Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Have you ever smoked Weed before???

Renegade7

Have you ever smoked Weed before??? Do you still?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever smoked weed before???

• Yes, and I liked it
    • Yes, but I didn't like it
    • No, but I'm open to trying it at some point
    • No, and I'm never going to

Our Ladies of the Perpetual High

How a New Age order of feminist nuns is reimagining spiritual devotion and trying to heal the world — one joint at a time

In the middle of California’s Central Valley, in a modest milky-blue home on one acre of farmland, lives a small group of nuns. They wear habits and abide by a set of vows, but as the door opens, it’s clear that the Sisters of the Valley, as they’re known, aren’t living in a traditional convent. Because as the scent wafts out, it’s unambiguous: It’s the earthy, pungent smell of weed.

Click on the link for the full article

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

Ok, after 8 days of drying, the buds are now curing. Ended up with just about 7 ounces dry, which is more than I expected so I'm pretty happy. Smoked a little last night to sample and it was really good but still a tiny bit harsh, which is where I'm sure the curing will come in.

Y1flxR.jpg

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

15 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Anyone tried Cereal Milk?  

I had 5 to choose from,  I could've mixed but...

HOLY, this stuff is pungent.  Like from really far away contained. 

I'm happy with my choice. :silly:

Nice, I've got some Cobra Milk seeds which are Cereal Milk x Jealousy. Cereal Milk is a good cookies cut and i think it's a different pheno of the mom and dad that created the super popular Gary Payton strain. You definitely made a good choice.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Fresh8686 said:

Nice, I've got some Cobra Milk seeds which are Cereal Milk x Jealousy. Cereal Milk is a good cookies cut and i think it's a different pheno of the mom and dad that created the super popular Gary Payton strain. You definitely made a good choice.

I chose it by sight, he has 'em in mason jars.

DUDE. 

I got home about half an hour ago...fed the cats, scooped the poop, changed clothes, all upstairs stuff.  The instant I hit the 4th step downstairs, I could smell it.  It's double-bagged in a ****in' Rubbermaid box under a chair.  I changed all of the air fresheners yesterday. 

This is some serious ****.  Highly recommend the FoodSaver, and I don't think that would even work so I'm not gonna waste the effort.  

One hit, I'm stupid high.  And I've been doing this for almost 40 years.  Unreal. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

I chose it by sight, he has 'em in mason jars.

DUDE. 

I got home about half an hour ago...fed the cats, scooped the poop, changed clothes, all upstairs stuff.  The instant I hit the 4th step downstairs, I could smell it.  It's double-bagged in a ****in' Rubbermaid box under a chair.  I changed all of the air fresheners yesterday. 

This is some serious ****.  Highly recommend the FoodSaver, and I don't think that would even work so I'm not gonna waste the effort.  

One hit, I'm stupid high.  And I've been doing this for almost 40 years.  Unreal. 

Lol, that’s awesome. If you really need something to control that smell I highly recommend ordering some bear bags online. Their less clunky than a mason jar, cheap, come in all different sizes and are smell proof. You can get ‘em from Amazon or places like REI. 

Edited by Fresh8686
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

‘Talk About Clusterf---’: Why Legal Weed Didn’t Kill Oregon’s Black Market

The first unlicensed cannabis grow popped up near Gary Longnecker’s remote Southern Oregon home seven years ago. Now there are six farms surrounding the densely-forested property.

“Last night I woke up at 12:30 with gunshots. [Then again] this morning, seven o’clock,” Longnecker said as he and I walked his land in November. “That’s them intimidating all of us neighbors to keep out of their face.”

A Vietnam veteran and former firefighter, Longnecker retired to the woods of southern Oregon almost 30 years ago to get some peace and quiet, but that’s not exactly what he’s found. Historically a logging community, the residents of the Illinois Valley near Cave Junction are still drastically outnumbered by trees — and they prefer it that way. In most places, you could yell at the top of your lungs from your front door without another soul hearing. Many people in the county own a gun, and typically aim them at deer or bears — not their neighbors. But since the cannabis farmers moved in (none of whom appear to be licensed based on state records), Longnecker says he’s had bullets whiz by his head when working outside, and regularly hears gunshots in the middle of the night.

Trash and toilet paper are littered around the thin wire fence that separates his forested land from each cannabis farm. As Longnecker gave me a tour of his property, a few people could be seen moving around on the property through the scattered pine trees and partially-deconstructed hoop houses. Longnecker’s partner called out to them in broken Spanish, since she believed most of the workers were Hispanic. No one answered.

A few moments later, shots rang out.

“So that’s called intimidation,” Longnecker said as we hurried away. It’s a word that I heard often when I spoke with residents about their marijuana-growing neighbors.

