Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Have you ever smoked Weed before???

Renegade7

Have you ever smoked Weed before??? Do you still?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever smoked weed before???

• Yes, and I liked it
    • Yes, but I didn't like it
    • No, but I'm open to trying it at some point
    • No, and I'm never going to

Does anyone watch Mr. Canucks Grows on youtube? I posted a link in spoilers just in case, but I think he's got some of the best organic grows on there, definitely from a production standpoint. My wife and I are growing two of the strains shown in this video starting in July, the banana butter cups and the wedding cake x banana butter cups from Square1 Genetics.

Buds look frosty as ****.

Spoiler

Mr Canucks

GROWING WEED IN A CLOSET (PHOTOPERIODS) GUIDE TO SIMPLE GARDENING. EP1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4cSAGG6JJo&t=328s

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Ok so it’s gonna be legal. How the **** do I get it. Seriously though. Step by step guide please.

Yeah I have no clue. It's legal to have it and grow it, but illegal to sell or buy it. It's legal to give some to another person for free though. So maybe get to know some very generous growers or something?

I think it's also still illegal to buy or sell seeds as well...so that makes growing pretty difficult too.

21 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah I have no clue. It's legal to have it and grow it, but illegal to sell or buy it. It's legal to give some to another person for free though. So maybe get to know some very generous growers or something?

I think it's also still illegal to buy or sell seeds as well...so that makes growing pretty difficult too.

I bought seeds online.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I mean it still might be like DC where you buy stickers and then someone gifts you some herb, no?

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I mean it still might be like DC where you buy stickers and then someone gifts you some herb, no?

Nah, IIRC Virginia put in pretty specific language in an attempt to keep people from doing that. Not exactly sure what the language is, but they apparently wanted to try and stop that sort of practice.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

VA my understanding is: 

Legal up to an oz possession 

Legal to grow up to 3 plants

Illegal to buy - weed or seed

Illegal to sell - weed or seed

How does it work? Osmosis

I think it's 4 plants. Anything up to an ounce is fully legal. Anything over an ounce but under a pound isn't a criminal charge...it's a $25 civil fine. Anything over a pound is a felony (that escalated quickly). Can't sell or buy it, but you can give up to an ounce to other people for free.

I'm guessing that communities of growers will start popping up where they share between themselves and with friends.

I'm thinking of giving it a shot. I suck at keeping plants alive, let alone trying to imitate a light and dark cycle to force flowering cycles. But from what I've seen you can buy "autoflowering" seeds that don't require the light/dark cycle changes and flower automatically within several weeks.

• Like 1

Well friends, the future is here.  Fast-acting edibles are a thing.  They now make edibles that hit you in 5-15 minutes.  I bought a pack today see what they're about.

Jeepers.  I'm used to edibles taking anywhere from an hour to 90 minutes to hit me.  I took four gummies and in about 10 minutes WOOOOOOSH 🤯.  The head rush hit me harder than my 2nd grade bully.  I was full on smacked in 10 minutes. From edibles.

This is the same brand (nfuzed) I get my edibles from already, so I knew they'd probably be legit. But there are other brands, depending on your state.  

Highly recommend. :silly:

IMG_20210629_180034.jpg.3ec1f97c25ee636c5d490585828c97c4.jpg

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Chew said:

Well friends, the future is here.  Fast-acting edibles are a thing.  They now make edibles that hit you in 5-15 minutes.  I bought a pack today see what they're about.

Jeepers.  I'm used to edibles taking anywhere from an hour to 90 minutes to hit me.  I took four gummies and in about 10 minutes WOOOOOOSH 🤯.  The head rush hit me harder than my 2nd grade bully.  I was full on smacked in 10 minutes. From edibles.

This is the same brand (nfuzed) I get my edibles from already, so I knew they'd probably be legit. But there are other brands, depending on your state.  

Highly recommend. :silly:

IMG_20210629_180034.jpg.3ec1f97c25ee636c5d490585828c97c4.jpg

From your experience other than how fast they kick in, any other differences such as how strong (per same/similar mg amount), do they last as long when they kick in faster....etc etc...?

Want to grow your own marijuana plants? Here's what you need to know in Virginia

A new crop is on its way to gardens across Virginia.

