Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Have you ever smoked Weed before???

Renegade7

Have you ever smoked Weed before??? Do you still?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever smoked weed before???

• Yes, and I liked it
    • Yes, but I didn't like it
    • No, but I'm open to trying it at some point
    • No, and I'm never going to

On 11/25/2021 at 1:50 PM, Fresh8686 said:

What strains are you/Tim running for

your “first grow”? 😄

LoL. My first grow was some strain of skunk, decades ago. Back then you never really knew what you were getting. Most people that grew (recreationally) just had a film canister of seeds they kept, after sifting buds out on a vinyl record cover. Could turn out great, could turn out dirt, could look great but taste like dirt, could look like dirt but taste great, etc. lol God I miss those days. ✌️

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

The best thing about visiting my daughter for Thanksgiving in Ann Arbor, aside from her finally getting to see her boys beat OSU her senior year, is dispensaries on almost every corner in AA. Will be a HAPPY holiday season for me!

Already Venmoing her so she can bring me more goodies when she comes home for Christmas.😁

Edited by Long n Left
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Day 65 of Flower. These will be getting a 36 hour dark cycle starting Sunday night and chopped on Tuesday, Day 69. Lemon Zkittlez is chunking up very nicely and I want to give her another couple days to reach her full potential. 

First two are Nana Glue. Next four are Royal Limez. Then two shots of Lemon Zkittlez and finally two pics of Mendo Purple Urkle. 

87D81A77-8179-47E8-8F64-111E447EB2D9.jpeg

BEC7BB9B-5ADC-42F1-9FB5-4B2C75A289EF.jpeg

EF8571C5-98C2-4AE4-AB19-30C111848A41.jpeg

CCDE7D8C-EEF5-46E4-920E-3FA23C33DC08.jpeg

64C87270-D030-48DD-A5BC-B6104A6A05E3.jpeg

1F243417-15C5-483D-A9D1-3C3B7BB22A65.jpeg

D108653B-0D0A-453A-8D8E-5C28C54E7846.jpeg

CE2A4B5A-DB13-4E1B-BEF1-FD4171FD609B.jpeg

EFE59566-E1A7-4200-AD8C-ACE01955A97B.jpeg

14FE680E-A952-40B5-9023-9750664D1654.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 5

@Fresh8686Those are looking great.

Unfortunately I'm dealing with what I believe is a pretty bad phosphorus deficiency in my plants at the moment so I'm trying to remedy that with some 0-7-5 Flower Stacker. It's wild how quickly it happened too. They were looking fine a week ago and now are noticeably having some major issues.

Maybe I waited for too long to start adding external nutes and was relying on my soil for too long in the worry of causing nutrient burn. Hopefully this Flower Stacker will help. I'm probably about 2-3 weeks away from harvest so hopefully that will give them time to rebound. The buds are still looking decent for the most part but leaves are definitely showing deficiency.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

20 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

@mistertim damn, I’m sorry to hear that. I don’t know much about flower stacker, but I hope it helps and it’s fast acting. If that doesn’t work you could try nectar of the gods phosphorus lines. 

Thanks, yeah I was surprised at how fast it came on, though it's possible that they showed some minor signs before now and I just didn't notice because I'm such a novice. Apparently phosphorus deficiency can be amplified in high light environments and I have a fairly powerful LED for a 2x4 tent so perhaps that's why it advanced so rapidly once it hit a certain threshold.

I've read good stuff about Flower Stacker so hopefully it does the trick. I'd thought about possibly using dry amendments but those are just too slow acting and I want to try and halt the problem as soon as possible.

The buds are still fattening up decently, but you can see the phosphorus deficiency in the purple discoloration of the leaves. There are also some leaves getting dark spots and curling up on another plant which is apparently another sign of phosphorus deficiency. At first I thought it was nute burn, but I'd hardly been giving them much at all so I knew that wasn't really the issue. Hopefully I can fix the deficiency pretty quickly. Planning on giving them a good dose of Flower Stacker when I water tomorrow morning. So hopefully I'll have a decent idea of how much it helped in the next couple of days.

