Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

1 minute ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I remembering getting laughed out when I said anyone who is an independent after Trump was full of dog poop. I’m glad some of you are coming around to that.

Yep, I'm registered as such. 

I've been called a bleeding heart liberal. I believe in the Democratic agenda. 

Bring on the ambulance. If not wanting people to have to die in the streets (food security, etc.) can't be a normal and rational goal, everything sucks. 

49 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

If a Dem said they're running on making DC a state would that lose your vote then? What about Puerto Rico? Virgin Islands?

Without having done any real research or put much thought into it, I would say no it would not not lose my vote.  

Also, any reason you left Guam off the lost?

So you have one regarding a gun policy even people on the Left said was too far.  And it was from January.  Once a week must have different meanings between us.  The second me saying what I wanted in a candidate.  I'm pretty sure that is allowed.  Never said I would only vote for Biden.  I was just making the case why I liked him.  The third was addressing the cost of healthcare and I said not having a plan to pay for it was a negative.  Is your position that I can't disagree at all?  So congrats, you got 1 more from a couple months ago.  You really showed me.

35 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

But like, you're fine with a $1.5 trillion tax cut for the richest people in the world paid for by fantasy economic growth that literally every economist said would not happen, and did not happen. 

Nope.  Pretty sure I've come out against it.  I'd challenge you to go find where I supported it but your last attempt already missed that mark.

It's not rolling the dice, it's just not targeting you. 

My point is that not targeting people like me IS rolling the dice.  Especially since I vote in one of the only 6 states that matter apparently.

Any response to the rest of my long post?  Here it is again:

I didn't think it warranted a response.  I assumed it was hyperbole.  But since you are apparently serious, would you like me to go quote myself where I specifically said the exact opposite?

Apparently it was where you said I make a claim every week that was a ****ing lie hyperbole.

14 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Guam too. Just got tired of typing.

I figured.  Honestly, I haven't really put a lot of thought into either subject because I haven't seen a real honest push for them that I thought had a chance.  So I could be swayed either way.  But I don't think either would be a foot-down issue for me.

47 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

So you have one regarding a gun policy even people on the Left said was too far.  And it was from January.  Once a week must have different meanings between us.  The second me saying what I wanted in a candidate.  I'm pretty sure that is allowed.  Never said I would only vote for Biden.  I was just making the case why I liked him.  The third was addressing the cost of healthcare and I said not having a plan to pay for it was a negative.  Is your position that I can't disagree at all?  So congrats, you got 1 more from a couple months ago.  You really showed me.

Nope.  Pretty sure I've come out against it.  I'd challenge you to go find where I supported it but your last attempt already missed that mark.

My point is that not targeting people like me IS rolling the dice.  Especially since I vote in one of the only 6 states that matter apparently.

I didn't think it warranted a response.  I assumed it was hyperbole.  But since you are apparently serious, would you like me to go quote myself where I specifically said the exact opposite?

Apparently it was where you said I make a claim every week that was a ****ing lie hyperbole.

LOL. Yes, it was slight hyperbole (which should have been clear to everyone reading it), but it was also truthful. Point is, you and people like you are not the type of people any Democrat candidate should spend valuable time and resources targeting. You are going to find an excuse not to vote for the Democrat nominee even though the other choice is historically awful.  You’ve already said as much, even if you don’t realize it.  That isn’t rolling dice, that is strategically using scarce resources where they generate the most votes. This is very basic political science. Im sorry if it upsets you, and im sure you disagree that you aren’t a voter that both sides should be fawning over. But you aren’t. 

Finally, yes please quote yourself where you have said that Trump is so terrible that you will definitely vote for the person that has a chance to actually defeat him (i.e, the Dem nominee). 

Give it up libs! This article says strong economy going to propel Trump to a 2020 landslide, with the article citing one guy projecting Trump winning with a BLOWOUT 294 electoral votes, which Trump will tout as the biggest electoral margin in US history (despite that it wouldn't even be as big as 2016):

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/21/trump-economy-election-1230495

4 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Yes, it was slight hyperbole (which should have been clear to everyone reading it), but it was also truthful.

I figured you didn't literally mean every week.  But I thought you meant more than ONCE other than these two that have been in the last day or so.

5 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

int is, you and people like you are not the type of people any Democrat candidate should spend valuable time and resources targeting. You are going to find an excuse not to vote for the Democrat nominee even though the other choice is historically awful.

And I think you are wrong here.  In my opinion, 95% of the Dem base doesn't need any more motivation than they already have in the person at 1600 Penn.  They need to get the others, especially those that voted 3rd party/stayed home last cycle.  Those are the ones that wouldn't vote for Trump last time and felt Hillary had it in the bag.  

There have, to date, been 3 things I have said would be a no deal for me:  a gun law that would ban 80% of guns in circulation (no shocker here considering my posting history regarding guns), getting rid of the EC because it didn't work like you wanted (didn't work like I wanted either, we've discussed this), and expanding the SC because you don't like the current set of judges and want to water them down.  The last two, it isn't even so much that I am against them as the reason WHY you want to get rid of/change them, especially with the latter.