Over the last two years, there’s been such an influx of outlaw farmers that southern Oregon now rivals California’s notorious Emerald Triangle as a national center of illegal weed cultivation. Even though marijuana cultivation has been legal in Oregon since 2014, Jackson County Sheriff Nate Sickler says there could be up to 1,000 illegal operations in a region of more than 4,000 square miles. The Oregon Liquor and Cannabis Commission, which oversees the state’s $1.2 billion legal cannabis industry, estimates the number of illicit operations is double that.

Local law enforcement officials believe that people from every U.S. state and as many as 20 countries have purchased property in Jackson or Josephine counties. Cartels roll in and offer long-time residents as much as a million dollars in cash for their property, and hoop houses follow soon after the sale is complete. Residents have become accustomed to hearing Bulgarian, Chinese, Russian and even Hebrew spoken at the grocery store.

“Two weeks ago, we took down a Bulgarian operation and in the same week an Argentinian operation,” said Josephine County Sheriff Dave Daniel, adding that they’ve also recently dealt with Chinese- and Mexican-run oufits.

“A lot of these organizations, before the legal market came into effect, would grow in the forest lands — they’d be up in the hills,” explained Obie Strickler, a licensed cannabis grower in Josephine County. “Now they’re … right out in the open.”

So....Virginia Med weed license update: Originally supposed to take 30 business days + 7 days to review & send out card. Now, 60 business days. My app was submitted November 12, 2021. I'm now looking at least February 4, 2022. Ugh...this sucks. Add: a card to buy ****ty weed at inflated prices. Yay...

• Sad 1
  • Thumb down 2

5 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

So....Virginia Med weed license update: Originally supposed to take 30 business days + 7 days to review & send out card. Now, 60 business days. My app was submitted November 12, 2021. I'm now looking at least February 4, 2022. Ugh...this sucks. Add: a card to buy ****ty weed at inflated prices. Yay...

I'm in the buckle of the Bible belt and will never be able to even TRY to do that. 🙄

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

I submitted a medical marijuana application a couple of months ago and it's still sitting in the doldrums. I think VA is just super slow with that stuff at the moment. I'm sure COVID didn't help the situation any.

Do you have any friends nearby who grow or have some? It's legal for them to give it to you as long as there's no type of payment. I'd offer you some of my grow that I just harvested but I don't think you're in the Northern VA area (if you are, let me know and I'll hook you up.)

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I submitted a medical marijuana application a couple of months ago and it's still sitting in the doldrums. I think VA is just super slow with that stuff at the moment. I'm sure COVID didn't help the situation any.

Do you have any friends nearby who grow or have some? It's legal for them to give it to you as long as there's no type of payment. I'd offer you some of my grow that I just harvested but I don't think you're in the Northern VA area (if you are, let me know and I'll hook you up.)

Thanks for the offer I'm in RVA. Yeah, I have some friends where I can score some. 

I sent an email today, got a generic email response & then got a more personal email after hours from them. Basically, lots of applications, few people, covid...etc. I get it. I asked to make sure I had all the proper info submitted. The second email confirmed I did. I'm guessing I'm close....

Side note: ****ty process. I paid for Dr. interview, filed the Virginia paperwork, paid Virginia and can't see my application status anywhere online. And no direct contact email or address to check status. Sucks...

Edited by EmirOfShmo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Dig it. But you prolly got better sources than the Va Weed Control Board. 😀

Maybe, but I don't like it being this way.  

Sheesh, I'm not an impressionable kid.  I'm way old enough to know what I'm doing. 

I hear talk around work about grams and just :rofl89:

• Like 1

On 5/4/2019 at 10:53 PM, China said:

Not weed, but...

'It makes me enjoy playing with the kids': is microdosing mushrooms going mainstream?

Rosie has just returned from the school run. She drops a bag of groceries on to her kitchen table, and reaches for a clear plastic cup, covered by a white hanky and sealed with a hairband. Inside is a grey powder; her finely ground homegrown magic mushrooms.

“I’ll take a very small dose, every three or four days,” she says, weighing out a thumbnail of powder on digital jewellery scales, purchased for their precision. “People take well over a gram recreationally. I weigh out about 0.12g and then just swallow it, like any food. It gives me an alertness, an assurance. I move from a place of anxiety to a normal state of confidence, not overconfidence.”

Over the last 12 months, I have been hearing the same story from a small but increasing number of women. At parties and even at the school gates, they have told me about a new secret weapon that is boosting their productivity at work, improving their parenting and enhancing their relationships. Not clean-eating or mindfulness but microdosing – taking doses of psychedelic drugs so tiny they are considered to be “subperceptual”. In other words, says Rosie: “You don’t feel high, just… better.”