5pvVkv.jpg

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Very nice looking buds you guys! Fresh may need to throw that batch out. They look like they may be too sticky to mess with. 🤪

Tim, I wouldn't get too concerned with this batch. They look like they're very close to harvest already. Sometimes you can get freaked out late in a cycle. In my experience, ph was the biggest factor to deficiencies, whether it be soil or hydroponic solution. If it gets off, it'll effect the plants ability to absorb nutrients. Now, take everything I say with a grain of salt, I've not kept up with nor grown in 30 years, so times and techniques have probably changed. Either way, I think those buds will be fine! 

Keep posting those pics! It's good therapy for those of us living in un-kind states.. ✌️

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, GoDeep81 said:

Very nice looking buds you guys! Fresh may need to throw that batch out. They look like they may be too sticky to mess with. 🤪

Tim, I wouldn't get too concerned with this batch. They look like they're very close to harvest already. Sometimes you can get freaked out late in a cycle. In my experience, ph was the biggest factor to deficiencies, whether it be soil or hydroponic solution. If it gets off, it'll effect the plants ability to absorb nutrients. Now, take everything I say with a grain of salt, I've not kept up with nor grown in 30 years, so times and techniques have probably changed. Either way, I think those buds will be fine! 

Keep posting those pics! It's good therapy for those of us living in un-kind states.. ✌️

No kidding! @Fresh8686's plants look like freakin sour patch kids!

Thanks for the advice. I'm probably worrying too much, but it's my first grow and it's pretty obvious something is off and it seemed to happen so fast. I think my soil PH is ok. I PH my water to around 6.5 and also did a runoff test of it when I watered a few days ago and it was around 6.4 or so which I think should be fine for nute uptake.

I think the unfortunate likelihood is that in my concern about giving too many nutrients and causing burn I inadvertently went in the opposite direction by not giving enough once the Fox Farms soil mix I'm using was depleted and they needed more P and K for flowering support. My understanding is that soil is usually is good for 4 or 5 weeks without external nutrients but I went up to 7 or so. Partially it was because the plants were looking ok and I figured if it ain't broke don't fix it. Live and learn!

I already have some nice new seeds for my next grow so I can apply my lessons learned to that. As you noted, these NLs are not far from harvest. I'll need to get a decent look at the trichomes but I'm guessing another 2 weeks max. I'm hoping I can sort out this phosphorus deficiency (assuming that's the actual problem) soon so the buds can have enough nutrients to get fatter and denser. As they are now they're not going to win any Cannabis Cups, but they're not too shabby for a first grow I suppose.

• Thumb up 1

On 12/4/2021 at 9:32 PM, Springfield said:

Stopped by Gifted Curators in DC yesterday. Was hoping to cop some sativa but they didn’t have any. I got Cherry Pie and Sour Pez, which I have no idea if are any good or not. We’ll see I guess. They did add in a free pre roll for tipping nice though.

They had absolutely nothing that was dominant sativa??

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

They had absolutely nothing that was dominant sativa??

Nope. It’s funny cause a couple of days earlier they did but when I showed up on Friday their menu was different. I just checked today, even different stuff with Sativa hybrids. I got enough stuff to probably last me a few months at the rate I consume though. Maybe the spring time will have different selections.

29 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Nope. It’s funny cause a couple of days earlier they did but when I showed up on Friday their menu was different. I just checked today, even different stuff with Sativa hybrids. I got enough stuff to probably last me a few months at the rate I consume though. Maybe the spring time will have different selections.

Interesting. I wonder if sativa is more popular in general or not. I'm personally more of an indica guy, as I enjoy a nice relaxing body high, but I do also like hybrids that have some body and some head as well. Pure sativa tends to make my anxiety worse sometimes so I usually stay away from it or I'm just very cautious in how much I smoke.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Got some trichome pics. Curious what you guys think as far as how close they are to harvest (especially @Fresh8686). Each one is from one of the 3 plants. My gut intinct is that I'm probably about a week or so away as some of them are cloudy now.

Plant 1

737af4.jpg

Plant 2

737E57.jpg

Plant 3

7378e1.jpg

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fresh8686 said:

@mistertim

Yea, you still have a week or two depending on how these particular strains ripen. You still got quite a few clear heads.

