

As for your second question, it was very juvenille.  But it wasnt creepy.  Is it creepy to talk about lesbian sex?  Is that somehow off limits because they are lesbians?  If it was a man and a woman on the boat, and Id asked the same question, is it no longer creepy?  Sounds like you are the one holding the double standard, not me.  

8 minutes ago, twa said:

Being in a lesbian relationship is creepy now?

You people are evolving too fast for me.

Yah, no acknowledging or wondering abou lesbian sex.  Thats discrimination.  Only okay if its a man and a woman

I will now chop off my genitals.  Glad i already have kids

Clearly Kevin Spacey is scum, and certainly the victims are going/have gone through tough baggage as a result of it. I'm going to bring up another angle that is much less important, the situation is the shutting down of the production of the show. It certainly hurts the workers and rest of the cast. Do they still get paid? Do they sue Kevin since it was his actions essentially caused the ending of the show? When the offended mob descends on a cause like this, there are many other people negatively impacted by it and that part of the scenario is often overlooked. Would it have been better to write him off the show? Granted he was the central character. I'm just thinking out loud here, that's all. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, spjunkies said:

Ellen gets a pass because it appears that she is friends with KP who has not complained about the tweet. 

Harvey had a lot of friends that didn't complain , not so much now :)

On 10/27/2017 at 1:22 PM, zoony said:

Exactly

And lets not limit this to sexual predation.  Predation in general.  Bullying, abuse of resources, etc.  Basically, all the behavior that gets you to the top

the problem is that whenever there is a flood of revelations like this... people get outrage fatigue.

i predict that the tone of narration on this flood of allegations will flip from universal outrage this week, by the end of November to a mix of near invisibility (which translates to collective yawns) with a healthy mix of "PC-out-of-control" starting to pepper the discussions as well.   

With Trump (outrage, personified) dominating the news cycles.....  we are ALL suffering from outrage fatigue all around.     

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Destino said:

Wasn't Spacy accused of sexually harassing a minor?  I think that's a bigger difference than his victim being male or female. 

I think so.

Problem I have  ( which is another topic is parents). 

Kid should have been able to tell his parents. 

That shine of stardom is not what life is. 

Bill Gates is not a celebrity...his cash says that he could be... if he wanted to. 

Parents: Stop putting these folks on a pedestal.

My wife was bummed about the Spacey thing...she loves his work, yet never wants to be bothered with him again. 

I have to respect that. 

I am not Prince Akeem and I don't have my daily bathing from gorgeous women. 

Damn that would be nice though...even LSF would have to agree. 

• Like 1

@Kosher Ham good points all around.  I will disagree that Bill Gates isn't a celebrity.  He definitely is.  Maybe not famous for being on screen in movies or making music, but if you can't walk down the street without people recognizing you, you're probably a celebrity.  Maybe just "famous" is a better term.  

Anyway, you reminded me of this:

@Spaceman Spiff, Bill Gates is well known as a name, not a celebrity. 

Would the average person even have an idea who 

I would wager that more people know who Jerry Jones is, and that he is more of a celebrity. 

I could walk right past Bill Gates and not even think twice. 

Most people would. 

You see Whoopi Goldberg...and nearly everyone would notice her. 

Most folks have no idea what the heck any Walmart heir looks like. 

All worth billions. 

4 hours ago, spjunkies said:

I would be shocked if Spacey only has sexual harassment in his closet, dude looks like a straight up serial killer.

4 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Keyser Soze

Seven.

Honestly, never really understood the hype behind him.  Thought he was a decent actor, not an incredible one.  

10 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Honestly, never really understood the hype behind him.  Thought he was a decent actor, not an incredible one.  

He has the guy next door look, but can play some seriously malicious roles. I think it was that irony that is appealing about him. I like many of the roles he played, but the number of accusations piling up sure gives me pause about his character.

13 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

He has the guy next door look, but can play some seriously malicious roles. I think it was that irony that is appealing about him. I like many of the roles he played, but the number of accusations piling up sure gives me pause about his character.

I guess, but for me he just always plays a calm, cool, monotone kinda character.  I think he's great at what he does and admittedly I haven't seen all of his movies but I don't really see him stretching himself very far.  

The number of accusations certainly give me some pause about his character.  Not that I knew what kind of a guy he was but you want to believe these people are likable.  That a guy like Weinstein, for all his liberal, social causes, really has a good heart and isn't a pervert.  

We're in a strange time where we're finding that a lot of our Hollywood stars that we love to watch are turning out to be creeps.  Politicians are turning out to be the scum that they are and showing their true colors.  Corruption, bribery, harassment....things that we've feared to be true, turned a blind eye to are coming to reality.

Anyway, I saw this today.  Found it interesting.  Look at him deliver that joke, he wasn't ****ing around. 

http://deadline.com/2017/10/seth-macfarlane-harvey-weinstein-oscar-joke-explained-1202186425/

Edited by Spaceman Spiff