Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nazis showing up at places uninvited.

No Excuses

Here's a piece by the post on the same ^^

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/don’t-condemn-white-nationalists-veterans-affairs’-diversity-chief-was-told-after-charlottesville-emails-show/ar-BBQydPP?li=BBnb7Kz

A top White House appointee at the Department of Veterans Affairs sought to silence the agency’s chief diversity officer, who — in the aftermath of last year’s racially charged violence in Charlottesville — pushed for a forceful condemnation that was at odds with President Trump’s response, newly disclosed emails show. The tense exchange between Georgia Coffey, a nationally recognized expert in workplace diversity and race relations, and John Ullyot, who remains VA’s chief communications official, occurred during a low point in Trump’s presidency: when he blamed “many sides” for the deadly clash in Charlottesville without singling out the white nationalists and neo-Nazis who rallied there.

A’s secretary at the time, David Shulkin, made headlines that week when he appeared to break with Trump, telling reporters the violence in Charlottesville “outraged” him. Coffey, a career senior executive at VA, pressed the agency’s leaders to issue a statement making it clear that VA stood against such a “repugnant display of hate and bigotry by white supremacists, neo-Nazis, and the Ku Klux Klan,” according to the emails. The emails were provided to The Washington Post by the nonprofit watchdog group American Oversight, which obtained them via the Freedom of Information Act. The correspondence sheds new light on the politically delicate decisions federal agencies faced as officials sought to balance the need to address employee concerns with a desire not to upset the White House.

A statement from VA leaders was necessary, Coffey wrote in one email to Ullyot, because the agency’s workforce was unsettled by the uproar caused by the Charlottesville violence. Minorities make up more than 40 percent of VA’s 380,000 employees, the federal government’s second-largest agency. Ullyot told Coffey to stand down, the emails show. A person familiar with their dispute, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, told The Post that Ullyot was enforcing a directive from the White House, where officials were scrambling to contain the fallout from Trump’s comments, and they did not want government officials to call further attention to the controversy.

VA spokesman Curt Cashour said the agency received no such guidance from the White House. Coffey, who declined to comment, retired from VA shortly after the dust-up, frustrated with what she felt was a lack of support from the Trump administration, according to her former colleagues. She now works as senior manager for diversity and inclusion at Lockheed Martin. Ullyot, a seasoned media professional who worked on Trump’s campaign, is VA’s assistant secretary for public and intergovernmental affairs. His exchange with Coffey was respectful, and he noted that he was acting at Shulkin’s direction, according to his emails. Shulkin, whom Trump forced out of the Cabinet post in March, and other officials were copied on the messages.

much more of the story at link

Meet paramedic Alex J. McNabb.

The Virginia paramedic uses a racist slur for African Americans, calling them “dindus.”

In his world — the world of open white supremacists — that’s supposed to mean something like “didn’t do anything.”

On the popular neo-Nazi podcast he co-hosts, Alex J. McNabb once compared an African American woman he cared for to a gorilla.

And he’s got a name for a Southern Virginia neighborhood where lots of African immigrant families live. He refers to it as “Ebola Alley.”

The question isn’t whether McNabb, 35, is a bigot. He’s all over social media with some pretty vile stuff. He doesn’t hide his outbursts on “The Daily Shoah” podcast, where he talks about life on the job and his conclusions about African Americans he encounters.

McNabb is being investigated by the state’s Department of Health, HuffPost reported, and department spokeswoman Marian Hunter confirmed it for me Monday.

They’re investigating him because his job is a vital, even noble calling that puts people in his care at their most traumatized.

McNabb is an EMT. So when you’re having a heart attack, have been in a car crash, slipped and broke a bone in the bathtub or were shot in Patrick County, Va., there’s a chance that McNabb will be the one who can help save your life.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/this-racist-paramedic-hates-some-people-whose-lives-depend-on-him-he-needs-to-be-fired/2018/12/10/3ca5d5be-fca7-11e8-83c0-b06139e540e5_story.html?utm_term=.5cd0c4440e95

• Like 1

Just now, PleaseBlitz said:

He also has a separate federal trial coming up, in which he could potentially get the death penalty.  

Damn I didnt know that. I dont feel sorry for him but nothing makes me question our justice system more than them contemplating killing a man. Though I do believe the world is better off without some people. 

I'll have to see what hes being charged with. Color me intrigued 

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Damn I didnt know that. I dont feel sorry for him but nothing makes me question our justice system more than them contemplating killing a man. Though I do believe the world is better off without some people. 

From the Post article:  "Fields also faces a separate federal trial for alleged hate crimes related to the incident, including one offense that carries a possible death sentence. No trial date has been set, and the Justice Department has not said whether it will seek capital punishment."

