Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 Training Camp Discussion Thread

ExoDus84

After looking at the twitter thread, I'm going to choose to overreact to the following:

1. Dockson is beating Breeland.  Breeland therefore is terrible and the defense is going to be awful.

2. ILB are the same as last year, which mean clearly the defensive staff knows absolutely nothing and couldn't tell their ass from their elbow.

3.  Because Preston Smith was getting dominated by probably the best LT in the NFL, he totally stinks.

4.  Moses getting worked a bit means that the entire OL is hot garbage and needs to be replaced.

5. Reed is WALKING while CARRYING WEIGHTS on his injured toe.  This can't be good.  

26 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

After looking at the twitter thread, I'm going to choose to overreact to the following:

You forgot:

6. Fuller picked off Cousins and Sudfield so he is All-Pro this year and Cousins will throw 30 picks

So is the Ryan grant hype train already off the tracks with the glowing reports about JD? I just picked him up this week for my dynasty team (40 roster spots 12 teams so deep benches), great to see JD eating already

So Matt Jones getting some work already. Why don't we trade him to the Ravens who just lost there RB this week for a late round pick? They always seemed to be fond of him 

1 hour ago, DJD2 said:

You forgot:

6. Fuller picked off Cousins and Sudfield so he is All-Pro this year and Cousins will throw 30 picks

I didn't see that tweet. 

I will over-react to Fuller picking off Cousins.  Because all he does is throw INTs.  Hasn't learned a think.  Thank God that we didn't saddle ourselves with a long term contract with that bum. 

31 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

So is the Ryan grant hype train already off the tracks with the glowing reports about JD?

Ryan Grant is like a ****roach.  He roots out those safeties.  His legend is lore.  He will survive. 

(As I said in a previous thread, if I EVER see Ryan Grant lining up as a starting WR, I will turn off the TV and go to the park with my kid.  Because I will know that 1) Nothing good is going to happen, and 2) the team has no idea how to evaluate talent.) The caveat is if there are 3-4 serious injuries and we are down to our 4th adn 5th starting options, or if Grant is touched by the Lord and becomes ... good.  The first is possible, though not likely.  The second is also possible, but even more unlikely.  

Just now, Riggo'sRangers said:

DJ today after pick;  "Here's your ball back 8"...love the trash talking!  It will be great if we develop swagger.  DJ seems realllly happy to be here.  He and Josh go waaay back.  I like it very much.  Hail.  

Hard not to be excited about DJ. Brings a nastiness swagger to the defense with Ryan Anderson. Only nervous about DJ if things go wrong and tempers flare. Needs to keep his head level and I think he can be a pro bowl Safety

11 minutes ago, Hail2theSkins24 said:

Hard not to be excited about DJ. Brings a nastiness swagger to the defense with Ryan Anderson. Only nervous about DJ if things go wrong and tempers flare. Needs to keep his head level and I think he can be a pro bowl Safety

I think if the DL can put forth any consistent pressure, DJ could have an absolutely huge year.

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

That vid of Robert Davis tracking and cleanly plucking a deep ball at an awkward angle, over some scrub, is the stuff training camp mancrushes are made of.

Missed it, but hes been my offensive man crush sleeper since the draft.

2 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

How deep could the benches be if Doctson was on waivers in a dynasty league? He was a first round pick 

No Ryan Grant was available and in this league the moment someone is getting hype he's picked up. I saw him getting some love so grabbed him. Waivers are completely picked over, no defenses on waivers even. Think about it the average 12 team league has 15 players on rosters or a total of 180 players rostered. This one has 480 players rostered. Josh Doctson was picked third in last years draft (rookie only draft) and rostered. No one cares about my crazy league I was just asking about the Ryan Grant hype that was blowing this week

This is just what I wanted to hear.  Evidently Junior looked good against the run today too.....ummmm....sweet. 

Nora Princiotti @NoraPrinciotti 37m37 minutes ago

Junior Galette is holding his own against Trent Williams. Which is saying something.

