Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

15 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I find it funny that we cast off the whole coal industry and the workers it employs yet when it comes to the health care industry we are all like “what about their jobs?”

We didn’t make a decision to instantly kill the coal industry creating millions of jobless Americans. It was gradual and was a result of years of technological and scientific advancements that steadily killed the coal industry 

And there are policies proposed that still would help place former and current coal employees into new jobs and training programs for other jobs. 

28 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

We didn’t make a decision to instantly kill the coal industry creating millions of jobless Americans. It was gradual and was a result of years of technological and scientific advancements that steadily killed the coal industry 

And there are policies proposed that still would help place former and current coal employees into new jobs and training programs for other jobs. 

My thought was more of, if it isn’t needed any longer then why pay all this extra money to keep it around?

Of course there’s all the vested interest that the workers, managers, CEO’s of all of these companies (both coal and health care) have to make sure the same systems continue.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

I find it funny that we cast off the whole coal industry and the workers it employs yet when it comes to the health care industry we are all like “what about their jobs?”

I'd argue we should giving education subsidies for coal workers now, but I don't hear about that either.

It's another reason I like @twa sig, policy should be judged by its results, not its intentions.

3 minutes ago, Larry said:

They don't have a Trump. 

Sometimes they have an Obama. 

Do they have one now?

You know, the guy that knocked Hillary off the first time. :ols:

I think Biden is the only one that might stop Kamala, and I hear his knees are weak.

8 minutes ago, twa said:

Do they have one now?

You know, the guy that knocked Hillary off the first time. :ols:

I think Biden is the only one that might stop Kamala, and I hear his knees are weak.

Bernie has a *massive* advantage in the primary and it’s going to be tough for anyone else to overcome it with a field this crowded. 

In that way, he’s like Trump was in 2015-2016. He’s locked up his 20% of whatever of the primary voters while everyone else is scrapping and clawing for their 8%. 

Just now, skinsfan_1215 said:

Bernie has a *massive* advantage in the primary and it’s going to be tough for anyone else to overcome it with a field this crowded. 

In that way, he’s like Trump was in 2015-2016. He’s locked up his 20% of whatever of the primary voters while everyone else is scrapping and clawing for their 8%. 

Where the votes go as the others crater will be critical, Bernie will start fast....but will he finish her?

Biden is the wild card that could enable a Bernie win.

3 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Yep.  The entire Coal thing has been approached by one side as it being dangerous, outdated, and something the gov't should help workers in that industry transition away from, possibly with renewable energy jobs.  The other side has tried to play up a sentimental angle on it and make the false claims of bringing a dying industry back for the sake of votes.

8 minutes ago, twa said:

Where the votes go as the others crater will be critical, Bernie will start fast....but will he finish her?

Biden is the wild card that could enable a Bernie win.

That’s interesting... I view Biden as the only real barrier to Bernie’s nomination. Nobody else is jumping out as the de facto centrist Dem candidate. 

28 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Bernie may end up being the delegate leader but if the vote is spread out among say 4-5 candidates; noone will have the nomination locked up before the convention.

Bernie can follow a path similar to Trump but for Brenie to get the nomination before the convention; he has to knock out everyone.  The Dems allocate their votes proportionally, not winner take all.  So, Brnie could win a state but others could rack up delegates.

Bernie has to go beyond his young kids base.  The African American vote is key in many states.  At the moment, Bernie is the front runner.  Will that last once the actual voting occurs?   I don't view Biden as his primary challenger.  Biden isn't going to go to far. Kamala, Beto and Mayor Pete are ones most likely to challenge Bernie.

24 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

That’s interesting... I view Biden as the only real barrier to Bernie’s nomination. Nobody else is jumping out as the de facto centrist Dem candidate. 

Kamala is centrist, female and capable....Biden getting in might enable Bernie(cause it will get rough :evil:}

5 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Bernie may end up being the delegate leader but if the vote is spread out among say 4-5 candidates; noone will have the nomination locked up before the convention.

I disagree. With the way the 2020 primary schedule is there should be a nominee or clear front runner by Super Tuesday or soon after. Just way to many delegates available early this go round for it to go all the way to the convention. Even if the vote is split between multiple candidates. 

1 hour ago, clietas said:

I disagree. With the way the 2020 primary schedule is there should be a nominee or clear front runner by Super Tuesday or soon after. Just way to many delegates available early this go round for it to go all the way to the convention. Even if the vote is split between multiple candidates. 

We'll have to wait and see.  It could be possible Bernie doesn't get 20% as you Bernie supporters believe.  What if 4 or 5 candidates win double digit votes? 

