Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins vs them bums from Philly

TK

1 minute ago, SkinsGuy said:

It is the same injury he has been dealing with for weeks.

The national sports press is making a big deal about it today like it just happened.

But as Finlay just said on the pre-game, if you have been listening to the local D.C. sports coverage, you've known about this injury for a while now. :) 

trust me, I've been here.  I understand it's the same thing that popped up even prior to preseason camp.  And it's clearly a hairline fracture at worst which can heal with time, no surgery required.  Otherwise they would have nipped it and just got surgery earlier.  

Even with all that, it's got the potential to bother him all year if it doesn't heal right, and can also be made worse through over work.  I trust the doctors though more than i trut ANY media report and he's out there and wasn't on the injury report.

Just now, SkinsGuy said:

It is the same injury he has been dealing with for weeks.

The national sports press is making a big deal about it today like it just happened.

But as Finlay just said on the pre-game, if you have been listening to the local D.C. sports coverage, you've known about this injury for a while now. :) 

The combination of injuries of that sort lingering and Jordan's reed's injury history doesn't inspire much confidence in me. 

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

For some reason that doesn't sound good at all lol...

Pessimism in regards to pumpkin spiced alcohol? Blasphemy :)

7 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Please let this be as painless as possible.  Both the game and this thread.  

I don't know about the game, but you can forget it when it comes to the thread.

This thread will be a sewer hole, no matter how the game goes. Whether the Redskins are losing by 2 TDs, or winning by 3 TDs.

It won't make a difference.

Just now, SkinsGuy said:

I don't know about the game, but you can forget it about the thread.

This thread will be a sewer hole, no matter how the game goes. Whether thr Redskins are losing by 2 TDs, or winning by 3 TDs.

It won't make a difference.

And that's why I'm SERIOUSLY contemplating just tweeting about the game instead of dealing with 100+ pages of "we suck so baaaaad! Blah blah blah"

Just now, Diehard Otis said:

And that's why I'm SERIOUSLY contemplating just tweeting about the game instead of dealing with 100+ pages of "we suck so baaaaad! Blah blah blah"

Oh, I'm leaving this thread to go watch the game with my brothers once it starts. I don't hang around during the game. Just too much negativity, no matter how the game is going.

I'll be back once the game is over.

8 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Oh, I'm leaving this thread to go watch the game with my brothers once it starts. I don't hang around during the game. Just too much negativity, no matter how the game is going.

I'll be back once the game is over.

Yeah, because there is almost never any negativity after the games end lol :bill:

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

Which will get me drunk quicker: taking a drink after each time the announcers mention something about Scot McCloughan's or after each time they mention Cousins could end up with the 49ers?

Maybe I'll just drink each time the word "and" is said...*thumbsup*

Just do some shrooms coach. 

I won't able to watch the game live today, made plans with the family. So this will go either one of two ways.

1. I'll be annoyed that I missed a great game and a Skins win.

2. I'll be thankful that I didn't waste my Sunday afternoon being disappointed.

I hope it's number #1. Spend time with the family, come home later to turn on the DVR and watch the Skins win.

Something has to give today.

The Redskins have beaten the Eagles five straight times, but have lost the last four season openers. 

Either they will have five straight season opening losses or six straight victories against the Eagles.

Let's hope they notch their sixth straight victory against Philadelphia. 

GO REDSKINS!!!! :815: :eagles_suck:

Archived