Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 Training Camp Discussion Thread

ExoDus84

Since the Twitter thread is strictly for tweets and information, and not for general discussion, I felt it a good idea to start a thread where we can discuss all the goings-on at camp.

Let's discuss all the camp storylines, roster battles, etc., here. Whatnot also included.

To start off, let's hope Jordan Reed's toe isn't going to be a big issue. I had no idea he was even nursing any kind of injury. Give the man some rest, since he needs to be full go by the start of the season.

Another thing: Gruden lost 25 pounds. Coach looks fit and ready for war.

1 hour ago, ExoDus84 said:

Another thing: Gruden lost 25 pounds. Coach looks fit and ready for war.

Terrible news.

Little known fact about playoff tiebreakers, there are 14 ones that involve how a team played throughout the season.  Points scored, conference record, opponent records, etc and if all of those are still tied then the 15th tiebreaker is invoked.  That's a coin flip.  BUT, if the coin is flipped and lands perfectly in the middle, the league goes to the 16th tiebreaker.  That's when the coaches sumo wrestle in a best of 3 series.  How are we going to win this 16th tiebreaker if Gruden keeps losing weight?  I question his dedication.

23 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

^^ Agree...

Lake Lewis JrVerified account @LakeLewis

Josh Doctson is out here eating today! This WR unit will sneak up on some doubters this year. They have talent for sure. #Redskins

Good to see this. We'll need somebody other than Crowder to take the heat off of Pryor. Doctson could be big for us, especially in the RZ.

1 hour ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Terrible news.

Little known fact about playoff tiebreakers, there are 14 ones that involve how a team played throughout the season.  Points scored, conference record, opponent records, etc and if all of those are still tied then the 15th tiebreaker is invoked.  That's a coin flip.  BUT, if the coin is flipped and lands perfectly in the middle, the league goes to the 16th tiebreaker.  That's when the coaches sumo wrestle in a best of 3 series.  How are we going to win this 16th tiebreaker if Gruden keeps losing weight?  I question his dedication.

Happens every time someone gets an extension.

1 hour ago, Diehard Otis said:

I'm all about the NOSE GUARD Position.  What's the news?  Who's the "starter" for the open of camp?  How good is he?  Who's his competition?  Any & all news will be appreciated.

We still don't have one.

I enjoyed reading the article that was posted in the twitter thread about KyShoen Jarrett and his recovery.

It was very in depth and helped answer a lot of my personal questions, mainly, he'll probably never play football again, at least not for several years. 

His right arm arm is significantly smaller than what it was before due to the injury and although he is getting better, it's still giving him trouble.

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

The passing game should be just fine this year. We'll do better in the red zone but won't have the explosive D Jax big plays.

I hope Perine steps up and takes the RB job.

(Not directed at you)

I keep seeing this sentiment....

DJAX - 4.35

Optimus Pry - 4.38

Also...Optimus Pry (yes, that's his name from now on)  is 6'4"/6'5" & can/will win 50/50 balls, & the like.

I think we're fine.

6 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Yep, with a big toe injury. His ankle is also bothering him due to overcompensation.

They're being much less wishy-washy about it than I was fearing they would, though. You can never be sure with these things (in terms of injury severity OR coach honesty) but it does really sound like they expect him back in a week or two and are just being cautious. 

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

They're being much less wishy-washy about it than I was fearing they would, though. You can never be sure with these things (in terms of injury severity OR coach honesty) but it does really sound like they expect him back in a week or two and are just being cautious. 

Hopefully so. Then he can get in some playing time before the season starts.

Nose Guard....

I always just sort the roster by weight. It looks like Stacy McGee. How much did he play at last year? I seem to remember looking and seeing him much less than he is now, listed at svelte 341. 

I think he may have bulked up otherwise there would be no doubt who the coaches intend to be our schnoz.

Phil Taylor a 2011 first rounder after wasting away in Cleveland, seems to be in the mix.

Idealer..... Cousins signs and Pryor gets tagged after a monster year.

Pryor was a proper deep threat last year, one of the best in the NFL (if not the best, using some stat I saw).

DJax and his 18 yd average is not easy for teams to replace, but he averaged less than 4 catches a game last year. We should be able to generate his production albeit requiring more plays. Maybe slow play will help our defense and big beaks rest, heh.

39 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Ideal situation: 

Pryor explodes this season and signs mega deal elsewhere.

Doctson kills and shows he's ready for the #1 WR position next year with Reed continuing to be a beast. 

Why is this an ideal situation?  If Pryor explodes as you said I want him long term.   You can't necessarily count on Reed.

Hail Em Up!

Archived