Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Have you ever smoked Weed before???

Renegade7

Have you ever smoked Weed before??? Do you still?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever smoked weed before???

• Yes, and I liked it
    • Yes, but I didn't like it
    • No, but I'm open to trying it at some point
    • No, and I'm never going to

9 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I don’t really have much interest in growing herb. I’ve got 3 kids in the house. Growing has always been a game of care and I’d probably **** it up.

Well, so is having kids, but no one cares if you kill a plant. Give it a whack!

• Haha 5

Also I was thinking if you went to the seed sharing, you’d likely wind up meeting someone who lives near you that you can get some weed from…

Just stay away from the old people. They’re only there to find someone to get weed from 

7 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Do you think those grow tent kits are worth the money?

So if you break it down it’s basically a tent with pre-fitted venting/cabling inlet/outlets, complete with flanges for a good deal, wrapped around 1/2” or maybe 3/4” pvc pipe. And the interior is reflective to help with amateur light investment. 

the tents go for about ~200. Could you build your own for less? Of course. Is it worth it if it’s your first time. I don’t think so. 

the rest of the price is the light. And the light is important. You can get a 450$ kit with a 200$ light or an 1100$ kit with a 900$ light. It’s basically the same kit. With a better light. 

and some of the cheaper ones have cheaper fans that make tons of noise. 

they seem appropriately priced when you break them down by components and what you’re getting, and factoring in buying everything that’s designed to work together vs piecemeal assembly to save here and there. 

a solid kit from a reputable place is not a bad option all things considered if you’re trying to use it in a small space as a new person to it and ultimately are just trying grow some plants for yourself and your buddies

its basically what large scale operations are doing except they built/engineer it themselves to fit their needs and space. 

Edited by tshile
  • Thanks 1

That said there are ones out there that are overpriced. 

you gotta look up the components. 

carbon filter, fans (specifically noise level), light… shop around and compare components. It won’t take long for you to figure out what’s what. 

Amazon has a bunch 450-600 but the lights are garbage and the reviews say the fans are loud. The link to kits in the guide I sent is legit. And led lights that’s rated top 5 in all lights in the industry. It’s an 850-1000$ light. Plus you need a 140$ controller. And it’s got a supposedly very quiet fan. And the whole kit is 1100 (not including controller). 

If you grow 4 at a time and get 10 oz’s each (should get 16-22 on average if you’re doing a good job), your first cycle will produce 160 quarters.  At street price you’ve paid for the equipment about 10x over. 

also when you’re looking at lights…. There’s a lot of opinions out there, just make sure your factoring in lifespan and such. A 300 non led light might be cheaper except the 800 led light has a 5 year warranty and your cheaper one needs to be replaced every 9 months on average. 

Also the led lights usually cool themselves and the other options (usually cheaper than led) will create a heat problem you need to manage (with additional equipment)

• Thanks 1

What the **** this is a stupid rule for getting a license 

• The applicant shall also cause notice to be published at least once a week for two consecutive weeks in a newspaper published in or having a general circulation in the county, city, or town wherein such applicant proposes to engage in such business. 

this is in addition to posting a note on the front of the building sayin your applying for a license.

I highly recommend gorilla grow tents, they’re top quality. Electric Sky LED’s are what I’m using and I like them much better than the old school HPS lights for ease of use and heat management. They’re top of the line as well and same for the ac infinity fans with a carbon filter. You will definitely need that if growing because the girls get stinky. 

As far as yield that is highly dependent on whether growing indoors or outdoors, the size of the pot/container used, light quality, grow space, environment quality, how long you veg, whether you train and top for more colas, and of course the strain. 

You want to plan ahead with your grow space. For instance you will want a high quality tent to avoid light leaks during the dark cycle if you won’t be able to completely enclose an area from outside light sources. This is extremely important because stress beyond certain thresholds can cause your plants to hermie and seed your whole garden. 

Edited by Fresh8686
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, The Sisko said:

Except for those of us stuck in the Bible Belt.😞 This is one of the few times I’ve regretted leaving NOVA.