Have the buds started swelling and chunking up? I saw quite a bit of growth in weeks 8 and 9 that I'm glad I didn't miss out on.

Thanks. Yeah that was my guess...probably another week or two since there were still plenty of clear heads.

They have chunked up a decent amount since they first flowered, though I'm a little worried that the apparently P deficiency I had may have stunted their development. I've been working on remedying that with the Flower Stacker and I'm starting to see some hopeful signs (some new green sugar leaves growing on buds now) but who knows how much it will have messed things up in the end.

Either way, even if it was stunted a bit, I'll still hopefully get a fair amount of decent quality bud, which is basically all I was hoping for out of my first grow. Next grow I'll be able to apply lessons learned. 

How close are you to harvest now? IIRC you were really close last week or so.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Thanks. Yeah that was my guess...probably another week or two since there were still plenty of clear heads.

They have chunked up a decent amount since they first flowered, though I'm a little worried that the apparently P deficiency I had may have stunted their development. I've been working on remedying that with the Flower Stacker and I'm starting to see some hopeful signs (some new green sugar leaves growing on buds now) but who knows how much it will have messed things up in the end.

Either way, even if it was stunted a bit, I'll still hopefully get a fair amount of decent quality bud, which is basically all I was hoping for out of my first grow. Next grow I'll be able to apply lessons learned. 

How close are you to harvest now? IIRC you were really close last week or so.

Yea, I think you should still see a decent return and you gained a lot of valuable experience for your next run. Are you making sure to cut your nitrogen from your feedings by or before the last two weeks of flower? I flush with straight water only the last two weeks, so when I do my dry/cure, I don't have to worry about my buds having that weird hay smell.

I'm harvesting today after having my girls in darkness for the last 36 hours. They smell even better since there has been no light to volatile their terpenes. The plan is to chop and hang them in the tent to dry for the next 2-3 weeks at around 60 Degrees Fahrenheit and 60 humidity. Then I'll put them in grove bags for curing/storage.

7 hours ago, Fresh8686 said:

Yea, I think you should still see a decent return and you gained a lot of valuable experience for your next run. Are you making sure to cut your nitrogen from your feedings by or before the last two weeks of flower? I flush with straight water only the last two weeks, so when I do my dry/cure, I don't have to worry about my buds having that weird hay smell.

I'm harvesting today after having my girls in darkness for the last 36 hours. They smell even better since there has been no light to volatile their terpenes. The plan is to chop and hang them in the tent to dry for the next 2-3 weeks at around 60 Degrees Fahrenheit and 60 humidity. Then I'll put them in grove bags for curing/storage.

Nice. I've read differing opinions on the dark cycle before harvesting vs not. So in your experience it definitely makes a difference in the quality? I'm starting to think about the drying and curing process now as well. I'm assuming I can just use my grow tent and try to keep it at a certain humidity and temp. 

Yeah I'm not feeding any supplemental nitrogen at all now. My feeding includes some epsom salt, Humbolt Secret Golden Tree, Humbolt secret Sweet and Sticky additive (basically a source of carbohydrates and microbe food), and Humbolt Secret Flower Stacker, which is 0-7-5.

I was actually wondering about flushing. It's an odd situation for me because I know I probably only have 2 weeks left until harvest so usually one would probably consider just water from now until harvest. But since I had the P deficiency I'm trying to right that ship at the moment. Maybe I'll keep doing the feeding for another week, then let the chips fall where they may and flush for the last one or so.

Edited by mistertim

@mistertim I think the difference in smell is mostly because they have been producing terpenes for two days with no high intensity light to volatile it. There was a study that showed an increase in thc and terps with the extended night cycle but I haven’t read it myself. 

Yea, your probably making the right decision to feed with phosphorus one more time and then start flushing. There was another study done that showed flushing created no difference in taste or experience and respondents preferred the non-flushed choice in the study. However, there is definitely something to excess nitrogen and that hay smell so as long as you’re avoiding that you should hopefully be good. 

Hopefully that makes sense. I had a j of Chemdog and it’s got my head all cloudy. At least this one tasted like black licorice instead of pcp.