Again, roll the dice (though admittedly going either way is a roll of the dice) just don't piss and moan about the results. 

14 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Finally, yes please quote yourself where you have said that Trump is so terrible that you will definitely vote for the person that has a chance to actually defeat him (i.e, the Dem nominee). 

I was referring to the part you bolded (I assumed that was where your main point was).  So as to that point, here ya go (in fact, it was in response to you):

I think the way the EC is could use some tweaking

8 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

In my opinion, 95% of the Dem base doesn't need any more motivation than they already have in the person at 1600 Penn. 

Shows what you know.  The Dem base that supported the losers in the primary will say that Jimmy said something mean about Sally during recess and they aren't gonna vote in the general election until the Dem nominee woo them with a dinner and a movie.  And an eternal pledge of loyalty and acknowledgment that they are right and that whoever disagrees is wrong.    

17 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I figured you didn't literally mean every week.  But I thought you meant more than ONCE other than these two that have been in the last day or so.

And I think you are wrong here.  In my opinion, 95% of the Dem base doesn't need any more motivation than they already have in the person at 1600 Penn.  They need to get the others, especially those that voted 3rd party/stayed home last cycle.  Those are the ones that wouldn't vote for Trump last time and felt Hillary had it in the bag.  

“The base” no.  They need to get people that dont normally vote AND are natural Dem voters and people that are just horrified by Trump. There are a ton of those voters. Millions. They did this extremely well in 2018. 

There have, to date, been 3 things I have said would be a no deal for me:  a gun law that would ban 80% of guns in circulation (no shocker here considering my posting history regarding guns), getting rid of the EC because it didn't work like you wanted (didn't work like I wanted either, we've discussed this), and expanding the SC because you don't like the current set of judges and want to water them down.  The last two, it isn't even so much that I am against them as the reason WHY you want to get rid of/change them, especially with the latter.

You said a restriction on clip size wouls lose your vote. It’s quoted above. ALL of the Dems are going to push that and more for gun control. Ipso facto, you aren’t voting Dem. 

You are now unfortunately stuck with the position you took on the EC, even though it was clear that you did not understand the issue and never gave any support for your position. I gave you a pass on posting sonething to the effect of “lets just say i want to keep it because of all the reasons to keep it,” but you aren’t actually fooling anyone. 

Again, roll the dice (though admittedly going either way is a roll of the dice) just don't piss and moan about the results. 

The results in 2018 were very good. Guess what, the Dems didn’t win thanks to white, male gun nuts who think Trump is kinda okay. 

I was referring to the part you bolded (I assumed that was where your main point was).  So as to that point, here ya go (in fact, it was in response to you):

Nope. The obvious point was that Trump has done many awful things that nobody should support and everyone should be legitimately horrified by, and you are acting like some changes to the EC to make elections outcomes actually reflect the majority is important to your decision. 

You are being a vote diva. 

49 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

LOL. Yes, it was slight hyperbole (which should have been clear to everyone reading it), but it was also truthful. Point is, you and people like you are not the type of people any Democrat candidate should spend valuable time and resources targeting. You are going to find an excuse not to vote for the Democrat nominee even though the other choice is historically awful.  You’ve already said as much, even if you don’t realize it.  That isn’t rolling dice, that is strategically using scarce resources where they generate the most votes. This is very basic political science. Im sorry if it upsets you, and im sure you disagree that you aren’t a voter that both sides should be fawning over. But you aren’t. 

i agree with buzz here, mostly because he and i are in the same political boat, which i would describe as not trump fans, lean conservative on some issues but liberal on others. i dont know how people like us arent exactly the kind of people the dems should be trying to win. 

2 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I remembering getting laughed out when I said anyone who is an independent after Trump was full of dog poop. I’m glad some of you are coming around to that.

i'm an independent because of trump. 

51 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Give it up libs! This article says strong economy going to propel Trump to a 2020 landslide, with the article citing one guy projecting Trump winning with a BLOWOUT 294 electoral votes, which Trump will tout as the biggest electoral margin in US history (despite that it wouldn't even be as big as 2016):

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/21/trump-economy-election-1230495

Well, presidential reelection do have a long history of being referenda on the sitting POTUS. And by far the #1 factor is how well the voters think the economy is doing. 

The sitting POTUS, with a good economy, is tough to beat. 

I've switched to my phone so this will be short.

23 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

You said a restriction on clip size wouls lose your vote. It’s quoted above. ALL of the Dems are going to push that and more for gun control. Ipso facto, you aren’t voting Dem

It was the fact that the wanted to limit it to 10 round capacity for any firearm..  That would ban roughly 80% of the guns in most peoples homes.  Has any Dem been running on something that drastic?  If so, please let me know 

You are now unfortunately stuck with the position you took on the EC, even though it was clear that you did not understand the issue. I gave you a pass on posting sonething to the effect of “lets just say i want to keep it because of all the reasons to keep it,” but you aren’t actually fooling anyone.

I understand it well.  In fact if I remember correctly, you and I were the only ones to point out that the EC is more than just the number of EC voters but is supposed to be a check on the vote of the public (pretty much should have overruled the vote for trump).  Now I politely ask that you don't put words in my mouth.  I have no trouble coming up with my own.

