Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 Training Camp Discussion Thread

ExoDus84

47 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Is Kam Chancellor on the block? Still want Marcel Dareus... any other suggestions? 

Kam just signed a 3 year extension with Seattle.  Don't think he's upset with his contract anymore.

Dareus would probably be a trade deadline move to somewhere. 

So if I have everything correct, here is 9 out of 10 Practice Squad guys:

LB Pete Robertson

G Kyle Kalis

DL Brandon Banks

S Fish Smithson

WR Robert Davis

TE Manasseh Garner

WR Maurice Harris

OL Anthony Fabiano

WR Dres Anderson

the last spot should be a QB (Sudfeld?)

Yes, we need a qb on the PS, but don't we need a nose tackle as well?  With the addition of TJ Clemmings to the 53 man roster, I'm not seeing the need to keep two offensive linemen on PS.  A similar argument could be made for not needing a TE on the PS.  I hope this list is fluid.

1 hour ago, SemperFi Skins said:

More than ever I think there needs to be a blockbuster trade of some sort. This team doesn't look good on paper at all. This Dline will be burned all season long and with the way our offense looked in preseason, we won't be blowing out opponents. We need an anchor on that Dline and a Safety. (Assuming Cravens hangs them up)

On offense, they just need to get the timing down. 

Is Kam Chancellor on the block? Still want Marcel Dareus... any other suggestions? 

I felt much better about this roster going into camp.  There's not one unit without some major issue or question mark.  

NFL bloodlines. Father "Flipper" Anderson played for 10 years as an NFL WR.
Draft Projection Round 5 or 6
NFL Comparison Chris Givens
Bottom Line Must work on becoming a reliable pass-catcher since he doesn't have the explosive traits for teams to overlook inconsistent hands. Anderson flashes great play speed when the ball is in the air and has the intangibles to become a good backup with low-end starting potential

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Chris Ballard, the Colts GM -- I recall some articles about him had people citing him as having one of the best scouting eyes in the country.   Maybe a good sign that he wants our leftovers?

Maybe Tevin Mitchell was just a small taste

5 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

Not uncommon. Upcoming opponent. But now we have no 3rd QB at all, Yet 3 O Guards?? (Kyle, Fabiano, Clemmings)

It's a little surprising that Sudfeld chose the Eagle over the Redskins. Unless the Redskins don't want him back...

9 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

Maybe Tevin Mitchell was just a small taste

yeah I remember.  The Colts are like stalking the Redskins FO. :)

More

Source says the #Redskins did offer Sudfeld a spot on the practice squad. Was a tough decision for him, but he went with the #Eagles.

Archived