Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

Mr. Biden and his top advisers are considering nodding to the rising next generation in Democratic politics — and elevating an heir — by announcing a running mate early, well before the nomination is sealed. Also under discussion is a possible pledge to serve only one term and framing Mr. Biden’s 2020 campaign as a one-time rescue mission for a beleaguered country, according to multiple party officials.

Let's stop with all these dumb gimmicks. Just try to win the primary first.

23 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Let's stop with all these dumb gimmicks. Just try to win the primary first.

Picking veep early is a gimmick.

Telling people, he would serve one term; would acknowledge his age and possibly ease doubts among younger voters. 

He can say, I maybe the best person to beat Trump; in thus extraordinary situation. Let's beat Trump and I'll serve only a term and then a younger person can run and win in 2024.

I would rather Biden run on why he would be the best president than run on I'm the best shot to beat Trump.  And if you're too old to run for a second term, why isn't he too old to run for the first term?  Isn't that why we have a vice president?  

21 minutes ago, bearrock said:

I would rather Biden run on why he would be the best president than run on I'm the best shot to beat Trump.  And if you're too old to run for a second term, why isn't he too old to run for the first term?  Isn't that why we have a vice president?  

Agree with this.  Biden looks fine from a health perspective.  My issue with his age isn't that he's physically too old, it's that he's ideologically too old.  But if he wins, I see no reason to term-limit him, and if he's fine after the first 3 years (assuming he wins), why piss away the huge incumbency advantage?

Pete is right. “I’m with Her” was a remarkably dumb campaign slogan, as was “Stronger Together”. It’s stupid that these things matter but you work with what you have: a country with a ridiculous thigh percentage of disengaged and  low information voters. We don’t take our democracy seriously, so dumb things end up making a difference. 

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Agree with this.  Biden looks fine from a health perspective.  My issue with his age isn't that he's physically too old, it's that he's ideologically too old.  But if he wins, I see no reason to term-limit him, and if he's fine after the first 3 years (assuming he wins), why piss away the huge incumbency advantage?

Isn't he basically in the same age range as Trump? And Trump is a fat turd. Biden at least looks to be in decent shape.

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Isn't he basically in the same age range as Trump? And Trump is a fat turd. Biden at least looks to be in decent shape.

Trump is 72, Biden is 76.  Biden does look to be in okay shape, but by the time he finished a first term, he'd be 82.  86 if he completed a second term.  Given how bad the Presidency ages a person (when they actually give a **** about their awesome responsibility), he'd functionally be like 115.*  Again, physical age isn't a deal-breaker for me, but it's a consideration.  

*This is not a serious calculation.  I'm just making numbers up.

Archived