Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

Would this be too simple? States move to "open primaries" and then people like me (registered Rep, but anti-Trump, left/right based on issue) could vote for a more moderate and well rounded candidate who then opposes Trump, and I will vote for them. More complicated - we need a computer algorithm to draw district lines. 

Note : the alternative is not that I would vote for Trump.....that will NEVER happen. But what would happen is that I end up going third party or "write-in". 

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

My understanding is the recent buzz about Abrams is she’s gonna be Biden’s early VP pick or something. 

And if he does that. I really hope his speech is NOT focused around her being female. I love me some Biden, and will be very surprised if I didn't end up voting for him. But one of the worst things he could do to turn me off.....is putting a woman in a position just because she is a woman. I don't want to be pacified.....I want to see a VP that truly compliments and challenges him. A ying & yang. She may very well be that, and I hope if he goes that direction he does her service in focusing on her merits, and not her gender. 

3 minutes ago, thegreaterbuzzette said:

And if he does that. I really hope his speech is NOT focused around her being female. I love me some Biden, and will be very surprised if I didn't end up voting for him. But one of the worst things he could do to turn me off.....is putting a woman in a position just because she is a woman. I don't want to be pacified.....I want to see a VP that truly compliments and challenges him. A ying & yang. She may very well be that, and I hope if he goes that direction he does her service in focusing on her merits, and not her gender. 

Agree. Seems like a dumb stunt based on tokenism. And im a big Stacey Abrams fan. 

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Agree. Seems like a dumb stunt based on tokenism. And im a big Stacey Abrams fan. 

I don't know much about her.

At this point its like College Ball....as much as I try, the roster is just too large for me to really get into it. I need to wait and see how things shake out once they are entering the major leagues before I start placing my bets. 

44 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Alright, so let's get this train back on the tracks. 

Any new Dems entering the race in the next few weeks besides Biden or have we reached the point of this is the field?

I was going to say Stacey Abrams. She appears to be Bidens not so secret weapon now unfortunately. 

40 minutes ago, thegreaterbuzzette said:

Would this be too simple? States move to "open primaries" and then people like me (registered Rep, but anti-Trump, left/right based on issue) could vote for a more moderate and well rounded candidate who then opposes Trump, and I will vote for them. More complicated - we need a computer algorithm to draw district lines. 

Note : the alternative is not that I would vote for Trump.....that will NEVER happen. But what would happen is that I end up going third party or "write-in". 

Not sure I understand this.

If you're a registered democrat or republican I dont think you should be allowed to vote in the oppositions primary. Independents absolutely. Dems n Reps tho could lead to absolute sabotage of the opposition in the primaries. 

3 minutes ago, clietas said:

If you're a registered democrat or republican I dont think you should be allowed to vote in the oppositions primary. Independents absolutely. Dems n Reps tho could lead to absolute sabotage of the opposition in the primaries. 

I'd be happy even with them allowing Indep/NPA. Most states, they don't get to participate in primaries at all. But honestly.....is the false negative really a threat? Do you really think tons of Rep would be willing to give up their vote for their Rep. Primary choice to vote instead for a Dem? If so, couldn't they just register as the other party and do the same thing? 

1 minute ago, thegreaterbuzzette said:

I'd be happy even with them allowing Indep/NPA. Most states, they don't get to participate in primaries at all. But honestly.....is the false negative really a threat? Do you really think tons of Rep would be willing to give up their vote for their Rep. Primary choice to vote instead for a Dem? If so, couldn't they just register as the other party and do the same thing? 

I think it would certainly encourage it. You're right nothing is stoping someone from switching parties to do so. I just wouldn't want to make it easier. 

1 hour ago, thegreaterbuzzette said:

Open primaries? You'll have to ask Trythebeal how that can work out. it made him only 1 of 2 who regularly posts here who voted for Trump and the only one who did so enthusiastically (fairly certain TWA was not an enthusiastic supporter).   

21 minutes ago, thegreaterbuzzette said:

Out of curiosity....what's your stance on requiring IDs to vote?

Hate it. I consider it a form of voter supression. 

Voter impersonation is extremely rare. It's estimated that 50+ million have been prevented from registering to vote due to these suppression efforts. It largely effects the poor, minorities, and military members serving overseas.

58 minutes ago, clietas said:

Remember Trythebeal the boards' only 2016 enthusiastic Trump supporter? 

2 minutes ago, clietas said:

Voter impersonation is extremely rare. It's estimated that 50+ million have been prevented from registering to vote due to these suppression efforts. It largely effects the poor, minorities, and military members serving overseas.

Require IDs to vote and then close down the DMVs in minority and poor neighborhoods. Oops, sorry about that 

1 minute ago, clietas said:

Do you not see the irony in this? 

You don't believe primaries should be fully open for any registered voter to be able to vote for the candidate they feel best represents the party they are affiliated, because "people are corrupt and will abuse it" but requiring someone to prove they are in fact who they are when casting a vote is "a form of voter suppression". 

This right here shows how both sides are so crooked that they talk out the side of their head to fit their narrative. And this is a large reason why there are so many of us voters that are fed up and don't like either of the candidates that either major party ends up putting up.

1 minute ago, thegreaterbuzzette said:

Do you not see the irony in this? 

You don't believe primaries should be fully open for any registered voter to be able to vote for the candidate they feel best represents the party they are affiliated, because "people are corrupt and will abuse it" but requiring someone to prove they are in fact who they are when casting a vote is "a form of voter suppression". 

This right here shows how both sides are so crooked that they talk out the side of their head to fit their narrative. And this is a large reason why there are so many of us voters that are fed up and don't like either of the candidates that either major party ends up putting up.

There's no evidence of voter impersonation tho. 

Archived