Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2017 Game Day Thread

zCommander

Just now, Simmsy said:

Why would they kick that FG so soon? I don't have the sound on...but I wish I could hear the crowd right now :)

Since they were down by 9, they just wanted to get the one score as soon as they could and then hope for an onside kick to give them a shot at a TD drive.  The Skins under Spurrier actually did this against Philly in 2003 and got a TD at the gun.......but they needed a 2 point conversion to tie and couldn't get it. 

1 minute ago, Rdskns2000 said:

You know there's a strong chance 5 of the 6 NFC playoff teams will have at least 12 wins; has that ever happened before?

This is something I was kind of alluding to in another thread and I think I'm going to be talking about a lot going forward- the loaded NFC right now. 

Those 5 teams are Super Bowl contenders, not playoff contenders.

Green Bay with Rodgers, ditto.

Atalanta if they can re-establish some rhythm in their pass game.

Seattle if they get healthy and hold that team together (will be hard with cap issues).

That's an awful lot of power in one conference, and I haven't mentioned Dallas and Detroit. 

People who think we just need to re-sign a couple of guys and avoid as many injuries as this year and we'll cruise into the playoffs are setting themselves up for a tough year, imo.

Archived