Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Have you ever smoked Weed before???

Renegade7

Have you ever smoked Weed before??? Do you still?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever smoked weed before???

• Yes, and I liked it
    • Yes, but I didn't like it
    • No, but I'm open to trying it at some point
    • No, and I'm never going to

So my last day in the Navy is coming up.  I start terminal leave in a couple weeks with my official retirement date shortly after.  It’s been 20 years since I’ve had to ask but, where do you even get weed at anymore?  Do I just look for some little ****head that looks like me but 20 years younger?  All hypothetical questions of course.

17 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

So my last day in the Navy is coming up.  I start terminal leave in a couple weeks with my official retirement date shortly after.  It’s been 20 years since I’ve had to ask but, where do you even get weed at anymore?  Do I just look for some little ****head that looks like me but 20 years younger?  All hypothetical questions of course.

My snark in the other thread cannot be overwhelmed by my congrats, really.  

I know you've been hangin' out in a bar or nine...you haven't smelled it, run across it somehow?  Damn, I'm in the restaurant biz and everyone reeks of it anymore...in an illegal state. 

I love my job.  :ols:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

Thanks. 

Awesome, your wife must have some magic in her voice! (not discounting your efforts for one second)...tell her I said, "You go, girl!  Give it all you got!"  Sing her ass off, and I'd love to hear it (you can send it PM, I won't share unless you say OK, I promise... but I really wanna know what she does!) 

She is definitely magic and she loved what you wrote! I’ll try and record her some time, but I’ll have to do it when she doesn’t know she’s being recorded she says. She’s sharp as hell though and I’m not much for sneaking right now with my hobbly ass. 

19 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

You ever thought of getting a medical card? My wife and I both have one and DC has great dispensaries that accept out of state patients. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, clietas said:

Ask a neighbor. 🤭

My neighborhood reeks of the wacky tobacky these days. Quite pleasant. 😋

Seriously...I've been on my new job for a week.  GM reeks of weed.  (And I thought it was me, but nope.) 

I worked for my area supervisor for 10 years 20 years ago.  He's gotta know and be cool.   So far, I'm the only person who shows up on time and has to wait for the doors to be unlocked. 

I'm a 55 year old pothead.  I cannot get over how I'm this efficient...  I run circles around people who are not even remotely close to my age.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

4 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

I did say "headed for"...:ols:

I truly admire you guys...my husband was literally a genius, and in charge of the horticulture, knew every plant, flower, shrub...our yard was beautiful, he planted everything, kept it all awesome, and would have absolutely LOVED the chance to do what you're both succeeding at. 

I, on the other hand, can kill a cactus. :(

@Fresh8686...that is some beautiful ****.  Y'all both have it goin' on.  Kudos.  

Don't be too sure that you couldn't do it. Historically I have had absolutely zero green thumb. I killed most things I tried to grow. I think the biggest difference this time is that I actually am very interested in it and I'm doing everything I can to research, learn and get it right. A bit of foresight and preparation goes a long way and I never really did that when I've tried to grow things in the past.

It's also self-reinforcing. Once you get a seed and nurse it as it grows into a full plant you're much more invested in it and you have a real connection to it, whereas if you just grab a flower at a store and bring it home, there isn't really that same attachment. This is all just IMO of course.

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

In VA you can get it from anyone who has it or grows, as long as you don't pay for it (and it's an ounce or under). If you're ever up in NOVA let me know and I'll give you some of what I've grown by that point.

55 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

You ever thought of getting a medical card? My wife and I both have one and DC has great dispensaries that accept out of state patients. 

Whoah, I didn't realize that DC dispensaries would sell to out of state medical card carriers. I've actually been thinking about getting one in VA for a couple of conditions but it didn't seem worth it since the selection here is super limited. But now that opens up a whole new realm so I'll revisit it.

• Thanks 1

I had my web doctor interview a week ago to get my Virginia card. Paid Virginia $50 for the application + $129 to the doctor. It takes 30 days to process so I should have it in ~21 days (not that I'm counting). They just opened up a dispensary about 6 miles from my house. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, mistertim said:

Whoah, I didn't realize that DC dispensaries would sell to out of state medical card carriers. I've actually been thinking about getting one in VA for a couple of conditions but it didn't seem worth it since the selection here is super limited. But now that opens up a whole new realm so I'll revisit it.

Yup, and they just increased the limit so you can get up to 8 ounces a month. I highly recommend Alt Sol as a medical brand and Capital City Care and Takoma Wellness for medical dispensaries. CCC often has the best deals and most places offer 20% off for first time buyers. 

• Thanks 1

My wife got a microscope 

You can tell by the trichomes that these aren’t ready yet with little to no amber in sight. The trichs are more stalky than I’d like, but they do have a week and half to two weeks to mature and get bigger heads. 

