Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

6th Annual ES Survivor League (a/k/a Suicide League) - And the winner is...

Bliz

7 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Wow the Bangles are bad. See ya next year..

I had picked them earlier, then made the change yesterday afternoon.  I was very confident they were going to win, but luckily talked myself into thinking that I had been too clever by half in making that pick.

There is no reason they should have lost that game to a raw as hell rookie making his first start.  It was like watching a redskins game.  Drop two potential interceptions, wipe out a TD with a penalty then settle for a FG, fail to connect on a few should-be big plays, have a momentum-killing turnover...tough to beat anyone when you do all that.  

2 hours ago, Bliz said:

I had picked them earlier, then made the change yesterday afternoon.  I was very confident they were going to win, but luckily talked myself into thinking that I had been too clever by half in making that pick.

There is no reason they should have lost that game to a raw as hell rookie making his first start.  It was like watching a redskins game.  Drop two potential interceptions, wipe out a TD with a penalty then settle for a FG, fail to connect on a few should-be big plays, have a momentum-killing turnover...tough to beat anyone when you do all that.  

The Bangles simply have too much offensive talent to have scored 9 points total in the first two games. Marvin Lewis has to go now, right (by now I mean anytime this year)?

43 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

The Bangles simply have too much offensive talent to have scored 9 points total in the first two games. Marvin Lewis has to go now, right (by now I mean anytime this year)?

I think he's a goner at the end of this season for sure.  

O coordinator Ken Zampese might not even make it that long.  I just don't understand his ultra-conservative play calling.  He was raised with his dad's Air Coryell offense, and coached under Mike Martz, Jay, and Hue Jackson, but it doesn't seem like any of that rubbed off.  I'm no film expert, but  their offense seemed totally vanilla.  Where were the plays to get Mixon in space or Eifert isolated on a LB?  

19 hours ago, CrypticVillain said:

So I take it we all advanced this week?

The heavy favorites all won, but we lost 5 this week.  Interestingly they all went down with a different pick.  Bengals (TEG), Jags (Gibbs Hog Heaven); Chargers (tshile), Rams lol, and one forgot to make a pick.  Still 35 left.

Archived