Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 Training Camp Discussion Thread

ExoDus84

5 minutes ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

Just hope it doesnt cost us Kalis completely as I would like to see him on the PS. Also hope Kouandjio is cut regardless because Kalis outplayed him and could care less that he was a 4th rounder.

Apparently Kalis is the 2nd coming of Richie Incognito in both appearance and playing ability/attitude.  I wouldn't mind a player like that on the Skins O-line at some point in the future.  Scherff has a bit of that in his game as well.  A future of Kalis and Scherff anchoring the middle of the Skins O-line would be sweet.  

Told the Skins are releasing Robert Davis but hope to re-sign to practice squad

Edit:  got beat to it.  I like it in one sense.  In another sense, I'm hoping Cooley was wrong the other day talking up Carrier as a potential stud who reminds him of himself as a player.  I'd rather not see him in thrive with McVay (ironically Cooley's close pal).  But hey at least they got something for him and ensured he doesn't go to a division rival. 

Adam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefter

Following
More

Washington traded TE Derek Carrier to LA Rams, per source. Carrier reunited with Sean McVay.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am gathering Hazel makes the squad, then.  Cooley would be happy, he said that's what he would do but wasn't sure if they would do it.  I recall Kirk at some point while he was miked up in camp joked that Hazel catches everything. 

According to this:

https://www.hogshaven.com/2017/9/1/16241670/redskins-roster-cuts-tracker-90-to-53

Hazel was already cut

2 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Thanks, I caught up to that now.  Was thrown off by this

Replying to @CraigHoffman

Have to think this means Brian Quick is on. Still haven't seen/heard anything on Hazel, but probably just keep 5.

As I've been saying from day 1.  McClure is a lock.  kidding. :) who would think?

Ben Standig Retweeted Breaking Burgundy

Stefan McClure had a strong game Thursday and he's still around at the moment. Room for a 5th safety AND and 10th LB now with only 5 WR.

Ben Standig added,

Breaking Burgundy @breakburgundy
S Stefan McClure hasn't been a headliner this summer. Played most snaps on D yesterday. PFF ranked him best player for Redskins yesterday.

Wow Phillip Dorset and Jacoby Brisett just swapped teams. That's a real bad sign for Luck this year. 

Shocked we are only keeping 5 receivers. We played in three receiver sets 73% of our snaps last season. Think that's huge news for Crowder as well as a lot of faith in Josh

1 minute ago, elkabong82 said:

Damn

The Redskins have released LB Nico Marley, per source.

3 replies6 retweets1 like

Direct message

That sucks should have found a spot for him

5 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Maybe we've got our sights set on a receiver from waiver wire? Five receivers feels like it's begging for an injury to crush us. Or maybe there are plans for using 2 TE sets more often to get Reed and Davis/Paul on the field more?

I'd imagine we will see Paul and Davis lined up outside more regularly... 

I am shocked that Brian Quick made it, but I feel like they're making some weird moves here.  I'm wondering if they were setting up third stringers against second stringers to see how they played or something.  Because it seems like some vets are making the team despite not showing anything in preseason and considering who they were put up against barely being asked to show anything

as for the WRs, maybe were see some of our TEs split out

Archived