Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

2 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Trump definitely knows how the world works. He exploits that knowledge for his own personal gain. He was able to convince people to vote for him. He was ble to play the electoral college like a fiddle. He was able to make hundreds of millions of dollars. He was able to skirt the legal system.  He is able to lie right to people’s faces and have them eat it up. He is able to trash american heros and spout off hate-speech and his party trembles in fear and praises him... 

And you defend that ****, like you're throwing it at me. 

You best back off. 

38 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

And you defend that ****, like you're throwing it at me. 

You best back off. 

I don't think CC84's post was designed to compliment Trump.

I can understand the reasons why people voted for Trump from a policy perspective, but what I don't get are the people who continue to outright celebrate the man. The most you'll get is the sheepish "Yeah, I kinda wish he'd stop tweeting" but in the same breath "well, I don't really pay attention to that." And then they'll go back to the "what was the alternative?" and "Hillary should be in jail" stuff.  As if Trump continually being a jackass is going to somehow magically transfer Hillary to jail, and I do mention to these folks that, even if they are dead set to vote GOP in 2020, there likely WILL be a primary alternative, be it Weld, Hogan, whoever.  But they'll find any excuse...……………... 

1 hour ago, Larry said:

Does that include the teachers who teach people about the things that the federal government does and doesn't have the authority to do?  :) 

it does have the authority to give people money once approved, in fact it does a lot of it.

but I agree it can't force the states to do so.....at least directly.

Certainly not a bad hook for Kamala with that crowd here (many of which probably just  got back from the Austin trip to protest teacher pay)

10 minutes ago, visionary said:

but just a  few posts above he endorsed choice as a prerequisite for freedom.

I guess the choice to end someones existence is more important (to freedom)  than the choice of who can marry if we decide they should live that long.

3 minutes ago, visionary said:

Not a bad line. Reminds people about the importance of the SC. (And the Right's attacks on it). 

Certainly dont think it can be his only signature issue or line. But it's not bad. 

1 minute ago, twa said:

I guess the choice to end someones existence is more important than the choice of who can marry if we decide they should live that long.

Reproductive freedom extends beyond abortion, dingbat. 

1 hour ago, Larry said:

Does that include the teachers who teach people about the things that the federal government does and doesn't have the authority to do?  :) 

15 minutes ago, twa said:

it does have the authority to give people money once approved, in fact it does a lot of it.

but I agree it can't force the states to do so.....at least directly.

Certainly not a bad hook for Kamala with that crowd here (many of which probably just  got back from the DC trip to protest teacher pay)

Yeah, it would have to be a condition to receiving federal dollars.  How would the numbers work I wonder?  Fed govt funds about 10% of K-12 spending.  About 80% of the spending goes to salaries and benefits.  So rough math is feds funding about 8% of salaries and benefits.  I think teachers lag those with comparable education in pay in private sector by 10%, so feds will have to double federal spending on education to bridge the gap all on it's own, about another 60 to 70 billion per year.

1 minute ago, skinsmarydu said:

Reproductive freedom extends beyond abortion, dingbat. 

Certainly, so I guess he was talking artificial insemination?

Choice of birth control meds?

I know, Free ****....that's freedom right? 

2 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Yeah, it would have to be a condition to receiving federal dollars.  How would the numbers work I wonder?  Fed govt funds about 10% of K-12 spending.  About 80% of the spending goes to salaries and benefits.  So rough math is feds funding about 8% of salaries and benefits.  I think teachers lag those with comparable education in pay in private sector by 10%, so feds will have to double federal spending on education to bridge the gap all on it's own, about another 60 to 70 billion per year.

or individual grants,tax credits ect

but yeah it is a chunk of change

2 minutes ago, twa said:

Certainly, so I guess he was talking artificial insemination?

Choice of birth control meds?

I know, Free ****....that's freedom right? 

Oh, I don't know...maybe keeping the company one works for out of it could be a start...just off the top of my head...

1 minute ago, skinsmarydu said:

Oh, I don't know...maybe keeping the company one works for out of it could be a start...just off the top of my head...

Sure you don't mean making sure the company funds whatever choice?

you(generic) don't want them out of it, just to shut up and pay for whatever

25 minutes ago, twa said:

I guess the choice to end someones existence is more important (to freedom)  than the choice of who can marry if we decide they should live that long.

Aren't they both choices that he's advocating that people should have?  (Though I wouldn't quite describe reproductive freedom that way, haha). Maybe I'm misreading something?

5 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Aren't they both choices that he's advocating that people should have?  (Though I wouldn't quite describe reproductive freedom that way, haha). Maybe I'm misreading something?

choosing one removes the opportunity of choice from the other, ya can't have a SSM if you are no longer alive

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I've changed the title of thread. 😭  I believe 2020 will be a futile attempt to defeat Trump.  Only thing that could stop him now, is a recession when the voting happens.

Him and his party also got historically trounced in the last mid term election despite this “strong economy”. 

Fundamentally, nothing has changed between 2016 and 2018. The parts of the country that continue to prosper are not the ones who voted for this clown and those that barely gave him enough votes to win in the EC are facing the same issues they did back in 2016.

I hang my hat on the fact that most of the country just ****ing hates Trump as a person and wants to see him lose. And there isnt anything barr or muller can say to change that. 

Hes the bad guy. Im going to continue to believe most folks still understand that. 

4 hours ago, Llevron said:

I hang my hat on the fact that most of the country just ****ing hates Trump as a person and wants to see him lose. And there isnt anything barr or muller can say to change that. 

Hes the bad guy. Im going to continue to believe most folks still understand that. 

Give it time. I was 100% certain people would wake up in '16.

All the last nearly 3 years have done is make this **** feel normal. I have minimal confidence in Americans to do what needs to be done anymore.  We are nearly beyond saving.

Archived