Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 Training Camp Discussion Thread

ExoDus84

14 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

No team is perfect. Many of you guys here agonize over not having a top 5 offense, defense and special teams. It's all crap. It's extremely rare for teams to have all 3, but good teams win IN SPITE of their flaws, they find a way to get it done. We came up short with the loss to the Giants, it happens.

Look at the Packers with their "holes" they were left for dead at midpoint of the season and end up almost winning the NFC championship game. Falcons had no defense. Same with dallass.. Seattle couldn't score ****, Houston had no offense, giants had no OL, etc. They all won and were playoff teams regardless of their "holes"

Yes it was frustrating that the team could move the ball at will, but couldn't score TDs, I felt they should have scored as many points as the falcons. The point is, every team has flaws, and we were competitive with a first place schedule in spite of our issues.

We were this close to winning 11+ even with how bad the defense (Detroit, cincy,) was, or throws game ending pick (Arizona).. not even mentioning the first dallass game and Kirk's missed 3 TDs.

Point is, this "got lucky" or "didn't deserve" crap is nonsense. The team was competitive and had a chance to win almost every week. 

Very well said very well said

15 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

No, I never felt this team was good last year. I thought we failed to adress huge holes in the off-season and they were exploited immediately and it happened every week. Pretty unforgivable after feeling like a legitimate team.

Seriously?  Not even after that GB game?  nah man you teasing...LOL

3 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I'm happy your life has improved however any correlation to wins/losses with our coach is a reach..I'm going with a fat guy who wins.  Madden, Belichick, Parcells, Lombardi etc never needed weight loss.  

The correlation to wins/losses is his prediction though...what's wrong with him having a prediction like that? He didn't say it will 100% help us win more. 

2 hours ago, crabbypatty said:

No team is perfect. Many of you guys here agonize over not having a top 5 offense, defense and special teams. It's all crap. It's extremely rare for teams to have all 3, but good teams win IN SPITE of their flaws, they find a way to get it done. We came up short with the loss to the Giants, it happens.

Look at the Packers with their "holes" they were left for dead at midpoint of the season and end up almost winning the NFC championship game. Falcons had no defense. Same with dallass.. Seattle couldn't score ****, Houston had no offense, giants had no OL, etc. They all won and were playoff teams regardless of their "holes"

Yes it was frustrating that the team could move the ball at will, but couldn't score TDs, I felt they should have scored as many points as the falcons. The point is, every team has flaws, and we were competitive with a first place schedule in spite of our issues.

We were this close to winning 11+ even with how bad the defense (Detroit, cincy,) was, or throws game ending pick (Arizona).. not even mentioning the first dallass game and Kirk's missed 3 TDs.

Point is, this "got lucky" or "didn't deserve" crap is nonsense. The team was competitive and had a chance to win almost every week. 

Yeah but a lot of those times in the last decade those flaws have ranked up there in the historically bad categories of defense, special teams and scoring points.

14 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

Frisk!

No one in the history of FF has had a greater % of Redskins on their roster than me. Getting pummeled in bye weeks. Hearing he was secretly an elite deep threat last year was the final straw for me. All on lowly cleveland facing probably double half the time.

Lol my man. Enjoy the spoils 

dap-o.gif 

5 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I'm happy your life has improved however any correlation to wins/losses with our coach is a reach..I'm going with a fat guy who wins.  Madden, Belichick, Parcells, Lombardi etc never needed weight loss.  

I wasn't suggesting someone with extra lbs cant win.

All i was saying is jay will be a better coach for it and i stand by those words.

The two things aren't the same.

8 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

So, Carrier is hurt again now too. Paul (who'll probably be hurt any minute now) and Sprinkles are currently our TEs. WTF man.

Love Allen, still wish we went Howard.

Vernon Davis is still practicing though as well. Our TE situation isn't that bad at all. Was carrier even going to make the roster? 

Just now, Califan007 said:

But our defense needed to be changed MUCH more than our offense, though...

That's true as well. I'm definitely happy with Allen but I'd have maximized our strength (offense). 

Howard also improves our running game. Sucks TB got him. They're going to be nasty. 

I don't know, maybe I am underselling Allen. It's hard to see thru the anger when I watch bama games lol

5 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

See, he's practicing so we still have him as one of our TEs as well. I doubt his injury is all that serious if he's still able to practice. 

The man is like 45. Every injury is serious at this point. 

(Half kidding)

Mike JonesVerified account @MikeJonesWaPo

Joey Mbu just gave Spencer Long trouble on rush up the middle. 78 is another hungry young guy.

Mike JonesVerified account @MikeJonesWaPo

Williams w another win over Galette. If 71 gets both hands on anyone they're done. If 58 managed to dodge initial contact, difference.

"During one-on-one work,linebackers Junior Galette and Preston Smith executed a solid stunt. Smith played it well, rushing to the outside and helping cause issues for guard Shawn Lauvao. Galette then used his quickness to duck inside. That's a role he'll be good at, if he's fully back to his old ways." - Keim

JP FinlayVerified account @JPFinlayCSN

Gotta credit @LakeLewis. He told me early that Matt Ioannidis has looked good in camp. He's right.

3 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Agreed even before the injuries. Howard changes our offense much more than Allen changes our defense IMO. 

If we have picked Howard over Allen you would have seen ES blow up.  The need was DL, and a top 5 player was there for the taking.  You guys just don't get it how important it is for this team to get better there.  We were already a top 5 offense, just needed more scoring in the redzone and with Doctson and Pryor I bet you any money we will be better.  DL and particular stopping the run is what kept us out of the playoffs last year.

Archived