Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2017 Game Day Thread

zCommander

HA! I wish I could hear Pittsburgh talk radio. Screw their fans. 

But seriously, this catch rule is so stupid. It was such an overreaction to the play in the 1999 playoffs. The old rule was so easy. If it hit the ground, it was not a catch. Now, to let them catch the ball and have it hit the ground, they have added so many nuances to the rule that no one knows what a catch is. 

1 minute ago, Destino said:

NFL catch rule strikes again, and they wonder why ratings are down.  Ridiculous.

It is, seriously. They pull this attitude every offseason- "we think the rule is fine- when you just are legislating making something a non-catch when literally everyone sees a catch. And you just don't see a problem with it, because you are the NFL.

2 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

James didn't hold on plain and simple.

He broke the plane after making the catch and getting a knee down.  To anyone with common sense that's a TD.  The rules committee lacks common sense and they've forced their stupidity on all of us.  

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

He broke the plain after making the catch and getting a knee down.  To anyone with common sense that's a TD.  The rules committee lacks common sense and they've forced their stupidity on all of us.  

I agree. Eye test says TD. But James needs to know the rule and hold onto the ball.

3 minutes ago, Destino said:

He broke the plain after making the catch and getting a knee down.  To anyone with common sense that's a TD.  The rules committee lacks common sense and they've forced their stupidity on all of us.  

Even by the rule I don't see how you reverse it. One of his hands stayed on the ball and might have been underneath it, the other hand moved a little but seemed to stay on it. 

But the rule is the big problem. It's idiotic and the league's hubris to not to change it.

I think a situation like that, where James had a knee down and was reaching for the goal line, they need to allow that as a catch.  Maybe they can change it to if the receiver is untouched and is reaching, the ground cannot cause an incompletion.  Because that is exactly what happened.

I think they just need to let the referee have more power and use human judgement, not rely on some dumb rule. 

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Hold on...what the **** happened to the interception returned for a TD?? I wasn’t paying attention after that, then i look up and now it’s 17-10 Dallas? 

Beasley touched him while he was down, negating the TD.  Oakland kicked FG, then Dallas got it and called a fake punt deep in their territory and went on to score. 

Archived