Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

So desensitized that they don't even get noticed anymore.  This happened yesterday:

Long Beach mass shooting: At least 3 dead, 9 wounded by gunfire at home

LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Three men were killed and nine people were wounded in a mass shooting Tuesday night at a home in Long Beach.

Authorities were sent to a home in the 2700 block of 7th Street, near Temple Avenue, at 10:44 p.m. on a shooting report.

Paramedics declared a mass casualty incident, reporting 12 patients. Three men believed to be in their 20s were dead at the scene and nine patients were transported to local hospitals, according to the Long Beach Fire Department.

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Berggy9598 said:

We like to think that’s why he didn’t have an AR15, keeping the death toll at that palpable 3-7 range. 

Any decent shot can hit a comparable number to a àr if distance isn't a issue.  

But if it makes us feel better.....

4 minutes ago, twa said:

Any decent shot can hit a comparable number to a àr if distance isn't a issue.  

But if it makes us feel better.....

Recon you put enough disclaimers and qualifiers in there, so you could support your party's position?  "decent shot", "comparable number", "if distance isn't an issue".  

I recall a similar comment being made once.  The assertion was that the first war the US was in, in which a gun was a better weapon than a bow, was WW1.  Prior to that war, a bow had a greater range, more accuracy, a higher rate or fire, and more lethality than a firearm.  

The reason why wars like the Revolutionary and the Civil were fought with firearms, (instead of the supposedly superior bow), was because we had become an urban population, and people didn't know how to be lethal with a bow.  And a city boy with two weeks training on a musket was more deadly than a city boy with two weeks training on a bow.  

So, frankly, if an AR is more deadly than a pistol, in the hands of an inexperienced mass murderer, that's a factor, too.  

25 minutes ago, Larry said:

Recon you put enough disclaimers and qualifiers in there, so you could support your party's position?  "decent shot", "comparable number", "if distance isn't an issue".  

I recall a similar comment being made once.  The assertion was that the first war the US was in, in which a gun was a better weapon than a bow, was WW1.  Prior to that war, a bow had a greater range, more accuracy, a higher rate or fire, and more lethality than a firearm.  

The reason why wars like the Revolutionary and the Civil were fought with firearms, (instead of the supposedly superior bow), was because we had become an urban population, and people didn't know how to be lethal with a bow.  And a city boy with two weeks training on a musket was more deadly than a city boy with two weeks training on a bow.  

So, frankly, if an AR is more deadly than a pistol, in the hands of an inexperienced mass murderer, that's a factor, too.  

They’re getting better at dancing around the issue with every mass murder that occurs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Berggy9598 said:

They’re getting better at dancing around the issue with every mass murder that occurs. 

there's way too many Yosemite Sam's out there that feel they need a big gun to compensate for their micropeens....I hope there is an outright ban on them just to see them cry at this point....after that, let's go after truck nutz

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Larry said:

if you say so. 🙄

if you are not a decent shot an ar won't help you more than a pistol, if you are a decent shot then a ar helps with longer range over a pistol.....most are not long range shooters

12 hours ago, twa said:

if you say so. 🙄

if you are not a decent shot an ar won't help you more than a pistol, if you are a decent shot then a ar helps with longer range over a pistol.....most are not long range shooter

I have an honest question.  If your purpose is for indiscriminate damage, just to take out as many as possible in a relatively confined space, does an AR type rifle really offer no advantage over a pistol?  It seems intuitively wrong to me, but I'm pretty green when it comes to firearms knowledge.

1 hour ago, bearrock said:

I have an honest question.  If your purpose is for indiscriminate damage, just to take out as many as possible in a relatively confined space, does an AR type rifle really offer no advantage over a pistol?  It seems intuitively wrong to me, but I'm pretty green when it comes to firearms knowledge.

Depending on the size of the space, it could actually hinder.  Time and ability to swing a rifle around in a small space would be a hindrance.  An AR pistol may be best.  Really depends on the space.

• Thanks 1