Well, as I was joking with my friends this morning….

we’re all celebrating by packing up and heading out do town for a week on the lake together blowing **** up…. In a state where it’s still illegal……

Virginia won’t really be ‘there’ until Jan 1 2024 anyways. For some reason we need 3 years to spin up the industry. 🙄

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, tshile said:

Well, as I was joking with my friends this morning….

we’re all celebrating by packing up and heading out do town for a week on the lake together blowing **** up…. In a state where it’s still illegal……

Virginia won’t really be ‘there’ until Jan 1 2024 anyways. For some reason we need 3 years to spin up the industry. 🙄

Yeah the 2024 thing is dumb.

I'm wondering if that's more crony capitalism than it is anything based on actual logic or law. That time frame could give big business (including the tobacco companies) time to get their hooks into the market and dominate it before smaller more agile companies can.

• Like 1

The very tops of my plants are starting to turn yellow, after doing some research it looks like the PH in my soil is too high (it was fine before, why would it suddenly go up?). I've ordered some PH up/Down, but does anyone any experience with that?

2 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

The very tops of my plants are starting to turn yellow, after doing some research it looks like the PH in my soil is too high (it was fine before, why would it suddenly go up?). I've ordered some PH up/Down, but does anyone any experience with that?

https://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/leaf-problems-marijuana-plants/

read through that. 

Ph can change. The plant is pulling things out of the soil and you’re adding them when you water. Ph has to be constantly monitored

but it could be over/under watering (most time it’s over watering not under…) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tshile said:

https://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/leaf-problems-marijuana-plants/

read through that. 

Ph can change. The plant is pulling things out of the soil and you’re adding them when you water. Ph has to be constantly monitored

but it could be over/under watering (most time it’s over watering not under…) 

My roommate and I are doing this, I've quit my job and started working for myself (temporarily), so he's kinda the financier and I'm the researcher/grower. He keeps watering them too much, I've told him several times to leave it alone, but he keeps doing it. There have been plenty of times where I've checked the soil to see if they need water and the soil is mushy, we've got the PH stuff coming tomorrow, but do yo think letting the plants dry out a bit would help? The PH in the soil is still 2 too high, but I guess I can add that for the next watering.

This is 1 block from my old house...no, I didn't go today.

Free marijuana seed giveaway temporarily shutdown in Henrico due to overwhelming response

SHORT PUMP, Va. -- A free marijuana seed giveaway at the CBD Store on Lauderdale Drive in western Henrico was temporarily shutdown early Thursday due to the overwhelming response.

Hundreds of people lined up outside the store in a Short Pump strip mall to get the seeds on what was the first day that growing and possessing small amounts of marijuana was legal in Virginia.

image.png.9dcb828117fc9518854795bc6563d78b.png

https://www.wtvr.com/news/local-news/free-marijuana-seed-giveaway-shutdown

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

This is 1 block from my old house...no, I didn't go today.

Free marijuana seed giveaway temporarily shutdown in Henrico due to overwhelming response

SHORT PUMP, Va. -- A free marijuana seed giveaway at the CBD Store on Lauderdale Drive in western Henrico was temporarily shutdown early Thursday due to the overwhelming response.

Hundreds of people lined up outside the store in a Short Pump strip mall to get the seeds on what was the first day that growing and possessing small amounts of marijuana was legal in Virginia.

image.png.9dcb828117fc9518854795bc6563d78b.png

https://www.wtvr.com/news/local-news/free-marijuana-seed-giveaway-shutdown

If Biden and the Dems want to keep Congress, they should announce rescheduling and legalization legislation a little before the midterms. They’d have young people and POC coming out of the woodwork to vote.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I wonder if they were just handing out random seeds or if they actually let people choose. Maybe just between indica dominant and sativa dominant?

But beggars can't be choosers.

Where I went they were handing out random seeds.  I got two packs of unidentified seeds, one called Wubba Lubba Dab Dab, and one pack labeled Silver Mountain X Pleiadian Love Nest.  Clearly stoned people are coming up with these names.

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

My roommate and I are doing this, I've quit my job and started working for myself (temporarily), so he's kinda the financier and I'm the researcher/grower. He keeps watering them too much, I've told him several times to leave it alone, but he keeps doing it.

Is your roommate high when he repeatedly does this? Tell him to lay off the product.

17 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Is your roommate high when he repeatedly does this? Tell him to lay off the product.

I don't know, but if he keeps this up, he won't have any weed plants. He's going have to smoke the meth plants.

• Haha 3