Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

25 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I know I kept it in my old email (which I can't get into), and I have no desktop anymore (which would make a search significantly easier. )

It's a great article, tho...

Don’t worry about it

there are a bunch of articles about Biden being a clown.

I will find that topic eventually.

5 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I think probably the only thing that could get me to vote for trump over a Dem (other than banning all guns) is running on eliminating the EC. 

Though, much like a total gun ban, I see very little chance of it actually happening. 

Which is fine since the GOP can't win a national popular vote election. 😁

But seriously... you're saying you're a 1 issue voter? 

11 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I think probably the only thing that could get me to vote for trump over a Dem (other than banning all guns) is running on eliminating the EC. 

Though, much like a total gun ban, I see very little chance of it actually happening. 

What state do you live in again?

22 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

You know what's even stupider?  Saying you want to change it.  

Even if you get past the notion of 2/3 of both houses of Congress voting for it, what do you think are the odds of 38 states voting for a constitutional amendment that will make 28 of them count less in all future Presidential elections?  

1 minute ago, Larry said:

You know what's even stupider?  Saying you want to change it.  

Even if you get past the notion of 2/3 of both houses of Congress voting for it, what do you think are the odds of 38 states voting for a constitutional amendment that will make 28 of them count less in all future Presidential elections?  

Read the article.  It doesn't require a constitutional amendment.  

In any event, saying something is dumb and should change isn't, itself, dumb just because the change is unlikely.  

34 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Which is fine since the GOP can't win a national popular vote election. 😁

But seriously... you're saying you're a 1 issue voter? 

No.  Notice I mentioned guns also.  I consider many topics with some being more important than others.   Getting rid of EC would probably get me very close to being a one-issue voter though.

26 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

What state do you live in again?

Live in or vote in?  B)

22 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Read the article.  It doesn't require a constitutional amendment.  

In any event, saying something is dumb and should change isn't, itself, dumb just because the change is unlikely.  

From what I've been reading, whether it would require an amendment or not is debatable.

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Florida

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2017-03-14/whose-votes-count-least-in-the-electoral-college

To find the relative weight of a vote in each state, I divided each state's electoral vote total by the total number of ballots cast in that state, and then divided again by the exact fraction of an Electoral College vote accorded the average American voter (roughly four millionths). Let's call this the "vote weight," or simply the weight.

Note that, in a hypothetical system where the total electoral vote for each state equals the precise fraction of the total nationwide ballots cast in that state, votes in all states would be assigned weights of one, the same as in a national popular vote.

My calculations show voters in Wyoming did indeed receive the most weight, 2.97, for their votes. Voters in Florida came out on the bottom, with a voting weight of just 0.78. The weight given to the votes in Louisiana exactly matched the national average of one.

Congrats, the EC means you really only have 4/5 of a vote for President. 

Archived