Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins vs them bums from Philly

TK

Since the NFL started blacking out the radio streams I have no idea if this will work or not. And no idea if it'll be just the pre game show or the entire game broadcast. I just found it over on Redskins.com

Follow the Rules, don't get yourself banned over being stoopid, & lets whoop that Iggle ass!

:eagles_suck::eagles_suck::eagles_suck::eagles_suck::eagles_suck::eagles_suck::eagles_suck::eagles_suck::eagles_suck::eagles_suck::eagles_suck::eagles_suck::eagles_suck::eagles_suck::eagles_suck::eagles_suck:

image.png

image.png

GAMEDAY PROGRAM

These first few games are going to be crucial aren't they. Think there is serious implode potential in this team if things don't go to plan in weeks 1-3. At the same time though the talent is there to be compete in the division. 

Great news that Crowder is good to go. I really think Gruden has been holding back the offense this preseason to not give any other teams any looks. They'll release the shackles today. Lot of underrated talent we have on that side of the ball.

25 minutes ago, carex said:

disappointed in the choice to line up Hood at the nose. 

Yep. 

Like last season starting with Golston... if Ziggy Hood is your starting NT, then you're in trouble. He's not a starting caliber player. If other teams specifically attack him on every play up the middle its a huge problem for our defense. (see CAR game last season)

Hopefully Allen and Co have improved the rest of our line enough for Ziggy not to be exposed ever play. Brown and Foster hopefully will be vastly improved from last season in the middle as well. 

2 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

So off topic, does this mean the Bucs and Dolphins just don't play this week? Do they have to make up games? I'm not sure how this works.

Yea, they just get their bye week 1. 

They'll play each other week 11. 

2 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

So off topic, does this mean the Bucs and Dolphins just don't play this week? Do they have to make up games? I'm not sure how this works.

Pretty much, they are having their bye week this week.

They will play week 11 (the original bye week for both teams).

It means both teams will have to play 16 straight weeks. 

1 minute ago, RandyHolt said:

I'd wager that Ziggy doesn't get the start.  If Crowder is anything less than 100%, I want a decoyish workload for him today.  I want heavy pressure early on, set the tone.

I know that Anthony Lanier is one of the inactives today.

4 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

I know that Anthony Lanier is one of the inactives today.

Interesting.... maybe Hood is out for the first play but then no others :ols:

Don't laugh but I am expecting Josh to lead our WRs today. We tried exactly a year ago, so why not today?

Reed's painful toe only points more to Josh.

2 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

They'll be fine. :) 

Lol, I'm not overly concerned.  But we haven't even played a game yet and jordan reed has a broken toe 

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I probably should have waited at least until kickoff to start drinking.  Especially since it isn't even noon in my time zone.

time zones are bogus, man.  It's 5:00 somewhere

Just now, SkinssRvA said:

Lol, I'm not overly concerned.  But we haven't even played a game yet and jordan reed has a broken toe 

It is the same injury he has been dealing with for weeks.

The national sports press is making a big deal about it today like it just happened.

But as Finlay just said on the pre-game, if you have been listening to the local D.C. sports coverage, you've known about this injury for a while now. :) 

Archived