The results in 2018 were very good. Guess what, the Dems didn’t win thanks to white, male gun nuts who think Trump is kinda okay. 

Mostly true.  Though I'm not sure if you are aware but running for Congress is different that running for POTUS (I'm pretty sure you know that).  Also, it seems you are referring to me here.  If so, please do not insinuate I think trump is kinda okay, or that I have any support for him.  I consider it insulting. 

Nope. The obvious point was that Trump has done many awful things that nobody should support and everyone should be legitimately horrified by, and you are acting like some changes to the EC to make elections outcomes actually reflect the majority is important to your decision

Oh.  I assumed the obvious point was the part you obviously bolded.  My apologies. But for the record, these aren't "some changes" but abolishing the EC.  Maybe you forgot that part.

And you're kinda being a jerk.  Particularly in the manner in which you have mischaracterized my statements, embellished them, or just made crap up.  Then used those items to act like I'm some sort of closet trump supporter.  

You and I have had numerous debates where we clearly made points, used facts, and didn't twist words.  We have even been on the same side of debates.  Maybe you're having a bad day but I don't think I've ever seen you debate in this manner.  You're better than this.

Edit:  apparently I should have said shorter than if I was on laptop.  That was longer than I expected. 

4 minutes ago, grego said:

i agree with buzz here, mostly because he and i are in the same political boat, which i would describe as not trump fans, lean conservative on some issues but liberal on others. i dont know how people like us arent exactly the kind of people the dems should be trying to win. 

I’ve already explained it. 

As ive also explained, everyone thinks their vote is important and they should get the attention. 

5 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I’ve already explained it. 

As ive also explained, everyone thinks their vote is important and they should get the attention. 

i hear ya but my question is, why do you want to 'win' democratic votes you already have? 

2 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Yep, I'm registered as such. 

I've been called a bleeding heart liberal. I believe in the Democratic agenda. 

Bring on the ambulance. If not wanting people to have to die in the streets (food security, etc.) can't be a normal and rational goal, everything sucks. 

I shoulda been clearer.

There are those that won’t register for a party but lean left or right and say as much.

im talking about the “I’m not sure how to feel about Trump and the Republican Party despite them trampling over fundamental rights” type like @nonniey.

Ya'll are having a conversation as if 40% of the population didn't vote because they didn't like Hillary Clinton or because Trump is an asshat.

I'm just going to throw out there that 40% (ish) of the population never votes. 

I'll also add that that the EC doesn't work if a candidate wins the majority without the majority of the votes. It worked for for the last century or so, but now is obsolete. 

2 minutes ago, Mooka said:

I'll also add that that the EC doesn't work if a candidate wins the majority without the majority of the votes. It worked for for the last century or so, but now is obsolete. 

Out of curiosity, what would be the point of the EC then?

15 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I've switched to my phone so this will be short.

It was the fact that the wanted to limit it to 10 round capacity for any firearm..  That would ban roughly 80% of the guns in most peoples homes.  Has any Dem been running on something that drastic?  If so, please let me know 

They will. Just wait. 

I understand it well.  In fact if I remember correctly, you and I were the only ones to point out that the EC is more than just the number of EC voters but is supposed to be a check on the vote of the public (pretty much should have overruled the vote for trump).  Now I politely ask that you don't put words in my mouth.  I have no trouble coming up with my own.

You dont. At least, nothing youve posted indicates you understand it. 

Mostly true.  Though I'm not sure if you are aware but running for Congress is different that running for POTUS (I'm pretty sure you know that).  Also, it seems you are referring to me here.  If so, please do not insinuate I think trump is kinda okay, or that I have any support for him.  I consider it insulting. 

Im sure you understand that it’s not 2016 anymore. 

And if you werent kinda okay with Trump, you wouldn’t be acting like any single issue is going to affect your vote. 

Oh.  I assumed the obvious point was the part you obviously bolded.  My apologies. But for the record, these aren't "some changes" but abolishing the EC.  Maybe you forgot that part.

And you're kinda being a jerk.  Particularly in the manner in which you have mischaracterized my statements, embellished them, or just made crap up.  Then used those items to act like I'm some sort of closet trump supporter.  

You and I have had numerous debates where we clearly made points, used facts, and didn't twist words.  We have even been on the same side of debates.  Maybe you're having a bad day but I don't think I've ever seen you debate in this manner.  You're better than this.

Edit:  apparently I should have said shorter than if I was on laptop.  That was longer than I expected. 

I think you are being a jerk. I said fence sitters arent the votes dems should be targeting and you evidently took offense, being a fence sitter. 

Dont get bent out of shape because i used clear hyperbole and you took it literally. 

33 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Well, I agree that he has dangled his vote a bunch of times going back before 2016 even.  I don't really think it's fair to beat up on him like this though, even it is is annoying.  

Also I'm not sure relying on left wing crazies who would rather vote for a third party or young people who aren't reliable votes is a good idea either.   The way to win is to hold reliable Dem voters and persuade independents who are likely to vote (both liberal and anti-Trump on the moderate-right). 

Archived