Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

8 minutes ago, Mooka said:

1 in 10 is not significant numbers, it's not only average, it's below average. More Clinton PUMAs voted for McCain in 2008 than the 1in10 Sanders voters that went Trump. Same as the Cruz/Rubio voters who voted Clinton in 2016.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/11/08/us/politics/election-exit-polls.html

CNN had about 8%, I've seen up to 11%. Still on my phone the nytimes was the first link but I've posted the full CNN exit polls before.

I can just easily say 1 in 10 weren't real Sanders supporters, or not real independents. 

10% is a hugely significant number, especially considering the margin Trump won by.  I can't see the NYT article, I've reached my monthly limit.  

I'm not necessarily saying this is entirely Sanders' fault, the Russians relentlessly targeted his follows.  

11 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I just can't fathom people voting for Bernie in the primary and Trump in the election.

It hurts the brain trying to understand such simplicity.

Issue voters - Trade, Social Security, Use of Military force, Identity Politics. (Issues that Trump ran on taking a more dem/left position than traditional Republicans - especially trade where he ran left of Hillary).

3 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Fixed your question.

"...there's little reason to believe Trump will risk a free and fair election."

So you don't think he (along with those around him or loyal to him) has the capability to do that?  That's fair. 

But I think if he feels even more emboldened by his support from those around him and impotence or cowardice or those aligned against him and it's decided that he can't be punished legally for anything as long as he is in office, it's not hard for me to imagine he would do anything to stay in office. 

As time goes by it seems like more and more actions by Trump and his defenders that would have been viewed as outrageous in the past will be deemed acceptable or inevitable, and more and more levers of power are under Trump's influence or control.  Will that be enough to control the outcome of the election?  I don't know.  Of course there will still be voter suppression and gerrymandering that played a big role in 2016 and even 2018 (though less in some places) and interference from Russia which may be worse than ever now.

10 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

In a close election, that sliver could be the difference.

It could.

Considering 30-40% of this country never votes maybe you should look elsewhere then the 10% of Bernie Sanders supporters that are complete dumb****s.  (10% of the Bernie Sanders supporters will still be dumb****s come 2020, same for 10% of Democrats and probably 90% of Republicans)

The Democrats voted the least last election, maybe start there. 

Trump is a guy literally offering pardons to folks willing to break the law. Dude tried to end an investigation into himself multiple times. People still acting like he won't try to pull some BS. If he can find someone to go along with his order that's all he needs.

3 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

I just can't fathom people voting for Bernie in the primary and Trump in the election.

It's because they were/are simple minded idiots.

This time Trump is having more help. The entire GOP, along with Russia; will make sure it's GOP in 2020.

I don't trust the DNC to endorse any candidate that isn't Harris or Beto or someone friendly and "agenda friendly". Everyone has been vouching for Kamela for months even though she has barely said crap about her platform and most of what we know about Harris is that she locked up marijuana users as California's AG. 

You know what that means. The DNC would never ever endorse Bernie. At least based on 2016. Let us hope they open their eyes and realize the best candidates to defeat Trump. 

If Biden jumps in everyone else is second place. Old "creepy man" Biden. 😂

the DNC hit gold with Obama. A marketable young senator with a great slogan. Seems to be striking out more often now. Hillary was a pretty bad candidate. Biden would just be meh. I want someone young and new. It's new blood time. 

17 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaeldurkheimer/2019/04/17/5-weird-items-in-the-new-bernie-buttigieg-poll/?fbclid=IwAR2zNmvTjYyMIch2TV1Pjrayy-4ffTFwLe3hmPATsFpHwEoPw_GMg4vyRsQ#caa1cff7ddd1

Archived