Growing marijuana at home will be legal starting July 1, but it will not be as simple as adding it to your personal garden.

“Can a homeowner grow additional plants for someone else who may not have the space on their property to grow plants if the plants are labeled properly? asked one 13News Now viewer.

Here are the rules Virginians have to follow to participate in home cultivation and grow the plants legally.

• Virginians can grow up to four plants per household, not per person
  • Plants must be grown at a person's primary or main residence
  • Plants must be tagged with the following information: a name, driver's license or state ID number, and a notice that the plant is for personal use
  • Plants cannot be visible from public view
  • Possession is only legal for Virginians 21 years of age or older, meaning those interested in home cultivation must take steps to prevent those plants from being accessible to people younger than the legal age
  • Grown marijuana must be for personal use only
  • It remains illegal to sell or distribute marijuana to friends 
  • Adult sharing will be legal, where Virginians of legal age may freely share up to an ounce of marijuana with no transaction of goods or money
  • "Illegal" sales include seeds, clones (young plants) flower, or any other parts of the marijuana plant
  • It will remain illegal to grow more than four plants per household

“Let’s just remember: we can’t sell cigarettes out in the open, either. You can’t sell alcohol without having a license, either. So I can imagine that this will be similar once we unroll it more," Clerk of Circuit Court in Newport News Angela Reason said at a "Conversations with the Clerk" session last week.

“That could potentially be a misdemeanor or a felony, depending on the amount, any amount: selling is still a crime, less than an ounce is a misdemeanor," said Hampton Attorney Tim Clancy. "That certainly won’t change until 2024, but I don’t think it’ll ever be legal to have a secondary market for marijuana sales.”

According to advocacy group Virginia NORML, home cultivation is allowed both indoors or outdoors but may be restricted in rental housing. 

Click on the link for more

• Like 4

14 hours ago, mistertim said:

I think it's 4 plants. Anything up to an ounce is fully legal. Anything over an ounce but under a pound isn't a criminal charge...it's a $25 civil fine. Anything over a pound is a felony (that escalated quickly). Can't sell or buy it, but you can give up to an ounce to other people for free.

I'm guessing that communities of growers will start popping up where they share between themselves and with friends.

I'm thinking of giving it a shot. I suck at keeping plants alive, let alone trying to imitate a light and dark cycle to force flowering cycles. But from what I've seen you can buy "autoflowering" seeds that don't require the light/dark cycle changes and flower automatically within several weeks.

If you have any questions about growing I’ll try and help you out if I can. Auto flowers can be finicky and don’t give you time to properly train during vegetation, so you might want to weigh the pros and cons before diving in. 

Photoperiods are easier to manage in my opinion and it’s not really that difficult to go from 16/8 light cycle in veg. to a 12/12 for flower in a grow tent. You just get a timer for your light and flip your plants to 12/12 after 30-90 days of veg. Depending on cultivar and height restrictions since plants tend to stretch a couple feet or more during flower. 

I do organic, no till growing based loosely on Clackamas Coots soil mix recipe. I can’t help much with people doing synthetic grows. I don’t have the experience with it. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

From your experience other than how fast they kick in, any other differences such as how strong (per same/similar mg amount), do they last as long when they kick in faster....etc etc...?

The high came on fast.  Just 10 minutes after eating these new gummies, I went from completely sober to really high in about 10 seconds.  I had to sit down for a sec LOL.  

I was pretty high for about 3 hours before it faded.  I normally take 4 or 5 gummies, so the dosage was about the same.  

I did a bit of research last night, they've figured out how your body can absorb the THC without having to be metabolized, which is how they were able to get the effects to come on so fast.  The high itself from these fast-acting edibles (for me) was still significantly stronger than smoking flower, but not quite as intense as a "regular edible" high where the THC is processed by the liver.  It was actually quite nice.  

https://www.preparedfoods.com/articles/125543-wana-introduces-fast-acting-gummies-in-california

Fast, effective and innovative, Wana Quick Fast-Acting Gummies harness TiME (Thermodynamic Individual Molecular Encapsulation), a new quick onset technology from Azuca. While traditional edibles convert Delta-9-THC in the digestive tract to 11-Hydroxy-THC, Wana Quick gummies feature individually encapsulated Delta-9-THC cannabinoids with greater bioavailability that work at the molecular level to bypass the liver and enter the bloodstream immediately. This means onset in less than 15 mins for most, and a Delta-9-THC experience that lasts two to four hours. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, mistertim said:

Nah, IIRC Virginia put in pretty specific language in an attempt to keep people from doing that. Not exactly sure what the language is, but they apparently wanted to try and stop that sort of practice.