While your belief is possible it's also possible that voters like several candidates.   One candidate does well in the Midwest, one in the South, etc.. Also, since the votes are allocated proportionally; if the candidate wins a certain percentage of the vote, they will still rack up delegates.  We'll see.  FEbruary is so far.

https://www.uspresidentialelectionnews.com/2020-presidential-primary-schedule-calendar/

Here's the current schedule:

Mon
Feb 3
Iowa caucusesDEMOCRATIC: Closed
Tue
Feb 11
New HampshireDEMOCRATIC: Mixed
Sat
Feb 22
Nevada caucusesDEMOCRATIC: Closed
Sat
Feb 29
South CarolinaDEMOCRATIC: Open
Tue
Mar 3
AlabamaDEMOCRATIC: Open

ArkansasDEMOCRATIC: Open

CaliforniaDEMOCRATIC: Mixed

Democrats Abroad (to 3/10)DEMOCRATIC: Closed

MassachusettsDEMOCRATIC: Mixed

MinnesotaDEMOCRATIC: Open

North CarolinaDEMOCRATIC: Mixed

OklahomaDEMOCRATIC: Closed

TennesseeDEMOCRATIC: Open

TexasDEMOCRATIC: Open

UtahDEMOCRATIC: Open

VermontDEMOCRATIC: Open

VirginiaDEMOCRATIC: Open
Sat
Mar 7
LouisianaDEMOCRATIC: Closed
Sun
Mar 8
Maine caucusDEMOCRATIC: Closed

Puerto Rico caucusREPUBLICAN: Closed
Tue
Mar 10
Hawaii caucusesREPUBLICAN: Closed

IdahoDEMOCRATIC: Open

MichiganDEMOCRATIC: Open

MississippiDEMOCRATIC: Open

MissouriDEMOCRATIC: Open

North Dakota caucusesDEMOCRATIC: Closed

OhioDEMOCRATIC: Mixed

WashingtonDEMOCRATIC: Mixed
Tue
Mar 17
ArizonaDEMOCRATIC: Closed

FloridaDEMOCRATIC: Closed

IllinoisDEMOCRATIC: Open
Sat
Apr 4
Alaska caucusesDEMOCRATIC: Closed

Hawaii caucusesDEMOCRATIC: Closed
Tue
Apr 7
WisconsinDEMOCRATIC: Open
Tue
Apr 28
ConnecticutDEMOCRATIC: Closed

DelawareDEMOCRATIC: Closed

MarylandDEMOCRATIC: Closed

PennsylvaniaDEMOCRATIC: Closed

Rhode IslandDEMOCRATIC: Mixed
Tue
May 5
IndianaDEMOCRATIC: Open
Tue
May 12
NebraskaREPUBLICAN: Open

West VirginiaDEMOCRATIC: Mixed
Tue
May 19
KentuckyDEMOCRATIC: Closed

OregonDEMOCRATIC: Closed
Tue
Jun 2
MontanaDEMOCRATIC: Open

New JerseyDEMOCRATIC: Mixed

New MexicoDEMOCRATIC: Closed

South DakotaDEMOCRATIC: Closed
Sun
Jun 7
Puerto RicoDEMOCRATIC: Open
Tue
Jun 16
Washington, DCDEMOCRATIC: Closed

‘Bernie or Bust’ Voters Create Predicament for Democrats in 2020

Read that article and those Sanders voters who felt having Trump was better than Clinton are idiots.  It's better to go to the destruction caused by Trump, then suffer though establishment Hillary; who's the pockets of  corporations anyway.

You know, if Hillary won; odds are the Dems would've won back a narrow Senate.  That means Merrick Garland would've been confirmed. Kavanaugh wouldn't be on the court. RGB would've retired.  All the incompement judges Mitch is ramming through; wouldn't have happened.

No, you probably wouldn't have gotten the huge change you want but you also wouldn't suffered the damages of Trump.

We may not know for years. how much damage the Trump administration actually has done.

Some of those people after seeing 2 years of Trump are planning to do the same thing, if Bernie isn't the nominee in 2020?

52 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

With this many nominees in the race, there isn't going to be the type of money to go around that can sustain this many folks. I imagine at least half will drop out relatively quickly once the campaign season gets into full gear.

By the time voting occurs, if maybe more than half. They are 16 candidates now and if Joe enters the race after Easter, it will be 17.

MD Congressman John Delaney - Has money. So he can stay at least until voting starts. Since he got in first, I think he stays at least until NH and Iowa.

Tech Entrepenuer Andrew Yang - Has money. Probably stays in race until at least NH and Iowa.

MA Senator Elizabeth Warren - Will be there for IA and NH but if she doesn't win delegates, she could drop out.

HI Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard - Will be gone after June's debate.

Former San Antonio Mayor/ US HUD Secretary Julian Castro - Will be gone after June or July's debate.

NY Senator Kirsten Gillibrand - Will be gone after June or July's debate.

CA Senator Kamala Harris - She will be one of the finalists.

South Bend, IN Mayor Pete Buttigieg - He will be one of the finalists.

NJ Senator Cory Booker - I think he drops out by end of the year.

MN Senator Amy Klobuchar - I think she drops out by the end of the year.

VT Senator Bernie Sanders - One of the finalists

WA Governor Jay Inslee - Will be gone after the July debate.

Former CO Governor John Hickenlooper - Will be gone after the June Debate.

Former TX Congressman Beto O’Rourke - One of the finalists

Ohio Congressman Tim Ryan - Will be gone after the first debate

CA Congressman Eric Swalwell - Will be gone after the first debate

I think Bernie, Lizzy, Beto, Kamala, Joe, Pete will be the candidates that actually make it into the new year. Yang and Delaney, will be there for the first 2 states but will be gone after that.

Booker, Gilligrand, Castro and Klobuchar have to do well in the debates and catch fire or they won't make it to 2020.

On the GOP side, Bill Weld drops out after New Hampshire; when Trump crushes him.

Archived