Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Have you ever smoked Weed before???

Renegade7

Have you ever smoked Weed before??? Do you still?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever smoked weed before???

• Yes, and I liked it
    • Yes, but I didn't like it
    • No, but I'm open to trying it at some point
    • No, and I'm never going to

We Found the World's Worst Weed: ‘Paraguayo’

Juan hacked a marijuana plant with a machete, carried it to a black tarp, and began pulling off the flowers as fast as he could. The plants had been sprayed with agrochemicals repeatedly over the month prior to kill insects that infest his family’s fields. Then he left the buds drying in the sun between intermittent rain showers, before they’d be bundled up, and sold for next to nothing. 

These are the first steps toward harvesting and preparing some of the worst weed in the world.

Juan and his family, who asked that their real names not be used, cultivate six hectares of clandestine marijuana plants in rural Paraguay—the landlocked nation that is believed to be the third- or fourth-largest cannabis-producing nation on Earth and the top producer in the Southern Hemisphere.

The so-called “Paraguayo” or “Paraguaya” brick weed is sold around South America at dirt-cheap prices and is widely considered to be some of the lowest-quality cannabis available. Beyond the haphazard production technique of compacting the brick to make it easier to smuggle, the marijuana becomes adulterated in several ways before it reaches consumers outside of Paraguay. 

1650383779520-worlds-worst-weed-paraguay

Cannabis experts, local producers, and law enforcement gave myriad additional reasons why the pressed marijuana is so unhealthy. The plants are pressed using rudimentary machines made of metal or wood that are usually dirty. The plant itself is often wet, or mixed with marmalade or Coca-Cola soda knockoffs, to help it stick together and compact. This causes bacteria and fungi to fester inside of the brick. The gangs who press the weed also regularly leave the seeds inside, which, after being compressed, release a urine-ish smell into the marijuana. 

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2022 at 1:19 AM, China said:

We Found the World's Worst Weed: ‘Paraguayo’

Juan hacked a marijuana plant with a machete, carried it to a black tarp, and began pulling off the flowers as fast as he could. The plants had been sprayed with agrochemicals repeatedly over the month prior to kill insects that infest his family’s fields. Then he left the buds drying in the sun between intermittent rain showers, before they’d be bundled up, and sold for next to nothing. 

These are the first steps toward harvesting and preparing some of the worst weed in the world.

Juan and his family, who asked that their real names not be used, cultivate six hectares of clandestine marijuana plants in rural Paraguay—the landlocked nation that is believed to be the third- or fourth-largest cannabis-producing nation on Earth and the top producer in the Southern Hemisphere.

The so-called “Paraguayo” or “Paraguaya” brick weed is sold around South America at dirt-cheap prices and is widely considered to be some of the lowest-quality cannabis available. Beyond the haphazard production technique of compacting the brick to make it easier to smuggle, the marijuana becomes adulterated in several ways before it reaches consumers outside of Paraguay. 

1650383779520-worlds-worst-weed-paraguay

Cannabis experts, local producers, and law enforcement gave myriad additional reasons why the pressed marijuana is so unhealthy. The plants are pressed using rudimentary machines made of metal or wood that are usually dirty. The plant itself is often wet, or mixed with marmalade or Coca-Cola soda knockoffs, to help it stick together and compact. This causes bacteria and fungi to fester inside of the brick. The gangs who press the weed also regularly leave the seeds inside, which, after being compressed, release a urine-ish smell into the marijuana. 

Click on the link for the full article

So this is where all the weed I got in high school came from…

I just got my medical marijuana card.  Planning on going to dispensary tomorrow but was wondering if you all had any advice I should know.  My smoking experience is basically the crap weed I could afford as a kid and then a little bit I scored from a relative.  So now that I am about to legally jump in with both feet, what should I know?

*I have zero interest in growing anything,  just buying and smoking.

• Thumb up 1

First time in VA, they make you fill out a bunch of paperwork. After that, just show an ID & your med card. We can order pickup online (not the 1st time). 

Just like your corner pusher, they only take cash. 

Sativa, Indica or Hybrid? Figure out what strain you want.    

https://www.healthline.com/health/sativa-vs-indica#overview

Flower, edible, vape/cartridge, extract, pre-roll, tincture, extract (I'm sure there are others) - how do you want to ingest it?  