This is the language. It’s under two categories 

what’s legal

Adult sharing” or transferring one ounce or less of marijuana between persons who are 21 years or older without remuneration will be legal. "Adult sharing" does not include instances in which (i) marijuana is given away contemporaneously with another reciprocal transaction between the same parties; (ii) a gift of marijuana is offered or advertised in conjunction with an offer for the sale of goods or services; or (iii) a gift of marijuana is contingent upon a separate reciprocal transaction for goods or services.

what’s illegal

It will remain illegal to distribute or sell marijuana, and/or to possess any amount of marijuana with the intent to distribute or sell it. This prohibition applies equally to businesses, which will not be permitted to sell, “gift,” or in any other way distribute marijuana. For more information on how to obtain a license to sell marijuana in the future, see Adult-Use Cannabis Commercial Sales below.

Source:

https://www.cannabis.virginia.gov/

Growing is easy. You can invest a wide range of money into it. 

@Springfield

start here:

https://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/guides/?_ga=2.111182787.650810823.1625097152-1941041598.1624582454

if you don’t want to grow find someone who does

It’s not that hard

Ps - if you go for a kit don’t skimp on the light

get a good light. And consider lifespan vs upfront cost  vs electricity. The ones that cost more up front cost less over time. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Legal to grow up to 3 plants

4 plants. 

• Adults 21 and over will also be allowed to grow up to four plants per household (not per person), according to specified requirements (see “Home Cultivation” below).

figure 3-4 months a cycle. 12-16 plants a year. Guess 10 oz a plant cause you all apparently know nothing so we’ll be super conservative. 40 oz’s a cycle. (16oz = 1 lbs btw) 120-160 oz’s a year. That’s 7.5-10 lbs a year. That’s a lot of weed if you’re not selling it. Even if you smoke all day every day, that’s a lot of weed. 

the biggest issue is variety honestly but there will be dispensaries in 2024

So yeah if you find someone growing it, odds are they can help you out. Unless they’re selling it then they’re not doing it legally anyways. 

and if you have the ability (keep from kids, space (closet will work), etc) it’s not hard and even you guys should be able to put out a couple lbs of it a year 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tshile said:

There you go. 

im sure there will be a way to figure it out  if you find people selling kits that’s fine just be mindful of the light 

So are there rules for edibles & carts in VA starting 7/1?

I kind of see this like the ****ed up rules in DC: Buy a $80* t-shirt & get some bud/edibles/cart for free. If so, I'm going into the pop-up business in RVA - I think. Street cart on Cary Street near some ES peeps store with a good selection could be gold**.

*Prolly not the right price

**Wife would veto, who am I kidding. Maybe I could fund undercover as an 'investment' with a hands off approach...

9 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

So are there rules for edibles & carts in VA starting 7/1?

Nope. Privately making concentrate is illegal

It will remain illegal to grow more than four plants, to sell or distribute marijuana grown at home, or to manufacture marijuana concentrate from home-cultivated marijuana. Individuals who chose to do so are subject to criminal penalties.

so you have to wait until you can buy it from a licensed person 

and we don’t know what those rules are because the people responsible for making them aren’t allowed to start working on it until tomorrow. 

10 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

kind of see this like the ****ed up rules in DC: Buy a $80* t-shirt & get some bud/edibles/cart for free. I

This is very much illegal like I said earlier. 

Virginia will only allow sales through licensed sellers. 

Edited by tshile

We’ve had the fast acting edibles in CO for a little bit now. I typically buy Wana brand. My only complaint is the taste—super chemically. I prefer good ol’ reliable, slow release edibles but sometimes my kids are being so annoying I need something faster. “Oh, I’d rather drink a beer than win father of the year...”

I don’t really have much interest in growing herb. I’ve got 3 kids in the house. I’d prefer just to toke or have an eddy maybe once a month or two and just zone and get my mind right. Growing has always been a game of care and I’d probably **** it up.