It’s a trend that first emerged in San Francisco less than a decade ago. Unlike the hippies who flocked to the city in the 60s, these new evangelists of psychedelic drugs were not seeking oblivion. Quite the opposite. While a “full” tripping dose of LSD is about 100 micrograms, online forums began to buzz with ambitious tech workers from Silicon Valley eulogising the effect of taking 10 to 20 micrograms every few days. Others used magic mushrooms. While both drugs are illegal in the US and the UK, increasing numbers claimed that tiny amounts were making them more focused, creative and productive.

Yet the scientific evidence remains shaky. The latest study, published in February in the open- access journal Plos One and led by cognitive scientist Vince Polito, tracked the experience of 98 microdosers who were already using psychedelics – a class of drugs including LSD and psilocybin (the active ingredient in magic mushrooms).

There is, the study noted, “a perception of microdosing as a general panacea that is able to improve virtually all aspects of an individual’s life”. All 98 participants expected its benefits to be “large and wide-ranging”. Yet while some clear changes were noted – decreased mind-wandering, for example – the study found no evidence of increased creativity or life satisfaction. In fact, after six weeks of microdosing, a small increase in neuroticism was noted.

The study’s participants did, however, report lower levels of stress and depression. It was this that drew Rosie to try it. “I’ve done the traditional treatments,” she tells me. “Therapy helped hugely – it got me out of a seriously bad place and to a functioning one. And for many years, I was functioning very well, outwardly. No one would have known. But inside, I was a mess.”

Antidepressants failed to work, so she stopped taking them after the birth of her second child, comforting herself with alcohol instead. “I wasn’t getting blind drunk and peeling myself off pavements,” she says. “But if I felt bad, my mind would immediately travel to the next drink I could have. It was the only thing that helped block out the sadness.”

That changed about a year ago, when friends began talking about microdosing. Rosie wondered whether it might have a positive effect on her mental health. She gave up booze, went online and found a company in Holland selling kits for growing your own magic mushrooms.

In the very early days, she got the dosage slightly wrong and found herself, “not tripping at all, but staring at a tree for slightly longer than passersby would find normal”. Otherwise, she says, the only down side is, “I can’t take it after 5pm or I can’t sleep.”

She is scrupulously careful to keep her mushrooms far out of the reach of her pre-teen children. “But it definitely doesn’t impair my ability to parent,” she says. “If anything, my awareness is sharpened.”

in 2011, came The Psychedelic Explorer’s Guide. Written by American psychologist and researcher James Fadiman, it introduced the term microdosing into popular culture, setting out appropriate doses (10 micrograms of LSD every three days) and including glowing first-hand reports of improved productivity. He attracted evangelical followers in the US, and then across the world. Scientific research into the practice began, too.

“There’s only one genuine concern about microdosing,” says David Nutt, former chief drugs adviser to the government and author of Drugs: Without The Hot Air. “There’s a theoretical possibility that a relatively low dose of LSD, taken every day, could narrow the heart valves.” Beyond that, he says, there is no evidence that even “full” doses of LSD are dangerous to health (though clearly, the ill-advised actions of those under its effects can be). But users should not underestimate its illegality: “Possession carries a maximum penalty of seven years in prison,” he says.

Chloe is 40, lives in Yorkshire and runs a business in the hospitality sector. Like Rosie, she began microdosing as a means of addressing mental health problems, after suffering “quite a serious breakdown”. Unlike her, however, she uses LSD, cutting a tab into 16 tiny triangles – a process she acknowledges is “inexact” – and taking one of these on each microdosing day.

“You can get acid delivered from the dark web, if you have a techy friend,” she says. “Otherwise you have to get it through dealers, unfortunately.” A 200mcg tab, costs her about £5, making each microdose come in at 30p. Given the irregularity with which she microdoses, she estimates that she is spending about £2 a month.

“If the impact on my life is finally finding a way out of depression, then I’m comfortable making that choice,” she says. “The first day I microdosed was the best day I’d had in five years. For so long, I’d felt like I’d been sedated. It’s so miserable when you know you used to be excitable and enthusiastic. But that day, it felt like a lightbulb had been turned on in my mind. I felt giddy, just really glad to be alive. I’d not had those feelings for so, so long.”

It hasn’t been totally straightforward; the first time her partner tried microdosing, “he had a massive panic attack. It really amplified his anxiety,” she says. 

Why Is Everyone Smoking Toad Venom?