I vape and have one of these. It's a little bit bigger than a Zippo lighter. It will hold both .5g & 1g cartridges. For the price, I'm happy with it.

https://www.yocanvaporizer.com/products/yocan-uni-pro-2-0

First time I went I asked the stoner behind the counter what he liked & went with the vape & edible he suggested. I get that most of the time but have tried a few other vapes & edibles. In my opinion, the med vapes are legit and better than other vapes I've tried. The California products I got a few years back are also very good quality (carts, flower & edible).  . 

On the edibles, ours are 10 or 20 to a pack. They sell them showing the total THC per pack - 53.9mg CBD/91.7mg THC. Meaning 5.39mg CBD/9.17mg THC each (in a 10 pack). Definitely proceed with caution on these. I know guys that can eat a 25mg THC gummy & play golf. I'd be curled up in bed if I did that. My latest are 7.2/6.4 each & are about where I want to be during the day. I have a low tolerance even with flower. 

We have a very limited product variety and it's pricey based on what I've seen in other states.

Edited by EmirOfShmo
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

I just got my medical marijuana card.  Planning on going to dispensary tomorrow but was wondering if you all had any advice I should know.  My smoking experience is basically the crap weed I could afford as a kid and then a little bit I scored from a relative.  So now that I am about to legally jump in with both feet, what should I know?

Take it slow and do not underestimate edibles. Edibles can be the quickest way to a very uncomfortable experience. Also wait to see how a hit effects you before taking more some of that stuff will creep up on you and your be blitzed more than you wanted because it didn’t kick in right away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, EmirOfShmo said:

First time in VA, they make you fill out a bunch of paperwork. After that, just show an ID & your med card. We can order pickup online (not the 1st time). 

I'm in Missouri so I'll see what they male me do the first time.  Thanks for the other info though!

I’m an older guy, and dig the edibles. As stated above, it’ll take a little time to figure out how they effect you. You can get 20pc packages if 5mg bites, and I’d suggest starting there. I particularly like a product made by Terra that are sea salt caramel bites. They are a Sativa-Indica hybrid. Nice mellow buzz.  I can still get a light buzz off 5mg, but go 10 when I wanna get stoned, and sleep.

Sativa will give me a more hyped up buzz, and can be troubling for some the first time or two. Indica, to me, is a deeper, more “stoned” buzz, and I prefer that. When I want a good night sleep, a little Indica gummie before dinner does the trick. By 10pm I’ll be ready to sleep like a baby.

And as Tusk said, wait on the buzz with edibles. You’ll usually start feeling a little something about a half hour in, but many will take a hour plus to REALLY kick in.

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

Get something that’s energetic and something that’s good for movies/tv. Get something that’s in between. Figure out which one you like or at least know which mood matches what. 

Leafly.com is a great site for looking that stuff up. 

They should also have someone there to assist you. 

id chill on the edibles for now and focus on flower until you get a feel for your tolerance and stuff. Edibles take longer and you can’t really control it - what you eat is what you get. Last longer yoo. Smoke is quick, you can try different amounts and it won’t ruin the next 5 hours of your life 😂 

And don’t worry about sativa vs indica, it’s mostly old hat now anyways. Worry about where they are on the lazy <-> energetic spectrum 

Edited by tshile

Seeing all of the commercials about paraquat scare me, because I know some stuff I smoked in the 90s was coated in it.  That being said, nothing now is crap because it's been made by science(!) and folks know what they're doing.  Whatever you choose will be amazing, especially if you've been out of the game for a while.  Have fun, try everything! 

I usually have a Delta gummy about 9pm, good sleep. 

2 hours ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

I'm in Missouri so I'll see what they male me do the first time.  Thanks for the other info though!

My buddy is in STL suburbs & he's one of the guys that eats a 25mg THC & goes & plays golf and he's 66yo. Seems you'll have good options.

Heed the advice on gummies - low & slow wins the race. Wait at least 40 minutes after you eat it to get a feel for the high. It will increase from there & level off. Adding to it too early isn't a good idea.

I like the vape convenience but I prefer flower. Wife isn't into it so vape & gummies for me are the easiest.

Edited by EmirOfShmo
  • Like 1