Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

2 hours ago, zoony said:

The other interesting (or terrifying) aspect of these shootings is the involvement of psychotropic drugs.  I have read that virtually every mass shooting has involved the use of these drugs.

I really wish that they could do a study on the correlation between mass shootings and psychotropic drugs.  Which is funny, because the people screaming “mental health” are the same people preventing studies like this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

I really wish that they could do a study on the correlation between mass shootings and psychotropic drugs.  Which is funny, because the people screaming “mental health” are the same people preventing studies like this.

I'm not, it jus feeds the beast in trying to say this is primarily a mental health issue.  Some of these shooters took meds, some didn't, some had no history of mental illness or even motive (Vegas shooter they went from sure of it being something to possibly undiagnosed out of desperately having some kind of answer).

Most of these shooters that did have mental health issues, it's not ones that CAUSE   violent behavior.  Depression, anxiety, even Bipolar disorder isnt a red flag someone could become a mass shooter, and that's what I'm worried of.  We're balls deep blaming this on mental health when the common thread between the mass shooters in more cases then mental health issuea is an obsession with violence and nobody saying anything about it (or seller of the gun not knowing).  Nobody ever wants to admit they saw it coming in many of these cases, but I find that bs due to possible embarrassment and trying not to ruin your child or own name, someone knew.  

The Vegas shooter to me is the prime example of desperately trying to pin this on something we can blame people for and couldn't.  I will not accept some sort of ban on people getting firearms if they take psychotropic drugs (not saying you sakd that, but making myself clear on that).  People need to get a medical clearance from a psychiatrist if they are taking medication to purchase firearms, only individuals with experience making that call should be making that call, they know what to look for while we're out grapsing at straws.

Just now, China said:

Every time I see this thread has been bumped, I open it with a sense of dread...

Agreed, I expect us to either be somber over another one or arguing about a previous one.  Never anything good gets posted in this thread, its up there with the Redskins name thread if threads I least ever want to see on the front page.

12 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Youtube chick.  I won't be right if that becomes more common.  This epidemic is evolving versus any sign of slowing down

Think you and I, or maybe it was Benning, talked about this and I said video documentation of slaughtered little children. Likely a birthday party or soccer game. A place where a lot of people have cameras.

It's real easy nowadays to compartmentalize and move on. Hard to move on from looking at children getting massacred in front of you. The emotional backlash from that would be tough to overcome. That would likely be the last atage of evolution.

That, or an entire group of Suicide cultists in one town targeting different areas at once.