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

You might as well execute him at this point, not like he didn't deserve it going in.

I'm in the camp of it's worse to rot in prison for decades than to be given a quick death.  This guy is 21.  He could be in prison for 60+ years.  

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I'm in the camp of it's worse to rot in prison for decades than to be given a quick death.  This guy is 21.  He could be in prison for 60+ years.  

I'm in the camp that people underestimate what death is and the effect people like that being alive have on those around them. 

Think I have a more radical view towards prison industrial complex in that the only people that should be in there are the people we want to actually give a second chance, not people that shouldn't be in jail in the first place, or those that cant be let back into society.  

He'll probably join an Aryan gang and be jus as big a threat to anyone in there given he has nothing to lose.  It's how you have cartel members running **** from jail and risking even more joining gangs or outright radicalizing people like you see in Europe.  Our primary focus should be to keep people from coming back to jail.

It's like having a dog that bites every person that comes near them and they have to be completely separate with no interaction and basic food rations. Is that really humane?

This is where Predicto would come in and say how much money it costs to make sure someone should be executed.  My response is we should be spending that kind of resources to determine giving someone life as well, which my understanding is we typically dont, which is wrong.

14 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm in the camp that people underestimate what death is and the effect people like that being alive have on those around them. 

Think I have a more radical view towards prison industrial complex in that the only people that should be in there are the people we want to actually give a second chance, not people that shouldn't be in jail in the first place, or those that cant be let back into society.  

He'll probably join an Aryan gang and be jus as big a threat to anyone in there given he has nothing to lose.  It's how you have cartel members running **** from jail and risking even more joining gangs or outright radicalizing people like you see in Europe.  Our primary focus should be to keep people from coming back to jail.

It's like having a dog that bites every person that comes near them and they have to be completely separate with no interaction and basic food rations. Is that really humane?

This is where Predicto would come in and say how much money it costs to make sure someone should be executed.  My response is we should be spending that kind of resources to determine giving someone life as well, which my understanding is we typically dont, which is wrong.

This year I've had an opportunity to get to know a guy that is serving a life sentence in a Maryland prison.  This is a pro bono thing that I am doing connected to this:  https://nlgmarylanddotorg.wordpress.com/2017/07/18/md-juvenile-lifer-parole-representation-project-pro-bono-opportunity-training-on-july-26/.  I talk to him on the phone just about every week and I've visited him in prison 3 times.  I personally think that he should (and I am working towards) be released.  He's ridiculously smart, and got life in prison for a thing he did when he was a 16 year old kid.   

He's been in prison since he was 16.  He's in his 40s now.  He was in a prison gang, but is not anymore.  He's been stabbed multiple times, exhausted every outlet the prison has for education and self-improvement or otherwise keep his mind occupied, lost just about every personal relationship he has on the outside (including a daughter), and is just miserable.  He'll probably be in prison for another 30 or 40 years because in Maryland "life means life" which means that people do not get paroled if they were given a life sentence.  Personally, I'd rather die now than endure that for 40 years and then die a miserable death from cancer or whatever.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@PleaseBlitz I I yo read that before having full convo with you, at work right now.  My initial reaction is in addition to how I felt going in, there are some people that shouldn't be getting life or death sentences, and people that do should be given the option to pick execution at anytime, especially if their health is failing. 

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

@PleaseBlitz I I yo read that before having full convo with you, at work right now.  My initial reaction is in addition to how I felt going in, there are some people that shouldn't be getting life or death sentences, and people that do should be given the option to pick execution at anytime, especially if their health is failing. 

My overarching point is that prison is a violent and miserable place.  Even joining a gang doesn't make it not miserable, and it makes it more violent and dangerous.  My other point is, **** this guy, he deserves to go to a violent and miserable place for the rest of his life.  

30 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

My overarching point is that prison is a violent and miserable place.  Even joining a gang doesn't make it not miserable, and it makes it more violent and dangerous.  My other point is, **** this guy, he deserves to go to a violent and miserable place for the rest of his life.  

And he will be another one that possibly end up worse and taking it out on the people that arent like him.  That happens all the time.

Edited by Renegade7

3 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

He also has a separate federal trial coming up, in which he could potentially get the death penalty.  

3 hours ago, Llevron said:

This is exactly the type of case where I want the death penalty.  There is ZERO doubt that he committed the crime.  No need for twelve appeals to make sure he is really guilty.  And since he didnt worry about making sure the death he caused was done humanly, I feel no need in this case to do it for him.  Take him out back and give him a large caliber hollow point to the forehead.

Then send a bill for the bullet to the group that organized the march.