Robert Davis has NO issue with playing special teams.  With his speed and blah, blah, blah, he makes the team based on that alone. Really nice....Hail

I'm liking what I'm seeing so far on the absolutely wonderful(thank you mods btw soooo much to everyone who makes it happen year in year out..I thank you..)training camp twitter thread. Galette ..wow!..to get the moves like that on the BEST left tackle in the NFL is HUGE news..oh and it's sweet music to my ears hearing about the swearinger info being as vocal as he is putting guys in position to make plays...we need a leader like that back there...oh and Pryor will be a bigger addition than alot of people think..Doctson is crisp, whooo hooo ladies n gentlemen whooo hooo!!!HTTR!!

15 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

No Ryan Grant was available and in this league the moment someone is getting hype he's picked up. I saw him getting some love so grabbed him. Waivers are completely picked over, no defenses on waivers even. Think about it the average 12 team league has 15 players on rosters or a total of 180 players rostered. This one has 480 players rostered. Josh Doctson was picked third in last years draft (rookie only draft) and rostered. No one cares about my crazy league I was just asking about the Ryan Grant hype that was blowing this week

Oh I misunderstood, didn't realize you meant Grant, that's why I was confused haha. Yeah I play in similar leagues. 14 teams, 30+ man rosters, offense only etc. The scrubs I have on my roster in the off-season when rosters are unlimited and auction bidding never closes, it's hilarious. 

7 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Oh I misunderstood, didn't realize you meant Doctson. Yeah I play in similar leagues. 14 teams, 30+ man rosters, offense only etc. The scrubs I have on my roster in the off-season when rosters are unlimited and auction bidding never closes, it's hilarious. 

I love those types of leagues personally. That one and my buddy league where we all get together to drink and hang out once a year are my only real leagues I play in. I do a lot of MFL10's as they are my favorite redraft types every season though, done 12 already, goal is to do 20 before the season starts.

Today in this crazy 40 man roster league someone just picked up Nick Boyle off waivers, who the hell is that guy? This league always has me learning about new guys which makes it fun. 

But based on VOR's post I think Ryan Grant just moved to the top of the list of guys I can safely throw away and not expect anything from appreciate the post. Sorry my post was confusing and boring everyone with this 

I do think we should strike a deal and ship Matt Jones to Baltimore for a pick. Anything is better then nothing for Jones and really who expects that guy to make the 53 after the way they handled him last year and this off season? Ravens need some help at RB now seems like a good trade partner 

Obviously we've all been down this path before but I feel like this is the year that all the bad luck of the past few years (Galette, Doctson injuries, Grant always being in wrong place wrong time etc) may pay dividends. 

Of course talk to me after the first preseason game as I may be singing an entirely different tune lol.

14 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Obviously we've all been down this path before but I feel like this is the year that all the bad luck of the past few years (Galette, Doctson injuries, Grant always being in wrong place wrong time etc) may pay dividends. 

Of course talk to me after the first preseason game as I may be singing an entirely different tune lol.

The team is owed one don't ya think? I'm with you brother, going to be a fun ride

11 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

When the season ended a couple years back, it felt like a legitimate team that made it to the playoffs and took the east. Felt real and exciting. Then we went into the off-season last year and were loaded and ready to go.

Then we played Pittsburgh week one and the wheels just fell right off and at no point during the season did we feel like winners.

Ill savior the preseason. It could be all we get. Again.

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

"Overheard at camp: "Bree I'm on top! I'm on top! Stay low!" That was safety D.J. Swearinger shouting to teammate Bashaud Breeland to stay underneath receiver Terrelle Pryor. Swearinger indeed stayed over the top and the pass went elsewhere." -Keim

Its so cool having a safety that is good at playing safety. What a difference that'll make.

5 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

When the season ended a couple years back, it felt like a legitimate team that made it to the playoffs and took the east. Felt real and exciting. Then we went into the off-season last year and were loaded and ready to go.

Then we played Pittsburgh week one and the wheels just fell right off and at no point during the season did we feel like winners.

Did you forget we were 4-2 after 6 games last season? Did you not feel like the team was an actual winner? And weren't we like 6-3-1 after our beatdown of the packers on Sunday night football? 

Also, how were you feeling about the team after we beat the bears on Christmas Eve Day to make week 17 a Win-And-In game?

Archived