62F5B858-F124-47A8-8470-DD211A186051.jpeg

1AF89B04-3EA7-458F-8EE7-89AF5424CEAF.jpeg

03B39DD5-98FF-4418-9DB3-270070945D3E.jpeg

5A4E139E-277C-4C09-9C01-A54603EAAD8E.jpeg

D8F84E96-5D79-46F3-80BF-A1F4240D451A.jpeg

Edited by Fresh8686
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

19 minutes ago, mistertim said:

@Fresh8686From what I've read you generally want to harvest when the trichomes are either cloudy or amber, or somewhere in between. Is there a big difference between those two ranges as far as the potency and effect?

Yup, I prefer more stoney weed with higher levels of amber trichomes, like 25% amber and 75% cloudy. Some people say that amber is a sign of THC degrading into CBN, but I don't fully agree.

The trichomes are like fruit and the clear, cloudy, and amber stages are the steps of ripening. Clear heads offer a more cerebral high, cloudy is thought to be when you reach near peak THC thresholds, and amber is when you are either at peak or on the other side of it and beginning the slide down the degrading part of the ripening curve. 

There is anywhere from a 3-14 day window where each strain has it's own optimal harvest time, but the parameters of that window are also dependent on each person's individual chemistry.

• Thanks 1

On 11/20/2021 at 9:05 PM, TheGreatBuzz said:

It’s been 20 years since I’ve had to ask but, where do you even get weed at anymore?

Hypothetically you could hit me once you’re retired and I could see what your hypothetical options are based on where you are hypothetically living. 

I believe the state won’t have stores open til January 2024. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, tshile said:

Hypothetically you could hit me once you’re retired and I could see what your hypothetical options are based on where you are hypothetically living. 

I believe the state won’t have stores open til January 2024. 

:ols:   Schrodinger's Buds

I actually just got my medical cannabis approval yesterday and submitted it to VA to get my card. Was pretty easy and only took about an hour all told. Maybe something worth looking into @TheGreatBuzz. Then you can go to a dispensary and won't have to rely on shady people like me and tshile.  😁

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, NoCalMike said:

I am starting to warm up to edibles more now, I think I just needed to find the approximate correct amount to give me the "body feels good, relaxed" without it turning into becoming couch locked shortly thereafter.  

My CBD gummies are awesome.  Takes the pain away without  pills. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Uber takes its first step into the cannabis market

Uber is making its first foray into the marijuana market, as Uber Eats users in Ontario, Canada will soon be able to order cannabis products on the app.

Customers will be able to place orders in a dedicated section of the app for cannabis retailer Tokyo Smoke and then pick them up at a nearby store.

The firm refused to be drawn on whether it will roll out the offering further across Canada and the US.

Canada's marijuana market is worth around CAD$5bn (£3bn; $4bn) a year.

Uber Eats users will have to verify their age on the app and then will be able to pick up their orders within an hour, the company said.

Under Canadian law, although marijuana use has been legal since 2018, it is still illegal to deliver it.

Click on the link for the full article

Doesn't make sense to me.  If Uber can't legally deliver it, why use the middle man?  Why not just order directly from Tokyo Smoke if you have to pick it up yourself anyway?

On 11/22/2021 at 1:10 AM, Fresh8686 said:

My wife got a microscope 

Keep a close eye on them buds! Imo, they're gonna be ready long before 1.5/2 weeks! Of course your growing medium will dictate. But if thats hydroponic, a week max.. Nice job, btw!! My first grow, I'd of considered going into business if they looked that good. Wait, Im high, it's Tim who's on his first grow. 🤪

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, GoDeep81 said:

Keep a close eye on them buds! Imo, they're gonna be ready long before 1.5/2 weeks! Of course your growing medium will dictate. But if thats hydroponic, a week max.. Nice job, btw!! My first grow, I'd of considered going into business if they looked that good. Wait, Im high, it's Tim who's on his first grow. 🤪

Lol thanks, I appreciate it! We’re growing in soil and we’ll be harvesting next week once we see 75% Cloudy and 25% Amber trich heads. 

We’ve had a pretty good run for our first time, but I’m already so hype for our next grow. We’re going to be running some powerhouse strains like SkunkVa’s Guerrilla Fume which is the closest seed form version of the original Chem 91 Cut and Irene OG x Chem D which is a killer Atlanta OG cut crossed with that pungent moth ball and baby **** funk of the D. My grow room is about to smell like a dumpster fire outside a jet fuel and chemical sewage factory in the best way possible. 

What strains are you/Tim running for

your “first grow”? 😄

• Thumb up 1