Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nazis showing up at places uninvited.

No Excuses

Sounds like they got outnumbered by a good bit by counter protestors.  It's odd to me that people like that just can't get a clue and look at themselves objectively, but not surprising, I guess.  Nazis are kinda like the guy you know who's been divorced like 3 or 4 times and you're thinking, "At what point is Steve gonna realize that he might be the problem?"

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Sounds like they got outnumbered by a good bit by counter protestors.  It's odd to me that people like that just can't get a clue and look at themselves objectively, but not surprising, I guess.  Nazis are kinda like the guy you know who's been divorced like 3 or 4 times and you're thinking, "At what point is Steve gonna realize that he might be the problem?"

Amateur pshrink, here. 

Part of that belief system is believing that for every Nazi who was out there, there's 1,000, 10,000 more. Who actually agree with you, but they've simply been cowed by an oppressive society into hiding the fact that they know you're right. (They just aren't as manly as you are). 

Part of it, I assume, is a defense mechanism. You have to believe that anybody with a brain agrees with you. Because the alternative is that you're a racist Nazi moron, and everybody thinks you're a freak. 

One of the disturbing things is that they're at least partially right. The fact that Donald Trump successfully won the GOP nomination, and then the Presidency, convinces me that yes, for every person who marched in that event, there's 10,000 people who think that being photographed standing next to a guy in a literal Nazi uniform is A Bad Look, but who has no trouble going into a voting booth and voting with the Nazi, anonymously.  

• Like 1

I think more than anything, the fact that 20 or so came out just shows how effective society has been to dissuade these folks from showing their faces in public.  The public shaming and attendant consequences from last year, significant legal actions being taken against them (much of it pro bono) during the past 12 months and, of course, the fact that their "leaders" are dumb trailer trash with no business trying to organize a group of any size.  

All of that despite their evidently having the support of the President.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The public pushback and shaming clearly had a beneficial effect.

You can thank our free press for that.

and for all the free advertising.

imo the press gives stupid groups more exposure than is warranted.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The public pushback and shaming clearly had a beneficial effect.

You can thank our free press for that.

and Twitter. I watch every day on twitter as Charlottesville racists are outted and then the subsequent news that they have been fired from their jobs.

Every single day new videos of white racists show up all sounding the exact same, and all so very contrite AFTER they suffered the wrath of the internet.

It is much better when no one knows the radical nazis and subversives.

we should never bring them to any sort of light or anything.

it only helps them when people see them and know they are there. i guess.

Press bad.  
Bad people not as bad as press bad for showing bad people being bad.

Rrrpublikn logik.

~Bang

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Charlottesville....just in case you want to pretend they all just disappeared.

Yeah, these people exist in the shadows. Those people yesterday were all basement dwelling losers. The real ones are still out there, doing God knows what.

Yesterday was a good sign, but this is far from over. Far from it. And there are a lot of these guys

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bang said:

Press bad.  
Bad people not as bad as press bad for showing bad people being bad.

Rrrpublikn logik.

~Bang

Yup, the press should be focusing on other issues rather than the same racist assholes who were behind the Charlottesville disgrace last year.

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah, these people exist in the shadows. Those people yesterday were all basement dwelling losers. The real ones are still out there, doing God knows what.

Yesterday was a good sign, but this is far from over. Far from it. And there are a lot of these guys

What we saw yesterday were the dumbest incels that are left in the movement, everyone else knows that they have to keep their jobs.

The really dangerous racists are the ones who wear suits to the office, whether corporate or elected, those jackasses would never dream of outing themselves at a rally like that, they know their power for subversion is best wielded behind the scenes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Charlottesville...maybe the press just should have stayed away.

Count me among those that think giving these guys too much press is bad.  Giving publicity to bad people often enough, helps them.  It certainly helped get a Trump elected.  15 morons in DC shouldn’t be able to pull that much free publicity.  A few hundred would still be a crowd unworthy of mention.  There are bigger gatherings in DC, for issues of greater significance, that get that almost no attention.  

I have no problem with individuals and bloggers covering these idiots and outting their identities.  If they want to march with Nazi banners, that part of their lives should intrude on the rest.  Let them see the smiles fade and opportunities disappear so they can experience a small taste of how unwelcoming hate makes the world.

If the major names with the largest audiences do cover the event, I’d prefer they focus entirely on the much larger crowd of counter protestors.  Show them, tell their stories.  Spread the good word.  After all, if thousands of people show up to stand against racism, while only 15 show up to stand for it, was it really a racist march?  Maybe in these instances we should let the larger crowd define the gathering. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Destino said:

Count me among those that think giving these guys too much press is bad.  Giving publicity to bad people often enough, helps them.  It certainly helped get a Trump elected.  15 morons in DC shouldn’t be able to pull that much free publicity.  A few hundred would still be a crowd unworthy of mention.  There are bigger gatherings in DC, for issues of greater significance, that get that almost no attention.  

I have no problem with individuals and bloggers covering these idiots and outting their identities.  If they want to march with Nazi banners, that part of their lives should intrude on the rest.  Let them see the smiles fade and opportunities disappear so they can experience a small taste of how unwelcoming hate makes the world.

If the major names with the largest audiences do cover the event, I’d prefer they focus entirely on the much larger crowd of counter protestors.  Show them, tell their stories.  Spread the good word.  After all, if thousands of people show up to stand against racism, while only 15 show up to stand for it, was it really a racist march?  Maybe in these instances we should let the larger crowd define the gathering. 

I'm fine with letting the larger crowd define the gathering, that's fine, but if the family reunion of 20 committed racists aren't shown then they would certainly claim their number was much higher. Hell we even had a President try to do that with is inauguration.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Bang said:

I am in two minds on this.

While I do not want them to get free publicity, I also think that outing people who have these views and making sure they hold no positions of power of influence is good for the society.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, twa said:

On this we agree! There has to be a balance, I dont know what it is. But I most media outlets don't either. I think MSNBC actually does a good job of it. 

18 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

I'm fine with letting the larger crowd define the gathering, that's fine, but if the family reunion of 20 committed racists aren't shown then they would certainly claim their number was much higher. Hell we even had a President try to do that with is inauguration.

These are nazis they’ll lie no matter what you do.  Truth has little significance to them, just as photos of the inauguration did absolutely nothing to stop Trump from claiming the crowd was enormous.  

9 minutes ago, Destino said:

These are nazis they’ll lie no matter what you do.  Truth has little significance to them, just as photos of the inauguration did absolutely nothing to stop Trump from claiming the crowd was enormous.  

The photos of them are not for the Nazis or their sycophants, it's for the rest of us fact loving, truth telling people. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, twa said:

if the spotlight hadn't been shined on them in Charlottesville a lot more would have shown up in DC. Easy to say let's ignore the problem when the problem doesn't effect you. Shine as bright a light as possible on them, let them lose their jobs, let their friends and neighbors know that they were marching and chanting blood and soil, let their lives be completely destroyed. 

Edited by Berggy9598
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

if the spotlight hadn't been shined on them in Charlottesville a lot more would have shown up in DC. Easy to say let's ignore the problem when the problem doesn't effect you. Shine as bright a lot as possible on them, let them lose their jobs, let their friends and neighbors know that they were marching and chanting blood and soil, let their lives be completely destroyed. 

Yup, public shame and humiliation kept them in the closet for decades, it's time to go back to that.

There needs to be a social cost for holding such anti-human views.

• Like 1