In Southampton, soccer moms drop their kids off at school after taking their thrice-weekly microdose of psilocybin mushrooms, then meet for oat milk lattes. In Sun Valley, private retreats dedicated to tripping on MDMA or the Amazonian elixir ayahuasca are becoming almost as common as backyard barbecues. (Just don’t bring the kids.) In Silicon Valley, tech entrepreneurs and financiers turned psychonauts believe that taking small doses of LSD, in either liquid or tab form, helps with creativity and productivity in the workforce. Even rightwing internet investor Peter Thiel has put a formidable stake in Compass Pathways, a publicly traded psychedelic medicine company.

But now there’s a weirder, wilder new drug appearing on the menu for moneyed types in search of mind expansion: the Toad, otherwise known as 5-MeO-DMT (or, if you really want to know its correct name, 5-methoxy-N, N-dimethyltryptamine), or DMT, or Bufo. In his landmark 2018 memoir, How to Change Your Mind, Michael Pollan referred to it as the Everest of psychedelics.

Tamer El-Shakhs, an owner of the chic Malibu dispensary 99 High Tide and a sommelier, if you will, of all things hallucinogenic, told me that just as Everest is a mountain you would climb only a few times in your life, Bufo is a drug you would not want to take more than a few times. “It is so intense, and the experience so total and so life-changing, that I don’t think you would want to do it—or need to do it—more than a couple of times,” he says. Yet none of that has stopped a number of celebrities from openly talking about their experiences, from Mike Tyson to Chelsea Handler to reality TV star Christina Haack, who wrote about her Bufo experience in an Instagram post last July. “I had taken time off social, hired a spiritual coach, and smoked a Bufo toad (which basically reset my brain and kicked out years of anxiety in 15 mins),” she wrote. Hunter Biden has described it as a “salve” in helping him kick drug addiction.

What exactly are these people smoking? Bufo is the venom of the Sonoran desert toad, Bufo alvarius, which contains the molecule 5-MeO-DMT, one of the most potent psychotropic drugs ever discovered. Until recently it was so obscure the U.S. government did not list it as a controlled substance until 2011. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 1/20/2022 at 8:43 PM, mistertim said:

My buddy got his card a few weeks ago. Think it took about four months so yeah definitely a slow process. On the bright side it's totally worth it. H3tty products delivered right to your door. 🥳

• Like 1

On 1/20/2022 at 8:07 PM, skinsmarydu said:

I'm in the buckle of the Bible belt and will never be able to even TRY to do that. 🙄

Feel ya. Live in NC, but moving to SC soon. I’ll be tits up before weed gets legalized here. That’s why I so enjoy visits to my daughter in Michigan!

16 hours ago, Long n Left said:

Feel ya. Live in NC, but moving to SC soon. I’ll be tits up before weed gets legalized here. That’s why I so enjoy visits to my daughter in Michigan!

You may be right but I remember 10 years ago thinking the idea of weed ever being legal in VA was laughable. But here we are. Once it's eventually made legal federally that's going to put even more pressure on red states, especially with their constituents. Conservatives like smoking bud too.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

You may be right but I remember 10 years ago thinking the idea of weed ever being legal in VA was laughable. But here we are. Once it's eventually made legal federally that's going to put even more pressure on red states, especially with their constituents. Conservatives like smoking bud too.

Yeah, but I’m an old ****er.

• Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

Republican lawmakers in Virginia pushing for marijuana law changes

Newly empowered Republican lawmakers in Virginia who opposed legalizing simple possession of marijuana say they don't want to scrap the law, but they do want to make significant changes.

Those changes could include moving up the start date for retail sales and getting rid of a provision that would give licensing preference to people who have been convicted of marijuana crimes.

Republicans have filed at least eight bills that call for amendments to the 2021 law that legalized adult possession of up to an ounce of marijuana and laid the ground work for retail sales to begin in 2024.

"The overriding top-tier concern is that we have to have a regulatory structure in place for retail sales that does not encourage the black market," said Garren Shipley, a spokesperson for House Speaker Todd Gilbert.

Republican Del. Michael Webert is sponsoring a multipronged bill that would make several significant changes, including redirecting the 30% of tax revenues from marijuana sales currently earmarked for a Cannabis Equity Reinvestment Fund to a fund that would be used to rebuild crumbling school buildings around the state.

A separate bill filed by Sen. Tommy Norment would funnel 30% of the revenue from marijuana sales into the state's general fund instead of the reinvestment fund, which was included in the 2021 law as a way to reinvest in communities disproportionately affected by stringent drug laws, particularly communities of color. Both proposals are drawing criticism from social justice advocates.

Webert's bill would also slash the overall tax rate on marijuana sales from 21% to 10%, a step he said he believes is necessary to encourage people to buy from the legal market instead of the black market.