Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2017 Game Day Thread

zCommander

1 hour ago, RonArtest15 said:

Sodium chloride levels with this comment on 1000. 

Where do the levels compare to the guy being a ****y douche all season telling teams to stop you if they don't want you act like an ass, and then proceed to cry like a little baby when they do stop you in the game that matters most?

Honestly, though, I'm not "salty" about it so much as I don't see the big deal about someone who runs his mouth all day making good on it one time when the cameras are rolling.  Whether he did it against the Packers or the Browns, it wouldn't make much difference to me.

I don't think I was "salty", either, when I professed that Tim Tebow wasn't any good, when people were proclaiming that "all he does is win".  Or when I said that Dak Prescott wasn't as great as he was puffed up to be; he just had a great O-line and running game that gave him space and time to make plays.

I don't live and die by how my sports teams do.  Packers are out of the playoff running?  Oh well, football season is over.  I've already moved on.  Only thing that really sticks with me from that game is Davis putting that dirty predatory hit on Davante Adams and all that came of it was a 15 yard penalty... again; the same we see for taunting.  The type of hit that can have a long-lasting effect on a person's quality of life after the game and the league's response is a goddamned joke.

8 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Where do the levels compare to the guy being a ****y douche all season telling teams to stop you if they don't want you act like an ass, and then proceed to cry like a little baby when they do stop you in the game that matters most?

Honestly, though, I'm not "salty" about it so much as I don't see the big deal about someone who runs his mouth all day making good on it one time when the cameras are rolling.  Whether he did it against the Packers or the Browns, it wouldn't make much difference to me.

I don't think I was "salty", either, when I professed that Tim Tebow wasn't any good, when people were proclaiming that "all he does is win".  Or when I said that Dak Prescott wasn't as great as he was puffed up to be; he just had a great O-line and running game that gave him space and time to make plays.

I don't live and die by how my sports teams do.  Packers are out of the playoff running?  Oh well, football season is over.  I've already moved on.  Only thing that really sticks with me from that game is Davis putting that dirty predatory hit on Davante Adams and all that came of it was a 15 yard penalty... again; the same we see for taunting.  The type of hit that can have a long-lasting effect on a person's quality of life after the game and the league's response is a goddamned joke.

You just typed all of that...u salty. 

For whatever reason I'm tired of the Falcons. This will sound sacrilege, but I'd rather see what the Cowboys would do in the playoffs with an available Zeke. A Dallas-Philadelphia matchup in the divisional round would be intriguing. But ATL will likely make it in, or if not them, possibly the Lions, a team who'll make another first-round exit. 

1 hour ago, RonArtest15 said:

You just typed all of that...u salty. 

I am salty about ****ing Thomas Davis.  He ended the career of another Packers WR a few years ago on another dirty hit.  Keep slapping them on the wrists and they'll keep doing it and we'll see more careers ended early, more guys who can barely tie their shoes when they hang up their cleats, and more guys who commit suicide because their heads are mush.

Now we've got guys like your Zach Brown tweeting at Davante Adams things like "Tell him don’t play…. cause I’m always headhunting.”  **** him.

Now on the other side, when Peppers came in and sacked Rodgers at the end of the game, it was clearly visible that he let up on the hit and only used as much force as was needed to down the injured QB.  Class act.

10 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

^ Davis also got a 2 game suspension (final two games of the regular season) along with the 15 yard penalty 

So did Trevathan... who appealed and got it reduced to 1 game.  Ezekial Elliot got 6 games for being accused of something he didn't do.  Slap on the wrists.

3 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

I am salty about ****ing Thomas Davis.  He ended the career of another Packers WR a few years ago on another dirty hit.  Keep slapping them on the wrists and they'll keep doing it and we'll see more careers ended early, more guys who can barely tie their shoes when they hang up their cleats, and more guys who commit suicide because their heads are mush.

Now we've got guys like your Zach Brown tweeting at Davante Adams things like "Tell him don’t play…. cause I’m always headhunting.”  **** him.

Now on the other side, when Peppers came in and sacked Rodgers at the end of the game, it was clearly visible that he let up on the hit and only used as much force as was needed to down the injured QB.  Class act.

So did Trevathan... who appealed and got it reduced to 1 game.  Ezekial Elliot got 6 games for being accused of something he didn't do.  Slap on the wrists.

I'm not excusing the hit at all, the outrage is COMPLETELY warranted, but folks gotta realize that guys like Zach Brown etc. are wired differently.  It's a violent game, and yes, measures are being made to make it safer, but with guys bigger/stronger/faster year after year, not everyone who plays cares about the safety of the next man or their own personal well-being. 

Highlighted during the 4th quarter of tonight's game is that the Vikings are going for their first shutout of an opposing team since 1993.

The Cardinals have a longer streak, not having shut out an opponent since 1992.

And the team with the longest current streak?  The same team that hasn't had an 11 win regular season since 1991, which happened to be the last season they shut out an opponent (I think the Skins had three shutouts in the first five games that season).

Sigh......can we goose egg Osweiler tomorrow?

good lord, what the actual **** was that sorry excuse for a football game tonight? I can't believe I actually watched that **** show. on one play, Brett Hundley was just dancing around on the field for a good 2 minutes and ended up just throwing it out of bounds....I believe what I said to my dad was "I haven't seen this type of awful QB play even from the Redskins!!! and we've had to endure Jason Campbell, Rex Grossman, RG3, etc".

I mean seriously...both QBs couldn't even hit open guys...although I guess that can be blamed on the open guys not catching easily catchable passes. just laughable all the way around.

10 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

So with ATL and DET losing and NO and CAR winning, what are the implications for the playoffs? Imagine it makes the Seattle vs Dallas game pretty big, especially with Atlanta having to play Carolina next week. 

Atlanta has tiebreakers over everyone, theyre in with a win. If they lose, who knows.

Archived