Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN.com: Ten Commandments monument destroyed less than a day after its unveiling

Destino

(CNN)The newly unveiled Ten Commandments monument on the grounds of the Arkansas state Capitol was knocked over early Wednesday, less than 24 hours after it was erected, a state government official told CNN.

Michael Tate Reed, 32, was arrested after Capitol police saw him drive onto the Capitol grounds in Little Rock and intentionally ram his car into the monument, according to Chris Powell, a spokesman for the Arkansas secretary of state.

Reed faces charges of defacing an object of public interest, criminal mischief in the first degree and criminal trespass, the Pulaski County Sheriff's Office said.

It's not known why Reed allegedly drove into the statue. Video from CNN affiliate KATV-TV in Little Rock showed the large stone slab was knocked off its base and cracked into at least three pieces.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/28/us/arkansas-10-commandments-monument-damaged/index.html

I'm sure the reaction to this from all sides will be calm and reasonable. 

3 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Stupidity has no age limit...i would think being on ES would have taught you that

Taught/Illustrated ...you say tomato ,I say let's have some salsa.

The guy did the exact same thing in Oklahoma City a few years ago. Except that time he got out of the car and took a piss on the monument first.  Confirmed schizophrenic. Blamed Satan telling him to do it. Also a big time born-again Christian. Crazy person doing crazy thing. Not political. 

Nice shot at the "all sides" (i.e. Stupid liberals and conservatives) though. You feeling better about yourself now? I will give this guy one thing. As crazy as he might be, he actually stands for something and he actually does something about. I applaud him for that. His mental illness is way too close to the violence line to not be alarming at best, but in this act by itself, at least he has some balls. 

12 minutes ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

The guy did the exact same thing in Oklahoma City a few years ago. Except that time he got out of the car and took a piss on the monument first.  Confirmed schizophrenic. Blamed Satan telling him to do it. Also a big time born-again Christian. Crazy person doing crazy thing. Not political. 

Nice shot at the "all sides" (i.e. Stupid liberals and conservatives) though. You feeling better about yourself now? I will give this guy one thing. As crazy as he might be, he actually stands for something and he actually does something about. I applaud him for that. His mental illness is way too close to the violence line to not be alarming at best, but in this act by itself, at least he has some balls. 

What is it that he stands for that you're applauding him for and is not political.  Obeying the voices in his head? 

Also, you're giving me too much credit with calling my comment a nice shot.  That was a half hearted swipe at best. 

34 minutes ago, daveakl said:

So a guy doesn't break any of the ten commandments and actually saves a town from breaking one themselves.

"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image"

Clearly this "Michael Tate Reed" is a hero and Saviour of souls.

From the OP, I'm guessing he broke two or more..

1 hour ago, Destino said:

Video from CNN affiliate KATV-TV in Little Rock showed the large stone slab was knocked off its base and cracked into at least three pieces.

The true tragedy here is no one is commending the monument for stopping the car from running over a mother duck and her adorable ducklings that were crossing the road behind it.

Or.. it could be argued that since it doesn't say "thou shalt not runneth over mine stone with thine automobile" then all is clear.

thanks. i'll be here all week folks. Be sure and take care of those bartenders and waitresses.

~Bong

First thought was neonazi who hates Jews. Looks like I might have been close if he's a schitzophrenic born again. I do want to hedge that because I have met quite a few born agains who are really great people and though they are fervent... I have found them to be gentle and respectful. (Mind you, I have also met the intolerant, annoying types who know I'm going to hell and have to save me from my own misguided stupidity).

4 hours ago, twa said:

32 seems a little old to be that stupid.

Not when your new health plan goes totally against that DO NOT KILL thingy.

There are a couple hundred elected officials who are going to violate it. 

Give me a damn '73 Pontiac Grand Prix.  It would make more noise.

Archived