Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

32 minutes ago, Llevron said:

That's wild. Dude was 15. I can't even imagine the kind of life he had to live to justify killing people at that age. 

Makes me think bullying might be a reason. But at 15, you're still old enough for that pervasive "I hate my life and and it's everyone else's fault that it's awful" mindset to be present

8 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Makes me think bullying might be a reason. But at 15, you're still old enough for that pervasive "I hate my life and and it's everyone else's fault that it's awful" mindset to be present

True. And I'm not trying to take any guilt away from him. It just wasn't long ago I was 15 and troubled and I have to wonder what this kids parents were like for him to resort to that and them not be able to stop him. Even if I would have wanted to do something like that my mother would never let me. I almost feel bad for him but reality is he is a monster and doesn't deserve that much pity. 

The whole thing is just sad. That we are a country that allows this makes it worse. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

The desensitization is just bonkers. In any other developed country this is a national tragedy. 

Here it is just another day.

It isn't even the desensitization for me anymore. It's that millions of people have to be convinced that this even happened

Edited by Mr. Sinister

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

It isn't even the desensitization for me anymore. It's that millions of people have to be convinced that this even happened

This is 10th school shooting of 2018.

We are 23 days into the new year. 

But sure, according to brainwashed gun nuts, nothing you can do (says the only developed country where this **** happens).

5 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

But sure, according to brainwashed gun nuts, nothing you can do (says the only developed country where this **** happens).

Do you have a source for that?  Not saying you are wrong, just would like to know more about the details.

How about the fact the media isn't talking about that?  Not only how many shootings but I haven't seen a damn thing about todays shooting.

7 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Do you have a source for that?  Not saying you are wrong, just would like to know more about the details.

How about the fact the media isn't talking about that?  Not only how many shootings but I haven't seen a damn thing about todays shooting.

https://everytownresearch.org/school-shootings/

Only one of these resulted in the death of a victim so I'm assuming that's why it didn't garner much attention. It's still completely unacceptable.

Today's incident is the first mass shooting at a school for this year I believe (just typing this makes me sad).

EDIT: the two attempted suicides at elementary schools also resulted in deaths.

Edited by No Excuses

13 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

https://everytownresearch.org/school-shootings/

Only one of these resulted in the death of a victim so I'm assuming that's why it didn't garner much attention. It's still completely unacceptable.

Today's incident is the first mass shooting at a school for this year I believe (just typing this makes me sad).

EDIT: the two attempted suicides at elementary schools also resulted in deaths.

That only lists 7.  I'll have to research some of them.  I note a few said gun fired but no injuries or something to that effect so I don't know I would count that as what we typically think of when the term "school shooting" is used.

Note:  I am NOT saying this doesn't mean we have a problem.  I was just curious that we had 10 and hadn't heard about any of them really.

39 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Not quite true.  

The obvious solution is more guns.  

1 minute ago, Larry said:

Not quite true.  

Yea, according to the gun nuts a school being a gun-free zone means it attracts more gun violence.

Apparently if teachers were armed they would be able to Minority Report gun crimes and they'd be already waiting for this kid, guns drawn. 

4 hours ago, Zguy28 said:

So glad my kids are homeschooled. But after last year's church shooting and mall IEDs, you never know.

21 minutes ago, Larry said:

Not quite true.  

And also educate your children in a panic room built under your house, apparently.

3 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

That only lists 7.  I'll have to research some of them.  I note a few said gun fired but no injuries or something to that effect so I don't know I would count that as what we typically think of when the term "school shooting" is used.

Note:  I am NOT saying this doesn't mean we have a problem.  I was just curious that we had 10 and hadn't heard about any of them really.

It’s missing two shootings that happened yesterday. Those two plus today’s brings us to 10.

https://www.thetrace.org/rounds/america-three-school-shootings-in-two-days/

The Kentucky shooting was the young school week’s third incident of gunfire at an American K-12 school.

Early yesterday morning, a 16-year-old boy wielding a .380-caliber handgun shot and injured a female student in a high school cafeteria in the Texas town of Italy. A 17-year-old student who was pulling up to the school at the time said she saw “the doors fly open and everyone screaming and running out of the building.”

The victim was transported an hour north to Parkview Medical Center in Dallas. The suspect is in custody.

On Monday afternoon, someone opened fire from a pickup truck outside a New Orleans charter school. A 14-year-old boy who was among a group of students in the school parking lot at the time suffered an abrasion wound.

It is a national disgrace that events like this don’t even register in our national conversation. 

Edited by No Excuses
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

It is a national disgrace that events like this don’t even register in our national conversation. 

This you will get no argument from me.  

The best way forward though, we can go back and forth on but I think we both know change isn't happening.

6 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

There it is, the Republican answer for everything...add more guns to an equation that has been created by the prolific flood of guns.

you really think guns created the problem?

12 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

More guns equals more gun deaths...I’m assuming you’re not going to suggest that it was video games or that rap music the dark people listen to.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/10/2/16399418/us-gun-violence-statistics-maps-charts

Gun deaths would include those that kill themselves and those that needed killing.....a less than perfect criteria.

Different cultures get different results....who knew?

where is Mexico or Jamaica on your list?

add

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate

Edited by twa